I am glad that these nominees didn't have to sit on the stage and wait for the results. I don't understand why some people thought this was a good idea. IIRC, even Brian supported this event, but I wonder if he ever imagined how he would feel while sitting there with other top coaches and waiting to be judged.

I won't watch the virtual event either. There is no need to follow it live anyway.

25 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I'm wondering how much the fan voting factored in to the final choices for the shortlist. Seems odd that pairs would be completely overlooked, but maybe it's as a result of the fan vote? People tend to be a lot more passionate over singles than pairs.

I've read that fan voting is only 1/3, other 1/3 is some jury and 1/3 media

Pretty sure the online votes were just a way for the organizers to give a fake sense of legitimacy to this circus. They're giving it to whoever they want at the end of the day. Not like they will ever dare to publish the detailed voting scores :68811363:

They claim to want to attract new fans with this but all it will achieve is enhance pointless fan wars. It really leaves a bad taste in mouth.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If that's the case then they should have shortlisted at least one pair

Look, they’ve got TWO candidates from Asia already, how many more do you want?! 
which country wins in representation tables, btw? 

4 minutes ago, Paskud said:

5 for Russia

4 for USA (+Shae-Lynn who works for Raf)

plus Marie France is also pro Chen

The same old faces, as I can see. So they divide the pie up nicely between themselves? 

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

But Shcherbakova has a costume, so all three are nominated for some, all good in here. It's not like anybody cares about results or real popularity here.

And of the two costumes, they chose the free program one... I liked the transformation, most in fact because she loved it so much. But her Perfume costume was a beauty.

@Lunna

I've read that fan voting is only 1/3, other 1/3 is some jury and 1/3 media

I don't know why, I tend to think the "media" consulted were not Max Ambesi, British or Spanish Eurosport, or Tracy Wilson etc. 0:)

And all that politicking... :sick:  — Just as it "ought" to be, after all, with such promoters.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:13 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

See, up until COVID, I was thinking that 4CC 2021 would attract a lot of the big-name skaters, just because it's in Australia. I mean, that's the one part of the globe they never get to travel to, even though they travel all the time. I'm sure a lot of them are just like us and want to see Australia. 

I was so looking forward, not just to the skating, but to seeing my favourites cuddling koalas and doing all the touristy things :smiley-sad021: I think we would have gotten a bogger than usual turnout too... Australia does have that appeal.

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Look, they’ve got TWO candidates from Asia already, how many more do you want?! 
which country wins in representation tables, btw? 

I want the list to reflect reality but I guess tha's not on the menu, huh? :shrug: