[2022] Grand Prix Final (Juniors and Seniors)

• 3 months later...

Just my thoughts/quick notes on the sp:

Shun: not his best day, 4lz fall, 4t2t.....and his A spin looked quite strange (i mean stranger then a A spin always looks) and the camel spin as well

Daniel: ehm, I think his zipper was open?...and another 4lz fall. Other jumps were ok (meaning no visible struggling other then him changing everything around and looking stiff)....just not my favorite short program. I like the music but I don't get into it.

Sota: Beautiful! Just beautiful. Nothing more to say.

Kao: the fall was really unfortunate, his speed is so crazy, like he will just fly over the board. Not his best, but still so nice to watch

Shoma: well done. I felt it and liked it. He had to play it safe in the combo with 4t2t instead of 3t.

Ilia: not his best. I see his potential, but he has to work on performance/presentation skills in my opinion. I hope he and his coaches don't go with a "oh well, he can jump all quads, its enough to make it work" attitude.

17 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol

Excellent commentary by Max!! (though it isn't the very young skater's fault imo, but adults around him and those in powerful positions in ISU and big feds....)

Junior Women is probably the best event here, even with pretty strict judging today (which I like very much) it was great. Well, Hana Yoshida had a fall and is in last place but honestly beside that, her program is so clearly superior... the best short program this season probably. Hope all six of this fantastic girls have great skates tomorrow!

Men... Not the best GPF obviously, but had its moments - I love Kao's programs this season so much, his speed is so crazy that I have heart attack during the whole program but makes it so much more enjoyable, unfortunate fall on the combo, but soooo much quality. And Sota ;____; it took few years until he recovered completely from this horrible injury, but now he can finally skate to some of his potential from junior years... Shoma was... well, Shoma, it's oddly satisfying that he scored 99.99 and not over 100 :laughing: not the best day for other three unfortunately, but I guess Malinin will still end up first or second...

50 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Excellent commentary by Max!! (though it isn't the very young skater's fault imo, but adults around him and those in powerful positions in ISU and big feds....)

I agree with Max. He's as salty as all of us about what has become of figure skating, especially men's. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:

Regarding Ilia, yes, he is still young. But he was the one who gave himself the name "quad god". And the ISU and their commentators and US media keep promoting him and calling him that name as if he really is the "quad god". A little bit of humility and willingness to work on the basics would be helpful. :dry:

I watched the GPF competitions today and I think that except for junior women, the general level was rather disappointing for a GPF. And the arena was so empty. I was at the GPF in Torino in 2019 and the difference is mind-blowing. I wonder why there are suddenly so few spectators at the GPs and even the GPF? What could possibly have changed since then? :think:

Well, the ISU did everything they could to force Yuzu out. Now he is thriving more than ever and filling big arenas and soon even a huge stadium all by himself. The ISU can now see how they fill their empty seats. :coffeebath:

Ok, watched junior ladies, pairs and men yesterday. 
Junior Ladies - missed Mone very much. As such, this was a very junior outing, with the exception of Hana Yoshida, who is last now. Mao is adorable, but still very young and juniorish. 
Pairs - happy about judges putting MK first. They were considerably cleaner and more cohesive. 
Men - that was a bit underwhelming, but happy about Sota having another clean SP. 

19 時間前, airiさんが言いました:

Junior Women is probably the best event here, even with pretty strict judging today (which I like very much) it was great. Well, Hana Yoshida had a fall and is in last place but honestly beside that, her program is so clearly superior... the best short program this season probably. Hope all six of this fantastic girls have great skates tomorrow!

Men... Not the best GPF obviously, but had its moments - I love Kao's programs this season so much, his speed is so crazy that I have heart attack during the whole program but makes it so much more enjoyable, unfortunate fall on the combo, but soooo much quality. And Sota ;____; it took few years until he recovered completely from this horrible injury, but now he can finally skate to some of his potential from junior years... Shoma was... well, Shoma, it's oddly satisfying that he scored 99.99 and not over 100 :laughing: not the best day for other three unfortunately, but I guess Malinin will still end up first or second...

Kao is nicknamed "Lamborghini" for his speed :shocked:

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/855499

I'm glad his spins have been improved.  They used to be awful. 

Yuma called Kao "potential monster" :laughing: