What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

Priscilla Ahn - Fine on the outside

Takeuchi Marika - Found

Takeuchi-san's Found is full of contemplativeness, strength and hope that I don't think are easy to show. But perhaps, if this song is ever used in FS for show or competition, Yuzu will be able to show them.

On 7/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, Figure_Frenzy said:

If my Spotify On Repeat playlist is to be believed, then my most played music at the moment is the Lensky Aria from Tchaikovsky's Evgeny Onegin. (I do enjoy this piece often though 😂) The one recording I listen frequently was performed by Sergei Lemeshev. The question now is...

...could any satellite here recommend other recordings of the aria by other tenors? Sorry, I know this sounds crazy, especially considering that Lemeshev is like the five star Russian tenor of all time 😅😅😫🙈 — but I am curious if there are other tenors who have given a noteworthy performance in a recording for this aria in your opinion...

Sorry for being so late on this thread.

If you don't mind a German version (and don't be afraid of German reputation of a "guttural language", he has the softest pronunciation), you may also like Fritz Wunderlich, who deserved very well his name (wonderfully).

He recorded it in 1962 (here I think) and in 1966, the year of his death at 36. :cry:

On 8/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Melodie said:

Takeuchi Marika - Found

There are quiet contemplativeness, strength and hope in Takeuchi-san's Found that I don't think are easy to show. But perhaps, if this song is ever used in FS for show or competition, Yuzu will be able to show them.

There is not only a nice melody; she also masters her touch and the organ pedal to get the most beautiful effect with lasting vibration of the strings.

@yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel I didn't know this piece, it didn't have the sort of violence I often feel with Prokofiev, maybe because it's a tribute to Haydn. And it made me learn that Prokofiev had been a pupil of Nikolay Tcherepnin's.

Thanks to Kotaro Fukuma, a japanese pianist who performed Rachmaninoff's Paganini Rhapsody, Scriabin's Etude op.8-12 & Chopin Ballade n°1 in Music With Wings concert, last January in Tokyo,

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7I8Yu9JBe7/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I rediscovered tonight this piece by Shostakovich, played here by his gran- son 🙏

The Fear from the soundtrack of the recent BBC Dracula. I have just taken up studying again after many years, and my first assignment was a Powerpoint presentation (which I have never ever even tried before!!!) on the novel Dracula, so I used this as some of the backing music....

• 3 weeks later...

Jonas Kaufmann's lockdown album heh Selige Stunde has come out, you best believe that I'll spend my time listening to it (especially several songs on repeat like ugh why Schumann's Mondnacht has to be that lush <3 <3 <3)

Also yesterday (7th September) was Buddy Holly's birthday so I listened to him all day as well 😺😏😎😂:D

• 2 weeks later...