Team Russia

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

the 4T is huge and airy though. the 3T, not sure if because of bad landing on the 4T or she naturally waits so long between jumps in a combo. no one's 3T is as laboured as Medvedeva's though.

During her Eteri's days? Her -3T combo looks better now tho.

For Valieva's -3T, I think it looks labored because of the way she twists her back and pushes her arms like a pendulum. Some young kids also do the same thing. Actually, I think Alena does that pushing thing with her arms too, but nowhere as weird as Kamila.

I don't know if it is good or bad technique to get combo but it looks unnatural. 

7 hours ago, Melodie said:

During her Eteri's days? Her -3T combo looks better now tho.

For Valieva's -3T, I think it looks labored because of the way she twists her back and pushes her arms like a pendulum. Some young kids also do the same thing. Actually, I think Alena does that pushing thing with her arms too, but nowhere as weird as Kamila.

I don't know if it is good or bad technique to get combo but it looks unnatural. 

The famed Eteri method of jumping - twisting your body, wheeling your arms around like a crazy lopsided windmill. Yulia, Zhenya, Anna - they all have it. If you believe what Plushenko says, even Sasha has it to some extent. Very harmful to their backs. 
I still can’t get over Medvedeva beating Kaori’s TES at the Olympics SP. Kaori’s jumps were just a dream at that particular section of the event, whereas Medvedeva was laboured. 

33 minutes ago, Fay said:

The famed Eteri method of jumping - twisting your body, wheeling your arms around like a crazy lopsided windmill. Yulia, Zhenya, Anna - they all have it. If you believe what Plushenko says, even Sasha has it to some extent. Very harmful to their backs. 
I still can’t get over Medvedeva beating Kaori’s TES at the Olympics SP. Kaori’s jumps were just a dream at that particular section of the event, whereas Medvedeva was laboured. 

Windmill is a good way to describe that twisting thing. Anna’s arms do not look as wild as Kamila’s IMO. That they both have long limbs doesn’t help, aesthetically speaking. 

As for Evgenia, I agree with you. I’m glad she has improved now.

According to Olympic Channel, someone asked Evgenia on her Instagram if she was planning to leave Brian and train with Plush (too - it was in reference to Trusova's and Kostornaia's moves) and her reply was just marvelous:

The 20-year-old was asked in an Instagram comment whether there was any truth to the rumours, to which she gave a definitive response.

"Stop this (nonsense)," she wrote back. "I have found my people and my place in life, I don't need to change anything.

"And mind your own business, to everyone who hints at sensational news."

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/amp/orser-season-plans-medvedeva-dismisses-split/?__twitter_impression=true

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

And what with Academy of Champions?

I think now that both ladies are with small kids, it’s not very practical to hope to travel all around the globe. Not to mention the fact they can’t travel anyway at the moment. So if Plushenko offers you a vacancy, you take it on, I suppose. 
She has glorious knees and can really glide, she can be an asset as far as skating skills are concerned. 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Meanwhile, Plushenko took on Elena Ilyinikh to his club. 

Everytime I see those HUGE posters of Plush interspersed with the hockey players at his rink, I can't help but grin. All those hockey greats, but only one Plush. :roll:

@Paskud maybe it's the whole combination of everyone, both at TCC and CSKA? Plus she's also working with TAT right now, come on. It doesn't get better than that. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Everytime I see those HUGE posters of Plush interspersed with the hockey players at his rink, I can't help but grin. All those hockey greats, but only one Plush. :roll:

@Paskud maybe it's the whole combination of everyone, both at TCC and CSKA? Plus she's also working with TAT right now, come on. It doesn't get better than that. 

Plush can never ever be accused of modesty. We all know that. He’s quite arrogant. 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Plush can never ever be accused of modesty. We all know that. He’s quite arrogant. 

As long as he's not taking himself too seriously, it's magnificent in its own way. 

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

It's a joke.

Yes, but what I said is probably true anyway. 

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As long as he's not taking himself too seriously, it's magnificent in its own way. 

I think he is, actually, but as long as he takes care of the skaters he trains, I am ok with that. I mean, he won’t make those girls feel once they step off podiums, they are nothing, I hope.