Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

On 2017/8/27 at 3:41 AM, Mastyaeva said:

Hi!
Sorry, seems to be a little late. @Fay and @Lunna have done a great job already!
:thanks::goe:
I live in Moscow, so feel free to ask questions (although I am not an expert in visa-related questions, still hope to be helpful).
P.S. Feel shy as it's my first forum message ever... Even not sure to write it properly (especially in English). But I really appreciate those who are going to undertake this long journey to Moscow! Good
luck!

 

hi @Mastyaeva, 

Thank you very much for willing to help us for some questions in Moscow. Really know little about it.

 

Just read some repo that the security check in SVO airport is VERY slow, and strict. Sometimes it may take 3-5 hours. Is that true?


COR GALA shall end at 17:30 but my flight will take off at 20:15.   I have to give up the final group dance and try to catch up the Aeroexpress train at 17:30. 
Is that enough or I have to leave for the airport earlier? (I don't want to miss Hanyu's program!!!!) 
 
P.S. Is there any Left luggage service provided in SVO airport? Really don't want to watch Exhibition with my suitcase.

Thank you for kindly answering my questions.

Hi! I will try to answer.

2 часа назад, supphear сказал:

Just read some repo that the security check in SVO airport is VERY slow, and strict. Sometimes it may take 3-5 hours. Is that true?


Based on my personal experience, SVO is fast in terms of security control. It never took me more than 1 hour from the 1st control up to the gates. Sometimes it was just 30 minutes. Frankly speaking, I have a bad habit to come to the airport 3 hours before the take off and then I usually just have to sit and wait for to 2 hours or more after the controls. May be it could be a little slower on Saturday evening, but the situation surely not that bad as you have heard. Besides, airexpress is always in time. You will have to be very quick, that's for sure, but mission is not impossible!

2 часа назад, supphear сказал:


P.S. Is there any Left luggage service provided in SVO airport?

As for luggage service, yes, it exists. I've never used it, but I think It should be ok. http://www.svo.aero/en/luggage-left/d/ I would highly recommend you to use  it as I know our police in the stadiums: they will torture you to death by checking if you would come with suitcase.

3 часа назад, supphear сказал:

Thank you very much for willing to help us for some questions in Moscow. Really know little about it.

Feel free to ask )) 

3 часа назад, supphear сказал:

 

hi @Mastyaeva, 

Thank you very much for willing to help us for some questions in Moscow. Really know little about it.

 

 

Just read some repo that the security check in SVO airport is VERY slow, and strict. Sometimes it may take 3-5 hours. Is that true?


COR GALA shall end at 17:30 but my flight will take off at 20:15.   I have to give up the final group dance and try to catch up the Aeroexpress train at 17:30. 
Is that enough or I have to leave for the airport earlier? (I don't want to miss Hanyu's program!!!!) 
 
P.S. Is there any Left luggage service provided in SVO airport? Really don't want to watch Exhibition with my suitcase.

Thank you for kindly answering my questions.

 

Right now -  the summer vacation time. So too much passengers and less employees.  For SVO 2 hours is enough time for all checks. Idk about luggage service, provided in SVO, but know about luggage storage in Megasport. 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Hi! I will try to answer.


Based on my personal experience, SVO is fast in terms of security control. It never took me more than 1 hour from the 1st control up to the gates. Sometimes it was just 30 minutes. Frankly speaking, I have a bad habit to come to the airport 3 hours before the take off and then I usually just have to sit and wait for to 2 hours or more after the controls. May be it could be a little slower on Saturday evening, but the situation surely not that bad as you have heard. Besides, airexpress is always in time. You will have to be very quick, that's for sure, but mission is not impossible!

As for luggage service, yes, it exists. I've never used it, but I think It should be ok. http://www.svo.aero/en/luggage-left/d/ I would highly recommend you to use  it as I know our police in the stadiums: they will torture you to death by checking if you would come with suitcase.

Feel free to ask )) 

 

Thank you so much for detailed info. Just one more doubt. I assume you are a Russian, will SVO security be as same efficient to a foreigner as to a Russian?

After all we may be different.

45 minutes ago, kutien said:

 

Right now -  the summer vacation time. So too much passengers and less employees.  For SVO 2 hours is enough time for all checks. Idk about luggage service, provided in SVO, but know about luggage storage in Megasport. 

So there is such service provided in Megasport stadium? That will be nice, too.

I wonder Megasport will reply my request email. Thank you.

The security check at Sheremetyevo isn't that slow - took me all of 15 minutes in July. Perhaps, less. 

And October isn't that popular with tourists anyway. 

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

Do you have any experience with Vnukovo airport?

Yeah, it was eerily empty that one time I flew out from it. :) I mostly try to fly out of SVO - it's closer to my place. 

 

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

Good news, thanks :smile:

It was far from being empty when my friend had to use the airport, though - maybe I was just lucky to use it when it wasn't so popular. 

8 hours ago, supphear said:

COR GALA shall end at 17:30 but my flight will take off at 20:15.   I have to give up the final group dance and try to catch up the Aeroexpress train at 17:30. 
Is that enough or I have to leave for the airport earlier? (I don't want to miss Hanyu's program!!!!) 

17.30 aeroexpress is fine, you'll arrive at the airport 2 hours before the flight just as commonly advised. But final group dance is only 10-15 min max, plus 10 min, if Yuzu is not last to skate, that's 17.00-17.10 at best you leave Megasport, and 20 min is not enough to get to aeroexpress. You could take a risk and catch the next one leaving yourself half hour before the check-in is over, which is 40 min prior to flight. Also web check-in should make it easier with queues at the airport.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.