2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

10 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Let's not forget that both Stanislava and Liza were robbed. I'm not a fan of the former at all but both of them have had better results than the privileged girl this season.

She's very talented for sure but I don't think Stanislava has ever broken 200 in international competition so it's a bit of a stretch to compare her current position to Liza's. Or even Med's for that matter. 

ETA: After checking their scores all season, Stasya scored higher than Zhenya's lowest score of the season a total of once internationally. She scored 197.57 at GP Finland, her highest score. Zhenya's lowest score of the season was GP france where she got 192.81 and placed ahead of Stasya at 189.67. So while I agree that this is very unfair to Liza, choosing Zhenya over Stasya isn't exacly controversial. 

I also feel bad for Liza, it might have been the last chance for her to go to Worlds and she'd have also deserved to go. Maybe RusFed knows something that was not made public, I don't know. At least they made the decision and didn't wait until March. It's better for the competitors.

14 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Let's not forget that both Stanislava and Liza were robbed. I'm not a fan of the former at all but both of them have had better results than the privileged girl this season.

Konstantinova's best total score internationally is 6 points lower than Medvedeva's. Both medaled twice (1 bronze and 1 silver), Stasya bombed her free skate at Europeans and at the Cup Final, too so no, except Nationals I don't think her results are better this season.

14 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I don't think Stanislava is actually in the conversation after RCF. 

Gently reminding everyone also to refrain from saying unkind words to any of the skaters be it here or in any other platform. It's not their fault they are put in this situation. We can criticize their credentials without necessarily being unkind. Thank you. 

I don't know what more Liza could have done. She came, she won, she medaled, she landed the 3A multiple times... So she fell sick but then she recovered and landed the 3A again! Brought her flip back! Managed to land a gorgeous 3Lz-3T this season if the lack of that was a reason to hesitate! I wish I could send her a giant crown because she's my Empress, all said and done.

55 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

After this I don't look forward to seeing Medveveva get any spot internationally again. I simply cannot root for skaters who are so unfairly overrated and privileged.

I understand that you're disappointed of what happened but please refrain from being harsh to a girl who also fought for her right. It's not her fault the situation escalated to this and it's extremely unfair to say all of these when she just did what she's supposed to do and worked hard. 

I sorta expected this results considering how favored Zhenya has been all of these years over Liza both domestically and internationally. But I still feel really upset with the results. Im not upset at Zhenya because its not her choice and I am sure she will fight here at Worlds. Happy for her that she is given a chance and to rise from the ashes from all of these bad experiences throughout the season. however, the truth is she still didnt produce the results throughout the seasons and even when she did not medal, she was still generously helped to get those scores. I remember her URs werent called at GP IDF after that disastrous skate. And I would have honestly supported this decision had Liza been chosen but withdrawn.

But I guess RusFed prefers drama and they think a comp with Alina, Evgenia, Rika will be more exciting to watch. And Zhenya is still one of the judges' favorites. Her potential international ceiling is higher than Liza's despite the lower base value because of the PCS inflation. Her techs were rarely called even this season internationally. She is only lower than Alina in PCS if both skate clean. With Alina's condition, it seems like having both Zhenya and Rika in the same comp will be a pressure cooker again for her. So I dont expect her to do squeaky clean. Zhenya on the other hand has less pressure now and is seen as the underdog..If she skates clean in the short, she could def get around 77 pts. So she can still medal. Idk urgh