Team Russia

46 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

By "represent Sambo", do they mean that Alyona is gonna skate "for them" while training elsewhere? iirc Zhenya after moving to TCC still represented them, right? So does this "only" mean that Sambo will still get a cut of her earnings/get fundings on her behalf?

(And who's paying Plushenko then?)

I wonder what makes a skater more "marketable" than others. In theory, Alyona has everything: she is sweet-looking, smart, successful and beautiful too, a combo that would certainly attract sponsors. It would be honestly baffling if the reason that kept sponsors away would be her plans to retire after 2022: Anya and Sasha may have very different plans rn but, with a scarily deep field and unforgiving training regime wearing their bodies mercilessly, odds are against them (and a company making investments would be naive not to take that into account).

Alyona is almost universally loved by fs fans &commentators, she is a gorgeous skater with gorgeous elements and 3A too... so is she, as as a "character", less appealing to a general public? Would it be the lack of quad or of a cute dog or of a pretty change of dress?:dontknow: was it "only" one failed negotiation? But then why didn't she had more offers?

Skaters have to represent a club and their affiliation can only be changed within a short period from March to late May. So that’s the rub, but these problems have been solved before, no doubt they will be solved here once again. Even if Alena represents Sambo, she can train with Plushenko and Rozanov. 

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

I wonder what makes a skater more "marketable" than others. In theory, Alyona has everything: she is sweet-looking, smart, successful and beautiful too, a combo that would certainly attract sponsors. It would be honestly baffling if the reason that kept sponsors away would be her plans to retire after 2022: Anya and Sasha may have very different plans rn but, with a scarily deep field and unforgiving training regime wearing their bodies mercilessly, odds are against them (and a company making investments would be naive not to take that into account).

Alyona is almost universally loved by fs fans &commentators, she is a gorgeous skater with gorgeous elements and 3A too... so is she, as as a "character", less appealing to a general public? Would it be the lack of quad or of a cute dog or of a pretty change of dress?:dontknow: was it "only" one failed negotiation? But then why didn't she had more offers?

I never read she had not had offers.

She may have had offers she didn't want, for instance requiring her to wear everyday training gear which don't really fit on her, or for morally dubious companies, etc.

I don't think we will know until her, or her parents make public comments about that matter (If they have done, I never saw it, yet I tend to follow her whereabouts).

She has already modelled, though.

5 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

By "represent Sambo", do they mean that Alyona is gonna skate "for them" while training elsewhere?

I think it's a question of budgeting in the first place, but might be solved before season will start, I think there were such cases already

5 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

Well, I've heard gossip that Alyona demanded too much, but it's gossip... Anna has quads, is cute and polite, so who knows at what sponsors look at in the end.

If what Plushenko says is true and that there's been no mention of financial considerations or sponsorship contracts or what have you between him and Kosto, then where did the rumours about sponsorship etc come from and who started them? I mean that's the type of thing that's normally insider knowledge...:deadinside:

3 минуты назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

If what Plushenko says is true and that there's been no mention of financial considerations or sponsorship contracts or what have you between him and Kosto, then where did the rumours about sponsorship etc come from and who started them? I mean that's the type of thing that's normally insider knowledge...:deadinside:

I think gossips flow around at Russian skating forums, full of "insiders" and some SNS.

And I'd be surprised if Plushenko stated otherwise, but who knows what actually happened.

15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

By "represent Sambo", do they mean that Alyona is gonna skate "for them" while training elsewhere? iirc Zhenya after moving to TCC still represented them, right? So does this "only" mean that Sambo will still get a cut of her earnings/get fundings on her behalf?

(And who's paying Plushenko then?)

Seems to me that the "Wow Factor" these days in Ladies skating is little girls with quads. Although Sasha did not win as much as Alena, they may see her as the one pushing the sport with her ability to jump multiple quads in her Free and multiple types of quads. Also she was the first among the 3A to do these things, so she probably has more name recognition. I know I heard of Sasha first before the other 2.

It's said that Anna is favored by Eteri and Daniil. It looks to me like they believe Anna is poised to overtake Alena soon, so perhaps that's what the sponsors think too. Given that Anna is just as pretty and appealing as Alena, sponsors may feel that Anna is a safer bet since there's no guarantee that Alena will gain a quad. Also, you have other ladies, like Rika and Liza who have already landed quads in practice and they might be ready to bring them to comps this season.

Just in - they say that athletes can only get to the Nationals by going through two competitions at domestic Cup of Russia. The top Russian athletes will be allowed to take part in Rostelecom Cup. 
So the dates are September 18-22 in Syzran 

October 10-13 in Moscow 

October 23-27 in Sochi 

November 8-12 in Kazan 

December 5-8 in Moscow. 
The Nationals are December 23-27 in Chelyabinsk. 

Had to remove a couple of posts, someone put out Kostornaia training with Plushenko and Rozanov and even creating a new program, but they quickly removed the posts in that Instagram. The music is likely to be this - lol, could it be a message? 

Here’s the insta video 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Just in - they say that athletes can only get to the Nationals by going through two competitions at domestic Cup of Russia. The top Russian athletes will be allowed to take part in Rostelecom Cup. 
So the dates are September 18-22 in Syzran 

October 10-13 in Moscow 

October 23-27 in Sochi 

November 8-12 in Kazan 

December 5-8 in Moscow. 
The Nationals are December 23-27 in Chelyabinsk. 

Rusfed always has to be so extra - they're basically creating a domestic GP series here. On the other hand, they have so many great athletes, I guess this is the only way to be fair to them. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Had to remove a couple of posts, someone put out Kostornaia training with Plushenko and Rozanov and even creating a new program, but they quickly removed the posts in that Instagram. The music is likely to be this - lol, could it be a message? 

Here’s the insta video 

glad to see plushenko actually taking an active part in coaching .. hope it's not just for show lol

27 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Rusfed always has to be so extra - they're basically creating a domestic GP series here. On the other hand, they have so many great athletes, I guess this is the only way to be fair to them. 

It's not like they create it from scratch, it was there before, but mostly took part skaters that didn't have GPs, though others sometimes too.

I wonder if T/M will have to participate, read they are in America.

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

It's not like they create it from scratch, it was there before, but mostly took part skaters that didn't have GPs, though others sometimes too.

I wonder if T/M will have to participate, read they are in America.

Oh, really? That might go poorly for them, if they can't get to Russia in time and if Skate America gets cancelled. I like them a lot, so I hope they'll be able to compete somehow.