General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

The part about leaving 4Lz and 4Lo is from the interview with Ghilsan.  

The injury part isn't an official statement, it was Kozuka Takahiko's view. He said he's not sure about complete recovery, but if it's a serious injury, 1-2 weeks of rest is a must. 

:Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup:

I doubt we'll have an official statement from team cricket for a while...:Poohgaveup:

I thought so, thank you for clarifying

Me too, I doubt the situation is clear enough for them to release any official statements soon

3 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

That's probably why you're feeling like that- here, let me virtual hug you:10742289: We need you around for the cheering squad for nats and all that stuff, remember!

Thank you. I really need to get it together. It does become worse when your lying in bed with nothing to distract you.

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

It feels like my heart WAS ripped outagainand i've been sighing the whole day. I am acting like a terrible employee but fuck this, i feel too sad. Someone asked me something and i swear i could hear the sadness in my voice...

I feel bad for feeling sad because i am not useful in this state (not that i can do much anyways)...

I do believe you can tell who are Fanyus today by the puffy eyes....

8 hours ago, yuzupon said:

I've been skimming through the thread and ...

Let me give my two cents, and then I have to be sorta away for the weekend (change of plan now that I don't have Men's FS and Gala to wait for)

Regarding fans pushing Yuzu to upgrade his layout. :sigh: I am in the camp who was hoping for 4Lz (and maybe 4A, if you squint, for pride reasons, don't kill me!), because, among other things, looking at how much judges fudge he needs it to be on the secure side of winning against the 'quantity-over-quality squad'. I want him to win because that is what he wants. Getting that 2nd OGM is not my, or any fans' goal; it is Yuzuru Hanyu's goal. We just want to support him. He could retire now, and will still be the Greatest of All the effing Time in my heart and I believe in the heart of so many. He could choose the route of staying with what he is comfortable with, and with the all the blessings of the skating gods, he might still win anyway. But eventually, he is the one who decided to upgrade his layout.

I know that it is easy to blame the layout upgrade for this particular injury, but I think we should really put into account that it is his decision with blessings from his team. I would never be so arrogant as to say we fans have much if any, influence on what he would or should do. This injury is unfathomably unfortunate, but blaming it on anything is not going to help anyone. This man is the same boy who insisted on adding 4S into his arsenal during the last Olympic cycle against his coach wishes because he knew/thought/was convinced he needed it. True, he has changed; wiser and more willing to discuss things with his team. But at the heart of heart, Yuzuru is still the same athlete who pushes himself because if he is not challenging himself, "why continue to compete at all?"

I am unbelievably saddened and broken hearted that he had to WD from NHK and therefore unable to defend his GPF champion title. My personal decision, however, is to not blame this on anyone. Because really, whose fault is this layout upgrade? Yuzu and his team - who make the ultimate decision about the said upgrade? Fans who are 'pushing him' to do so? The aforementioned 'quantity-over-quality squad' and their team who necessitated the upgrade? The judge fudging? The ISU for sucking at making sure their judge don't fudge? The skating gods for making this sport moves the way it does? Yuzu again for successfully starting the quad revolution?

I know that each person's coping mechanism is different. For some, finding someone or something to blame probably helps to ease the aching in their hearts. For me, that doesn't help. It channels my sadness into anger. And in this particular situation, I'd rather be sad than angry. A sad me only needs to see the silver lining to be hopeful again. An angry me needs 1) a person/thing to be angry at, 2) to do something to change the situation I am angry about, neither of which is possible/reasonable.

There's one thing that bothers me, which despite being pale in comparison to the love the skating community is showing him, stuck out like a sore thumb anyway,

Reveal hidden contents

and it's those who are usually Yuzu's critics voicing that they want him to be well because the FS world needs him. I want Yuzu to be well because I care about his wellbeing and I care about what he wants to achieve for which he needs to be well. In this aspect, I could not care less about the rest of the FS world. I'd rather they just be silent than saying they wish him to be well because the FS world needs him, instead of because as human people, they, never mind care about him, sympathise and empathise with him.

That's it. That's my two cents.

At the end of the day, I have faith in Yuzuru. He will recover, he will come back and achieve his goals. In the meantime, I am praying for him, and sending him positive thoughts.

Yuzu, Ganba!!!

I wanted to write a reply to your post ever since I read it, so here it is.

I agree with you on so many things. I doubt what we fans want matters for Yuzu. He's an athlete, not an idol. Of course, he wants to make us happy, but he'd have to be an idiot to force new quads because his fans want it. He does it because he wants it, even when his coaches are against it. It's just who he is, and part of why we all love him, I think.

And although I wrote about Brian and how things might - or might not - have been different if he'd been there, I still don't think assigning blame is useful. Identifying problems is, because it helps one fix them, but blaming is counterproductive, IMO. (That's something I maintain at work, too. When there's a mistake and the boss asks whose fault it was, I usually say: it was all of us or multiple people. It doesn't matter, what matters is learning from it. Blaming only gets people discouraged and frightful and unwilling to take chances.)

I also agree that I think most of us don't care about jumps, medals, not even the OGM as much as we care about him being happy and healthy and doing what he loves. But he loves winning and he wants those medals, so we want them for him. We support him both when he wins and when he doesn't. Because that's what being a fan is really about. Anyone can be a fan when it's all sunshine and flowers. But a true fan will support their favorite(s) through the hard times, too. (Not saying there are any here who don't.) Even when they make decisions we don't necessarily agree with. This is probably the thing I want him to know the most. That our support should never become pressure, because he could never disappoint us. Not really, not in a way that matters. So all he needs to do is focus on himself and use our support to fuel him on. (I guess I'll try to put that in a letter today...)

I don't really mind the comments about the FS world needing him, though. Not everyone likes him, and not everyone is empathetic and that's fine. But that even those who don't like him acknowledge that he IS important to the FS world - just like that other tweet about where would FS be without the Yuzu fandom - to me is a plus. Maybe it's reluctant, but I'm not sure that's been said about other - or if so, not many - skaters. Nobody alone has ever been, single handedly, so important to FS like Yuzu - and the following he brings - is. That they're probably gritting their teeth having to say things like that is even better :P (Or maybe I just have a mean side who likes to see it like this.)

39 minutes ago, katonice said:

Thank you. I really need to get it together. It does become worse when your lying in bed with nothing to distract you.

I do believe you can tell who are Fanyus today by the puffy eyes....

I kid you not guys, an aunt just looked at me and told me "Your eyes are so swollen... You look as if you've been crying for three weeks" :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

No joke. I just looked in the mirror. I can’t leave my room today looking like this!

27 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I kid you not guys, an aunt just looked at me and told me "Your eyes are so swollen... You look as if you've been crying for three weeks" :sadPooh:

We should all drink lots of water and keep hydrated. I've found it helps with the puffiness. 

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I can't with that thumbnail!

:knc_yuzu2: And I think I've been to too many concerts... I feel like learning that song today so tomorrow we could all gather in front of the venue and sing it for Yuzu >_< (as if I'd ever take such an initiative... I can't even sing ^_^; )

After everything that had happened these couple of days, I thought I will share this MAD with you. I had heard it when I first became a fan and was catching up on Yuzu's history, now I find it quite fitting for such challenging times. The lyrics in this MAD were edited and re-sung by the team who created this MAD in order to fit Yuzu more appropriately, so I think as fans we can all relate to the message. 

I am quite limited in the Chinese language, so I can only roughly translated what I thought the words mean. If there are any mistakes, feel free to correct me.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av7024733/  (Please watch the video too; it is really moving.)

牢牢吸引着我们目光
Our gaze are firmly planted on
变幻成的花静静开放
The blossom you morphed into quietly
旋转跳跃无数种花样
Spins, jumps, and numerous moves
成功后多少创伤
The injuries behind the successes

停留空中如翙羽生长
The plume feathers that remain in the air
一切和你的名字一样
The same as your name
冰皇让我领略它模样
The frigid ice gives me a taste of what it's like
却是因为你爱上
But I fell in love with it because of you

摔倒几次你从未在意过冰凉
You never care of the coldness when you fell
浴火的鸟不流浪
The phoenix that rise from the ashes doesn't stray
笑起来的时候眼里星光闪亮
The bright stars in your eyes when you laugh
一声BYE-BYE不曾忘
You never forget to say bye-bye

腰部猛然地弯折
Your waist sharply bend
徐徐地下落
Slowly fall to the ground
额头手臂都在脚踝扣成锁
Your chin and arms are locked with your ankles
宁愿跳跃后摔倒也不空落
Rather jump and fall than pop
所以战袍永不脱
That's why your battle armor is never taken off

你是英雄的颜色
You are the color of hero
纪录手中握

Armed with numerous world records
让你背负这么多是对是错
Is it right or wrong to let you bear so much?
你说我无时无刻不鞭策我
You say there was never a time you never not challenge yourself 
窥探到你生活
When I pry into your life
孤独而寂寞
Alone and lonely

笑容挂在沉默的脸上
The smile that hangs on your silent face
转头露出本来的模样
Reveals its true look when turned away
忍着痛似乎没有受伤
Endure the pain so it doesn't show its injury
但毕竟不同往常
But it is still different from before

汗水在脸上缓缓流淌
The sweat slowly drips down your face
延续了一年前的愿望
The wish from a year ago still goes on
再一次失败没有伪装
You don't hide from your failure
大不了再上战场
And continues stepping onto the battleground

曾经最后出演的阴阳和肖邦
In the past you performed Seimei and Chopin
还有巴黎的阳光
Also the sunshine of Paris (Parisienne Walkways)
莎翁出名的剧目同花在绽放 
The famous Shakespearean play bloomed like flower
掌声都为你而响
The applause thunders because of you

多少苦痛经历过
You experienced numerous pain and hardships
突发的灾祸
And the sudden tragedy
哪怕躺在冰面上只求结果
Even when you lied on the surface of the ice, you only begged for results
用生命做赌注跳起的血色
The blood from the jumps you betted your life on 
到最后泪眼婆娑
In the end the tears you shed

那块奖牌拿到过
The piece of gold you've gotten
历史缔造过
The history you created 
失意也要为别人鼓掌庆贺
Even when you failed, you clapped for the others
正是为什么爱你越来越多
Which is why I love you more and more
是为你的人格
It is because of your character
谦卑而执着
Humble yet stubborn

为何什么都不说
Why do you not tell,
全部隐瞒着
And conceal everything
一遍一遍地摔倒你不痛么
Are you not hurt from the falls?
被别人诽谤后你也会自责
You blame yourself after being slandered
哪怕你并没有错
Even when you are not in the wrong

维尼熊玫瑰花朵      送你十万个
I give to you hundred thousands Winnie Poohs and roses
觉得除了你冠军无人可夺
I believe no one but you can earn the title
你是前无古人和后无来者
You are unprecedented and unsurpassed
爱你不求有所得
I love you for no gain,
只想你快乐
Just want you to be happy

这一路我们陪你走
This road we will accompanied you
哪怕再寂寞

No matter how lonely it is.

(So please, keep on smiling.)

I've come across this spectacular fanvid and I can't help tearing up...  I swear the song was written about him

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av13830020/

"Seconds, hours, so many days
You know what you want but how long can you wait?
Every moment lasts forever
When you feel you lost your way

With every step you climb another mountain
Every breath it's harder to believe
You make it through the pain, weather the hurricanes
To get to that one thing

Just when you think the road is going nowhere
Just when you almost gave up on your dreams
They take you by the hand and show you that you can
There are no boundaries

I fought to the limit to stand on the edge
What if today is as good as it gets?
Don't know where the future's headed
But nothing's gonna bring me down

I've jumped every bridge and I've run every line
I've risked being saved but I always knew why

You can go higher, you can go deeper
There are no boundaries above and beneath you
Break every rule 'cause there's nothing between you and your dreams" 
:sadPooh:

9 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Thank you for bringing these clips over here and make me smile and laugh truly for the first time today. He is so adorkable in these with the glasses! and his effort to sell products haha (look at how he Incorporated the awkward turn and spray into his sales pitch haha ):POOH:

===============================

Also, I am just gonna leave this here for anyone who is interested in the prognosis and treatment of ankle ligament injury:

*microscopic  tear  (Grade  I)

- rest,  ice,  compression,  elevation

"RICE"

*macroscopic  tear  (Grade  II)

-strap  ankle  in  dorsiflexion  and  eversion  x  4-6  wk 

-physiotherapy:  strengthening  and  proprioceptive  retraining 

*complete  tear  (Grade  III)

-below knee walking  cast  x  4-6  wk

-physiotherapy:  strengthening  and  proprioceptive  retraining 

-surgical  intervention  may  be  required  if  chronic  symptomatic  instability  develops

So healing time and process depends on the level of his injury.. from the reports so far, His injury sounds less like complete tear, more likely a grade I or II tear... if it's grade I then he probably can resume training pretty soon without problem...but if it's grade II, he will need to tak e 4~6week to heal and then doing rehabilitation to get back to from, that means Japan National will be cutting it close too...:squishedPooh: 

At this moment we can only wish that his tear is microscopic and that his body speed up its healing process (eat well,sleep well, Zuzu! Mama Hanyu, please pammper him!!!) And hope that no long term instability develops...:dpooh:

I am heartbroken to hear of Yuzuru's injury and am praying for a good recovery. I am hoping he did not sustain a complete tear or one or more ligaments.

My experience with torn ligaments. 

There are three ligaments in the ankle - I had Grade III tears in two out of three.  Immediate ice and elevation.

Two months in an immobilization boot and crutches.

Physical therapy/ rehab started immediately. I went 3 times a week for 6 months, plus exercises to do at home.

Ligaments do not heal "together" like bone. Think of your fingers facing each other, with palms facing towards you. The fingers will not completely come back together and seal. So I have one intact ligament left, and two other weak ones.  

The Physical therapists said recovery of broken bones is often faster and more "complete" than torn ligaments.

I think from the reports so far, it is impossible to tell the severity of his injury (sad). We can only hope and pray.

7 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

sorry if this is off topic, what is MAD?  i've been wanting to know for a long time...

I believe it originates from Japanese anime culture? It used to only refer to a fan-created video for an anime, piecing together different clips of the anime. Now, it is broadly refers to as any fan-created music videos, not necessarily just for anime. So in this case, the fans piece together many different clips of Yuzu and add in a song they think is appropriate for the message they want to send out.