Kind of unrelated but interesting nonetheless and hopefully will eventually in future years affect skating and figure skating outside the EU as well.

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN1DE1KK

European Union antitrust regulators are set to back speed skaters who want to compete in new money-spinning events outside the control of the sport's governing body, two sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.

The European Commission's move could impact other sports and become as important a milestone as the landmark 1995 court ruling involving Belgian football player Jean-Marc Bosman, which paved the way for the free movement of players in the EU.

The ruling could set a precedent that would make it easier for unofficial and 'breakaway' events and competitions set up without the approval of a sports' governing body.

The Commission ruling, which is expected by the end of November or early December, is likely to order the International Skating Union (ISU) to amend its system of penalties, which include lifetime bans for competing in unauthorised events, the sources told Reuters.

Maybe you have already seen this: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/930106084257337349

Please read also the comments and observations of @Lys, @Joey and Chibura and others (I do not know if she/he ever signed on this forum) and the answers of Jackie Wong to them.

Personally I would like to ask him (but I am not on twitter) or to who can/want answer how to recognise this "high quality" crossovers (the charachteristics) and what is the differences in the crossovers of Chen (quoted as example of high quality crossovers) and of the other top 10 men: please, can someone explain to me...?

6 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

I leave you also this, if someone would like to comment further about PCS in general : http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2017/11/12/opining-on-2017-nhk-trophy-all-components-are-not-created-equal

The most dangerous thing is not an ignorant person, but a person who only knows part of it and just assumes that they now know it all.

Now, that psycho drama I mentioned in the main thread between Media and Yuzu, well I didn't plan on bringing in more media personalities, but I think a certain person will now make it in. My plot bunnies are now getting all quivering with their bushy tails to get a persona written.

The high quality crossovers comment-I'm sorry, but when you are a professional skater skating in ISU senior events, I hope your crossovers are of high quality, otherwise I have no idea what you are doing there. And not to mention someone completely missed the point about too many crossovers-there is a variety aspect to the TR score, and if you are doing so many crossovers, which are considered easy, it should detract from the variety aspect of the score, in addition to the difficulty aspect. I get the idea around pointless meaningless transitions being an eyesore, but other than TR scores reflecting that, people forgot that it can be reduced in the IN and PE score, since a distracting transition and has no tie to the music. Same if you don't like the constant Tanoing and Rippon'ing.

People also sometimes seem to be penalizing skaters not because the skater is wrong to do that, but because of some principle such as outright objection against something. Fully backloaded programs? Automatically penalize on principle, just because "I'm against abusing the extra scores/backloading per se" regardless of the skater's actual performance (which seems to be the reason in another certain forum where Alina Zagitova's program is concerened). Tano-ing and Rippons? Objection! Not because it actually does not look good, but because on principle constant tano-ing and rippon-ing is too much. Med gets this all the time, so does Zagitova, but I would at least beg to differ on Zagitova because she is skating to a ballet piece, and her entire costume makes it pretty clear she does want to go for a fairly ballet feel. The rippon jumps are fairly good, and helps elogate her, and does remind me  more of jumps and leaps in ballet than straight out skating. So personally I'm okay with that (your milage may vary).

The issue is not IJS per se, but rather that so far there has been no concrete plan to address 2 major things: a) ensuring the application of the IJS is consistent and roughly correct; b) reputation scoring, which is an overarching issue and the cause of the inconsistency in GOE and PCS scoring. This is partially why I'm quite against people going for TES penalties, reducing second half bonuses etc. Because that would make the 2 problems above even worse especially for the lesser known skaters (we go back to 6.0 system where they had no chance). At least skaters now can see where they stack up, somewhat objectively in one part (TES). Sometimes, I wonder if complainers seriously want to do a system where skaters just perform compulsory figures set to music-scary part is I think some would really prefer that since they think that all skaters suck at basics now (minus a couple noteable exceptions like Pchiddy). And then conveniently forget that many of the compulsory figures footwork (loops etc) have made it in as footwork. Also, the guys who have less edge issues on jumps, probably can do well in compulsory figures as they can hold an edge well.

/end rant

12 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

Maybe you have already seen this: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/930106084257337349

Please read also the comments and observations of @Lys, @Joey and Chibura and others (I do not know if she/he ever signed on this forum) and the answers of Jackie Wong to them.

Personally I would like to ask him (but I am not on twitter) or to who can/want answer how to recognise this "high quality" crossovers (the charachteristics) and what is the differences in the crossovers of Chen (quoted as example of high quality crossovers) and of the other top 10 men: please, can someone explain to me...?

People sent him asks and feedbacks but he doesn’t seem to get those. Sadly so. The more scary is that he is the reporter for FS, one among well known ones. Ughhh

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

He could do SkA too, he hasn't done it in a while ... 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Timing wise lean towards SkA and NHK.

I'm not sure it's likely for him to go to SkA with Nathan there, though it will depend on Worlds placements and how everyone will be seeded. If Yuzu and Nathan are on the podium at Worlds, they can't both do SkA. 

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Me thinks that Skate Canada would absolutely want him due to the fact that most of their top skaters are retiring this season - Chiddy, D/R, V/M.

break the canadian silver streak?