5 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Can i ask these here..why is WTT only held in Japan?It is an ISU event right? 

Japan was the first country to hold it and still to this date the only country to pay out the prize money (a whooping 1 million dollars in total). It is an ISU event but IMO you can consider it a Japan's event. Very funny though, when you think about it, because the event is both laxed and not: Skaters ARE forced to go, but there are all these dorky activities for skaters to enjoy, and then scores that almost certainly blow through the roof are officially recognized. I would say it is an iceshow more or less, but with scores as bonuses. (And iceshows pay the best in Japan, so there).

7 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Can i ask these here..why is WTT only held in Japan?It is an ISU event right? 

Because no one else is dumb enough to pay such enormous amount of money to hold it.

WTT is the worst.🙄🤦‍♀️

If you think that scoring at worlds was bad, then just you wait.

1 hour ago, Anni said:

ISU Challenger Series announcement for the season 2021/22

Source
https://t.co/E7Q6Vl4i1A?amp=1

Thank you! There's a link to an "Athlete's Rights and Responsibilities Declaration" :

https://www.olympic.org/athlete365/app/uploads/2020/06/Athletes-Rights-and-Respnsibilities-Declaration-.pdf

I "liked" particularly, on the Rights side, 2) and 9) (when you see Japanese skaters who can't even express their admiration for Yuzuru Hanyu or they may incur retaliation), and on the Responsibilities side, 3) : will Yuzuru Hanyu feel compelled to declare himself the blatant discrimination he's facing (and Shun Sato too)?

19 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Well, should he represent Japan without JSF support or China or Korea, probably even less, hardly more than 80, wouldn't he?

That's what I'm thinking too. If he'd represent China or Korea (or an even smaller fed), he'd probably get no more than 85 when he skates clean.

45 minutes ago, Fay said:

Welcome to the new off-season, apparently we are starting it in style with Eric Redford and Vanessa James forming a partnership. Meagan Duhamel doesn’t sound overjoyed, though. 

1. oh vey. this is your athlete's representative, i guess. fitting.

2. where'd she talk about it? eta: oh, insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2tnyrrF4y/

v. dramatic and passive aggressive

taking this here :smiley-devil:

22 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I don't think PCS should be abolished, but it should be rearranged and redefined. SS, for instance, is as technical as the jumps, so it should be considered as a part of the TES.

Definitely, I think the PCS categories that should be left are SS and TR, because those are actually quantifiable. In fact, SS should be broken down as that's the most important PCS category, IMO, and the one that doesn't get rewarded anywhere else (at least TR technically should be rewarded in StSq, as GOEs for jumps etc.). SS should be broken down into edge control & depth (like how figures were judged), speed, and ice coverage, which are all at least somewhat quantifiable with motion capture (ice scope already does it). Maybe Composition can be quantifiable as well, like the pace of your program, do you put all your spins at the end? etc. TR should include difficulty of turns and number of them. 

I don't think anyone would have a big problem with PCS if it were scored as above with no relation to "performance" or "interpretation," so why not just define it like so. I don't think waving your arms around and looking sad should be rewarded in PCS if you don't have good skating skills to back that up. 

You could say, well Eteri's skaters will just find a way to maximize each of these categories, like do fast laps around the ice for ice coverage and speed, and then jump, etc. But they get the highest PCS anyway, so :shrug: and you can't fake all that as well as good edges throughout the whole program while also jumping unless you have strong foundational skating skills.

36 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

taking this here :smiley-devil:

Definitely, I think the PCS categories that should be left are SS and TR, because those are actually quantifiable. In fact, SS should be broken down as that's the most important PCS category, IMO, and the one that doesn't get rewarded anywhere else (at least TR technically should be rewarded in StSq, as GOEs for jumps etc.). SS should be broken down into edge control & depth (like how figures were judged), speed, and ice coverage, which are all at least somewhat quantifiable with motion capture (ice scope already does it). Maybe Composition can be quantifiable as well, like the pace of your program, do you put all your spins at the end? etc. TR should include difficulty of turns and number of them. 

I don't think anyone would have a big problem with PCS if it were scored as above with no relation to "performance" or "interpretation," so why not just define it like so. I don't think waving your arms around and looking sad should be rewarded in PCS if you don't have good skating skills to back that up. 

You could say, well Eteri's skaters will just find a way to maximize each of these categories, like do fast laps around the ice for ice coverage and speed, and then jump, etc. But they get the highest PCS anyway, so :shrug: and you can't fake all that as well as good edges throughout the whole program while also jumping unless you have strong foundational skating skills.

This is a very interesting topic (but a bit off-topic for the General Yuzu Chat's thread) so thanks for bringing it over here :) OK, so on the assumption that it's gonna get better with the wacko judging bias and corruption (a human can dream, yeah?) 

- I still think SS should be put in TES while TR can stay in PCS. And 100% to quantifying difficulty in turns, steps and the quality of these elements. 

- I think CO should be abolished first and foremost LOL. Why scoring a skater on something that is most of the time the work of the choreographer? 

- As for IN, just merge it into PE. Why are they separate categories, again? Also, while we are at it, freaking abolish the ChSq please!!!

- Ice coverage and speed should be tied with both TR and SS.

- Now, onto the topic of Eteri's skaters (and Raf's and most of Mishin's too), it's not like all of them have basics strong enough so...