2018/19 Coaching changes

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well the english sounds like a coaching change. Unless you think there is a possibility that the chinese coach joins TCC, which I find a bit harder to believe.

I'm not going to deny or giving any other possibility. I just hope to hear more from federation but maybe CSA doesn't work like that. Anyway, we will find out soon or have more clue when the season start. I'll stop comment on this topic until they give more info 

I'm so happy for Yuzu ! Boyang and Evgenia are people he seems to genuinely likes a lot, and these coaching changes almost guaranty that TCC will remain a safe and happy place for the next years, despite Javi leaving.

More egoistically, I think that having a rival such as Boyang next to him could well fuel Yuzu's competitive spirit for 4 more years :biggrin:

One can dream... :)

*crossing fingers*

So basically what happened was:

Yuzu shortly after PC gold: *sighs*

Brian: What is it, Yuzu?

Yuzu: Nothing, just... sad that Javi is moving. It’s good to have a friend when training. *puppy eyes*

Brian: ...

Brian: I fix.

45 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Has this been posted? 

TCC fans: Think we should be concerned for Brian's hair....

BOrser: you guys seriously *think* I'm concerned with my hair when I can become the most powerful anime sensei of all time?

Re: Boyangman 

HAPPY!!!!!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer: :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::cheer::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

It's what I hoped and dreamed, I really believe TCC is where Boyangman can get what he lacks rn, now I only have to be patient and cross my fingers for both him and the club.

He won't be a replacement for Javi and the dynamics between him and Zu can't be the same as with Javi, but Boyang is easygoing and funny, and he is a dork (and the two of them can gush over headphones together and MAYBE BOYANG WILL BRING ZU OUT FOR SHOPPING GUYS MAYBE WELL-FITTED SUITS AWAIT US! joking:1:) and Zu enjoys his jumps so much!

I only hope they won't try to mold Boyang into a "playful" character all the time, while he's good at that, he showed with his last SP he can do very well with different music... tbh I like that Lori is going to be his choreographer (weird StarWars cut notwithstanding:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:), not David who maybe would be tempted to give him a Javi program

So, in Toronto we've got David with Med, 

Lori with Boyangman... so Jeff&Shae for Yuzu?:peek: It looks neat :biggrin:

still a bit "what could have been" for Wakababy, only one week of training at TCC isn't nearly enough girl :13877886:

10 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

You know, this means TCC has major skaters from Japan, China and Russia skating feds (especially when you consider that Wakaba spent a week there, too). Now let me put my tinfoil hat on and consider: They must have discussed the arrangements with respective feds at least unofficially, and, well, this would be one way to make sure politics for TCC skaters don't get dictated by the US Fed's influence.

Disclaimer: I'M ABSOLUTELY NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is me tinfoiling, and that's it. 

*eagerly joining conspiracy theory*:P Tbh I was thinking the same, tho in the past canadian fed hasn't been that generous with Yuzu:laughing: so who knows...

Usually having skaters from different feds helps in ID where a lot is based on reputation and rankings are much more static (in that sense, rn Montreal seem is going to have the most power), asfaik in singles less so... but I don't know, there has ever been something like current TCC? what about Morozov or Tarasova when she still coached? 

For sure it's going to be hard to manage 3 super-top skaters and all the different interests but it helps that Yuzu, Boyang and Zhenya are friendly people and seem to get along (from what we can tell). I remember Tracy saying it couldn't have worked for Javi&Yuzu if they had not been "good" people (not direct quote but that was the gist). Hopefully, with both TCC experience and skaters'personalities, things will work out without huge bumps on the road...

9 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Or watching GoT ;)

With all the drama, heartbreaks, suspense and double and triple politic games going around in FS, GoT is a legit comparison tbh :peekapooh:just don't kill my fave chatacters, skating gods, plz...in GoT it happens all the time :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: :13877886:

4 hours ago, cirelle said:

So basically what happened was:

Yuzu shortly after PC gold: *sighs*

Brian: What is it, Yuzu?

Yuzu: Nothing, just... sad that Javi is moving. It’s good to have a friend when training. *puppy eyes*

Brian: ...

Brian: I fix.

:smiley-laughing021:

I love how memeable all of this is Ci

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

I only hope they won't try to mold Boyang into a "playful" character all the time, while he's good at that, he showed with his last SP he can do very well with different music...

This! As much as I enjoy Spiderman, i much much prefer CTHD. He is clearly capable to show fierceness, uniqueness in that program and i love it because it sets him apart from others. 

I hope he’d work with Shae-lynn or Jeff at least one program next season. They are patient and pay a lot of time to highlight skater’s strength.

1 hour ago, Nuitsuki said:

This! As much as I enjoy Spiderman, i much much prefer CTHD. He is clearly capable to show fierceness, uniqueness in that program and i love it because it sets him apart from others. 

I hope he’d work with Shae-lynn or Jeff at least one program next season. They are patient and pay a lot of time to highlight skater’s strength.

I hoped the same but I read on twitter that he is already in Toronto working with Lori Nichols for his new programs :dry: ... sigh ... so maybe next season ...