Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

51 минуту назад, aliyuzu сказал:

hallo! i will be flying from Berlin, do you know what airport is best/easiest to fly into Moscow? Looks like there are 3, SVO, DME & VKO? Any tipps/recommendations? 

SVO is a liitle closer and from my experience less crowded than DME. But there're express trains to the center from all airports - they arrive to different metro stations. So I'd say you must look for more comfortable/cheapest flight it's not like there's a huge difference.

4 hours ago, Elaine said:

@Fay They got my payment at last!!! Thank you so much for all the help:thanks:I am officially settled for COR (oh wait, haven't got the visa...

 

YAY!!!! Will be happy to see you all - those who are coming over in October!!! Please, just ask questions!

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

 

YAY!!!! Will be happy to see you all - those who are coming over in October!!! Please, just ask questions!

 

I'm happy for those of you able to go.  

 

I was so happy that they decided to have open practices.   I was on the parter.ru site at 5am to order tickets.  I was excited to go to the competition & to visit Moscow.  Since then, this whole experience has soured for me.   They would not take my credit card, so I tried to wire money.  They did not send adequate information to make the wire transfer.  I had to be on the phone for over an hour, trying to find someone who could speak English, getting cut off twice, going through the whole process again, until I could extract the information I needed.  In the course of this, the agent I dealt with - without my permission - canceled my tickets & gave me inferior seats, since in that one minute, my original seats were apparently sold to someone else.  I finally sent the wire - to at least get those inferior seats.  According to my bank, the wire went through on July 12, but parter.ru still lists my tickets as "unpaid".  I have sent several emails to their customer support address & to their main address.  I can't face dealing with their call center again.   I think now that they will cancel even my inferior tickets & I'll never even get my money back. 

 

In addition to this, the Ibis hotel, where I'd booked a room to be in walking distance from the arena, canceled my reservation - claiming that someone called by mobile phone & canceled.  Of course, my room was immediately taken by someone who somehow knew that there was a cancellation & there are no rooms left now.

 

I realize that I am very fortunate that I'll be going to Autumn Classic & Milan & I can accept it if I can't go to Rostelecom, but I am disturbed that there is such bad customer service for an international event.

 

 

27 minutes ago, Fay said:

sorry about everything, Upnights! Did you remember to include your reservation number into the bank transfer?

 

Thanks.  Yes, I did.

Thanks for the offers of help from members of this community (by private messages) :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:My tickets & payment are still unresolved, but a Canadian friend of mine, who was also having all sorts of problems getting her payment through, finally succeeded - & she has a 2nd set of tickets that I can buy!  So, looks like I'm going!

 

:dancingpooh:

hello there, I am going to COR together with my friend. We are thinking about Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, located at on Leningradsky Prospekt 31 bld. 1.   Booking.com says it's only 750 m from Dinamo metro station. Is anyone planning to stay in this hotel? How long does it take to go to the megasports from there? Really have no idea about the local traffic 

Has anybody already started applying for the visa? It looks a bit complicated to get the invitation letter.

Thinking about whether I should engage a travel agent to help me with the visa, or to contact the hotels for assistance first.

 

  • Author
52 minutes ago, katonice said:

Has anybody already started applying for the visa? It looks a bit complicated to get the invitation letter.

Thinking about whether I should engage a travel agent to help me with the visa, or to contact the hotels for assistance first.

 

 

You can get a visa support letter from any online visa service company. Most of them send the letter in e-mails and it usually cost about $15-30 (depending on a couple of things like for example how urgent you need the invitation letter). Consulates usually don't require original copies of the letter, but if you need them then they send the letter to you by post.

5 hours ago, soysauceist said:

hello there, I am going to COR together with my friend. We are thinking about Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, located at on Leningradsky Prospekt 31 bld. 1.   Booking.com says it's only 750 m from Dinamo metro station. Is anyone planning to stay in this hotel? How long does it take to go to the megasports from there? Really have no idea about the local traffic 

You can walk to Megasport from there, I guess. Dinamo is the closest metro station to the arena. 

But I'd check whether there are available rooms for that period. Many hotels are booked out. 

53 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

You can get a visa support letter from any online visa service company. Most of them send the letter in e-mails and it usually cost about $15-30 (depending on a couple of things like for example how urgent you need the invitation letter). Consulates usually don't require original copies of the letter, but if you need them then they send the letter to you by post.

Thank you! I'll research on that and hopefully it will be noto too much hassle to obtain one.

The visa fees are expensive enough as it is :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:

5 часов назад, soysauceist сказал:

How long does it take to go to the megasports from there? Really have no idea about the local traffic 

I think it will be 30-40 min. walk by foot.

thank you Fay and Lunna!!! It's still available, but it's in high demand so it will probably get full soon. Now that I know the distance is ok I need to book asap:smiley-happy085:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.