On 8/25/2019 at 10:30 AM, WinForPooh said:

She's competing in her first JGP at Lake Placid in just a few days, I wonder how the 4Lz will be called in the end. 

I bet my money that she will get higher GOE than Boyang, Kolyada and Yuzu for their fully rotated ones.

7 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I bet my money that she will get higher GOE than Boyang, Kolyada and Yuzu for their fully rotated ones.

You'll have your work cut out finding somebody to bet against that. :P 

It sucks because she seems to be a joyful performer. Exuberant, I guess. She'd be a lot of fun to watch if there wasn't this judging politics bullcr*p hanging over everything. Feels very much like junior ladies results and scores have mostly been decided before they even skate.  

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You'll have your work cut out finding somebody to bet against that. :P 

It sucks because she seems to be a joyful performer. Exuberant, I guess. She'd be a lot of fun to watch if there wasn't this judging politics bullcr*p hanging over everything. Feels very much like junior ladies results and scores have mostly been decided before they even skate.  

Yep. I could probably enjoy her, Vincent, Nathan and other skaters much more, if they received fair scores. They are all very talented athletes and it's not their fault. But I just cannot ignore the scoreboard, no matter how hard I try.

28 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yep. I could probably enjoy her, Vincent, Nathan and other skaters much more, if they received fair scores. They are all very talented athletes and it's not their fault. But I just cannot ignore the scoreboard, no matter how hard I try.

:iagree:

I guess at least Nathan actually has real quads, though the GOEs and PCS are another story. Even he's short-changed in that particular race, he must have worked very hard to get that very efficient and consistent technique that balances power and rotation speed to actually have proper quads! 

Thank heavens for Jason. He fully deserves the components he gets and if he lands a quad I'm sure it'll be with good technique. If his triples weren't all rotated properly, he'd probably already have a 4T, tbh. But he's got decent technique on his jumps so he has to actually make all the rotations to get a quad. He's got the best 3F in competition rn, I'll be so happy if he manages to add power and tighten rotation to get a 4F! It's not impossible, I have hope. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, WinForPooh said:

Thank heavens for Jason. He fully deserves the components he gets and if he lands a quad I'm sure it'll be with good technique. If his triples weren't all rotated properly, he'd probably already have a 4T, tbh. But he's got decent technique on his jumps so he has to actually make all the rotations to get a quad. He's got the best 3F in competition rn, I'll be so happy if he manages to add power and tighten rotation to get a 4F! It's not impossible, I have hope. :D 

I've been watching his SP from Worlds again and again and again. It's so good. And that 3F is breathtaking. It's just so fluid and elegant that it surprises me every time because he just seems to float into it. Would love to see him do a 4F. I feel like I maybe heard him and Zhenya say in an interview or something that they were both training a quad each. Maybe I dreamed it out of wishful thinking. I want Jason to have a killer season so he's at the GPF and I can see him skate there. 

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Gracie working on 3A. Interesting! She looks like she's doing most of her old triples but how do they look in competition?

Other than Karen Chen regardless of her consistency issues X( ,Gracie is another skater with a gorgeous Lutz. Let's just give her the time and see how far she comes back to the game~~

2 hours ago, memae said:

I've been watching his SP from Worlds again and again and again. It's so good. And that 3F is breathtaking. It's just so fluid and elegant that it surprises me every time because he just seems to float into it. Would love to see him do a 4F. I feel like I maybe heard him and Zhenya say in an interview or something that they were both training a quad each. Maybe I dreamed it out of wishful thinking. I want Jason to have a killer season so he's at the GPF and I can see him skate there. 

Yes they're both practicing 4S and Jason already had it in the free skate last season but couldn't land a clean one yet. He rotates slowly so it'll be big if he manage to land a 4S, not sure if we will see any other quad from him though.

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Gracie working on 3A. Interesting! She looks like she's doing most of her old triples but how do they look in competition?

I'll be very happy for her if her triples come back at competition and she will be able to consistently land them but I think it'll take time. It's nice to see that she feels motivated to try 3A at practice though.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Does anyone know if Jason Brown still going to Nebelhorn?  He doesn't appear to be on ISU list.

He has withdrawn. I don't think there was an official statement from Jason or his team but I found this tweet mentioning an accident a few weeks ago? (info came from tsl I think)