Team Japan

2 minutes ago, liv said:

Satoko training with Lee Barkell... didnt see that coming. Guess his move to Granite club kind of frees up space for him to accept more top skaters. Hope it works out. 

Loads of top skaters from all over the planet at your place! How exciting! 

Wow didn’t expect Satoko’s move. Wonder if Rika moving up the ranks so fast prompted this. Wonder if TCC was ever a consideration? After all a couple of her compatriots already train there. In any case, wish her all the best. Her Invierno free program last season was my fave ladies’ program, and seeing her practice it in Worlds was an experience.

There seems to be a lot of movement between countries and an increase in co coaching, across continents in some cases.  I wonder how well these arrangements will work, or whether they are face savers for the original coaches.  

33 minutes ago, Fay said:

Apparently, Rika is also at the Granite right now? 

?? I presume this is just for a short visit since ACI was just held here. 

I read that Sara Honda is moving to Raf too, so the Honda sisters will be in California together...and Sara was with Hamada until now too, right?

Interesting.

1 hour ago, liv said:

I read that Sara Honda is moving to Raf too, so the Honda sisters will be in California together...and Sara was with Hamada until now too, right?

Interesting.

What on Earth do the Honda parents think Raf will do for Sara, considering what's happened to Marin under his coaching? :/ 

19 hours ago, Fay said:

Apparently, Rika is also at the Granite right now? 

This one? Looks like only for few days.

About Sara, I wonder if her parents want to move to USA. She is tiny novice after all. On other hand, Miyu has her voice actor career? I think? so I don't know anymore. Tho I'm 100% sure it was Raf who contacted them.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, liv said:

Now that Barkell is on his own he doesn't have to consider who does or doesn't fit at TCC with all of the skaters they have there. So, with Satoko being there I wonder if Shoma might eventually consider that an option as well, after all, he did coach Nobu.

At this rate, Team Japan could establish their own personal consulate at Yonge& Lawrence. :68468287: