General Yuzuru Chat

Hello everyone. I am so happy with the return of the Planet. Thank you admins. :bow:This place is my heaven for rest and relaxation in the real world. Thank you all for the updates and translations. I loved the new CM and the new images.:thanks:. Yuzu looks so handsome in red, but the pants ... Just a big not for her .. The hot and very good chocolate to alive the tension. I'll be making several this weekend and I'll add ginger to try it:snpeace:

1 hour ago, CupidsBow said:

Acting cute in a second language you are not very comfortable with is a natural defense mechanism I think. Not really to avoid doing it but so the listener is less likely to scorn your lack of skills. I am way nicer, smilier and cuter in Korean than I am in English :laughing: 

And as an EFL teacher there are two types of low-level/mid-level students; the ones that avoid speaking because they're not confident in their ability, and the ones that know they're not great so ham it up by being extra cute/funny. The latter can be a bit disruptive but are generally easier to teach and improve faster.

Also I am a sucker and I love cuteness gimme all the cute 

I’ve recently noticed I go full clown idiot in Japanese. Not that I don’t go full clown idiot in English as well, but for a long time I was too shy and uncomfortable and as a result didn’t practice as much. People seem a lot more willing to chat when you’re crazy, too! :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, dancingnoodles said:

Good thing they are fixing that cursed ice. Maybe change the feng shui while they are at it too? :rofl:

On that note, where will CoC be held for the next 2 years?

Ghana CM... I have no word... Yuzu killed me then brought me back to life simultaneously :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

They could go to shanghai, between beijing and shanghai, there is no lack of venues they could switch to temporarily.

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Still a long way off, but still...

Glad they're renovating, for the sorta-dim lighting and the lame sound effect made me worried... But no worries now. They care a LOT about appearances in big international events and it will be good. 

(And to drag it back on topic here: Though the chances of Yuzu skating till 2022 is very, very low, I often think of one of the scenarios that could make it happen. That is if ISU changes the rules after Pyeongchang in a way that allows athletes in their late twenties to stay highly competitive. If he finds new areas (e.g. aside from jumps) to challenge and knows he's still in contention for gold,  that might lure him to stay.)

15 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Glad they're renovating, for the sorta-dim lighting and the lame sound effect made me worried... But no worries now. They care a LOT about appearances in big international events and it will be good. 

(And to drag it back on topic here: Though the chances of Yuzu skating till 2022 is very, very low, I often think of one of the scenarios that could make it happen. That is if ISU changes the rules after Pyeongchang in a way that allows athletes in their late twenties to stay highly competitive. If he finds new areas (e.g. aside from jumps) to challenge and knows he's still in contention for gold,  that might lure him to stay.)

I think he might do it, especially if he changes his mind to go for the full quad arsenal, and if new, good competitors show up. As it is, he has enough technical content to stay relevant till 2022. It is also more the norm now for guys to stay past age 25, and the real issue with the current uncles is more that their technical content is not keeping up- an issue Yuzu does not have.

My concern really is who can provide the challenge to him? The current crop of junior men does not look that promising, really. And will ISU finally give BVs for quints, improve it for 4-4 combos? Those are the real issues, along with his health to see if he stays on longer if no external competition exists for him.

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

And will ISU finally give BVs for quints, improve it for 4-4 combos?

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

About who will challenge him... I think that as long as he feels he can improve something and doing it in competitions is the only way, he will stay. Having someone who challenges him is important but I think his own motivation is very important but too

OT, but I just wanted to say: mission accomplished. There is now a Planet Hanyu ema at Seimei Shrine. I'll post pictures a bit later. It's late and I haven't done half the visiting I wanted to ^^;

PS: it also has a tiny gold swan attached to it.

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Compulsory subject?!  What do they learn in that primary school?:rofl:

2 hours ago, dancingnoodles said:

Good thing they are fixing that cursed ice. Maybe change the feng shui while they are at it too? :rofl:

On that note, where will CoC be held for the next 2 years?

Ghana CM... I have no word... Yuzu killed me then brought me back to life simultaneously :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yes, they need to cleanse the entire venue so that it's no longer the Cup of Catastrophe.

And if Beijing 2008 is any indication, I have faith in the Chinese federation to make it awesome!

1 hour ago, Xen said:

My concern really is who can provide the challenge to him? The current crop of junior men does not look that promising, really. And will ISU finally give BVs for quints, improve it for 4-4 combos? Those are the real issues, along with his health to see if he stays on longer if no external competition exists for him.

For the past few years, Yuzu's strongest rival is himself. The others are just there to spice things up further.

And no...NO QUINTS!  Until they've figured out the long term effects quads have on bodies, nobody should try quints...

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

OT, but I just wanted to say: mission accomplished. There is now a Planet Hanyu ema at Seimei Shrine. I'll post pictures a bit later. It's late and I haven't done half the visiting I wanted to ^^;

PS: it also has a tiny gold swan attached to it.

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:!!!!!