2 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

What is the max number of skaters a country can enter for one discipline? For worlds I knw is 3 spots max. What about grand prix?

Max at a grand prix event is 3 per country, but the spots are earned by the skater and not the country. (On the contrary, for the JGP it's earned by the country.) The exception is single host spot which is given to the host country. For Euros, it's 3 spots max, and for 4CC, each country gets 3 spots period.

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Probably takes a high level of comfort and skating skills to be comfortable in your elements *and* be able to emote? You can only expend so much effort and all of it goes into setting up jumps, doing your steps, etc.... Honestly, it's why Yuzu is so amazing, and why PCS judging shouldn't be so lackadaisical by the judges...like jumping quads, performance is HARD. 

Anyway it's also really hard to time all your moves to the music, because it obviously means you have to be ready to jump, spin, or do the connecting step right on the note. And if your weight's not in the right place at the moment, or you are a bit behind the music and can't rush to catch up, then the entire performance suffers. To be able to hit the beat all the time like Yuzu does is so hard because it means you've buffed the hell out of your skating that you can do any and every move at every single moment. And then you factor in nerves...it's really easy to just let your muscle memory take over and completely close out your surroundings including your music. Probably also why we see some ladies like Alina who does have her moments in competitions when she hits her jumps and arm movements on the note, but she was really off her music at the Olympics due to nerves. 

Yep yep :yes: 

You can have good technique without good artistry but you can't have good artistry without good technique. Makes you appreciate the artistry in Yuzu's improv even more.

4 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

I found this interesting view of Alina's SP at Oly (the complete performance by the aerial/roff angle view): do you know if there is something like that for the entire SP of Yuzu and/ or the other top men? Thanks in advance!

Oh this is so interesting, she speeded up in the second half, like really speeding up,

12 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

I found this interesting view of Alina's SP at Oly (the complete performance by the aerial/roff angle view): do you know if there is something like that for the entire SP of Yuzu and/ or the other top men? Thanks in advance!

Her spins really are great, aren't they? She barely travels during her spins, it's remarkable from that POV.

29 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Where can I watch live stream of World Junior Championships tmrw??? 

What site?? 

Usually one of the admin creates a thread in the event discussion section. There will links and stuff in there. I don’t see the thread yet. 

ETA: It starts March 7 so a few more days. 

16 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

How come Karen Chen and Nathan Chen always complain about boot problems but Ive never heard Hanyu complaining once about his boots????

Ive never heard Hanyu say something about his skating boots or complain about them. Enlighten me why some skaters have problems whilst hanyu doesnt.

Just because he doesn't talk about it, it doesn't mean he doesn't have issues. I would guess that Yuzu thinks of talking about such issues as making excuses.

40 minutes ago, robin said:

Just because he doesn't talk about it, it doesn't mean he doesn't have issues. I would guess that Yuzu thinks of talking about such issues as making excuses.

Ive also heard yuna kim complain about boots 08 season.

Im sure he would have said something if it was a big problem cuz he talks about his injury.

Is it cuz he lands jump with less pressure or something? 

3 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

Ive also heard yuna kim complain about boots 08 season.

Im sure he would have said something if it was a big problem cuz he talks about his injury.

Is it cuz he lands jump with less pressure or something? 

Definitely not because of any difference in jumps. 

What some people consider reasons, others consider excuses. Yuzu has always been acutely aware and careful with what he says to the media. And he is not a complainer. We only every hear of things after competitions.