General Yuzuru Chat

The passing of a friend

It is with sadness that I share that our fellow Satellite @Muffinator passed away early yesterday morning (USA time) after a battle with an aggressive cancer.  She had mentioned this illness on her profile last year. Some of you may remember her as spearheading a letter campaign last year where she showed tremendous determination in advocating for fairness in FS judging. Those of you who were part of the campaign can vouch for her strong organizational skills, her logical approach and leadership.    Muffinator was a deeply introspective person, and we would often chat about really existential-level Yuzu things.  She was never afraid to speak her mind both on this forum and in private. Her views were interesting and unusual.

She was a devoted Fanyu and found so much joy in watching Yuzu's performances. Even during her illness she often remarked at how watching Yuzu's skating would take her away from the pain, even if it was for a short time. She was able to loose herself in his performances. Looking at Yuzu's photo books also served as a joyful distraction from her suffering. I know she was so grateful for Yuzu's comforting power.  She leaves behind her devoted husband and teenage boy. 

15 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

It is with sadness that I share that our fellow Satellite @Muffinator passed away early yesterday morning (USA time) after a battle with an aggressive cancer.  She had mentioned this illness on her profile last year. Some of you may remember her as spearheading a letter campaign last year where she showed tremendous determination in advocating for fairness in FS judging. Those of you who were part of the campaign can vouch for her strong organizational skills, her logical approach and leadership.    Muffinator was a deeply introspective person, and we would often chat about really existential-level Yuzu things.  She was never afraid to speak her mind both on this forum and in private. Her views were interesting and unusual.

She was a devoted Fanyu and found so much joy in watching Yuzu's performances. Even during her illness she often remarked at how watching Yuzu's skating would take her away from the pain, even if it was for a short time. She was able to loose herself in his performances. Looking at Yuzu's photo books also served as a joyful distraction from her suffering. I know she was so grateful for Yuzu's comforting power.  She leaves behind her devoted husband and teenage boy. 

I am so sorry, my deepest sympathy to her family, abd I am glad that Yuzuru gave her such happiness when she needed it.

34 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

RIP @Muffinator. 😢

1 hour ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

So glad Muffinator got comfort from watching Yuzuru skate, my sincere condolences to her family, rest in peace.

1 hour ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

So sad to read ... RIP and a lot of strength for her family.

2 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

I remember her mentioning both her illness and how much Yuzu helped her. So sad to hear that one of out Satellites lost her battle. Please give condolences to her family and friends.

The passing of a friend

:sad4:   I wish Muffinator's family my sincere condolences and much strength for the coming time.:grouphug:

The passing of a friend

My deepest condolences,, may you rest in peace, @Muffinator

3 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The death of a friend

It is with sadness that I share that our colleague Satellite@Muffinator died early yesterday morning (US time) after a battle with aggressive cancer. She had mentioned this disease on her profile last year. Some of you may remember her as the spearhead of a letter campaign last year where she showed extraordinary determination in advocating for fairness in the FS judgment. Those of you who participated in the campaign can attest to his strong organizational skills, logical approach and leadership. Muffinator was a deeply introspective person, and we often talked about really existential Yuzu things. She was never afraid to speak her mind on this forum and in private.His insights were interesting and unusual.

She was a devoted Fanyu and found so much joy in watching Yuzu's performances. Even during her illness, she often remarked how watching Yuzu's skating would keep her away from pain, even if it was for a short time. She was able to get lost in her performances. Looking at Yuzu's photo books has also been a joyous distraction from her suffering. I know she was so grateful for Yuzu's comforting power. She leaves behind her devoted husband and her teenager. 

I offer my deepest condolences to MUFFINATOR's family and Yuzu has brought him some peace and relief in his :flowers:suffering

The passing of a friend

So sad to hear this -- especially on the eve of GIFT! My deepest condolences to her family.  

The passing of a friend

RIP Muffinator

One of the things that Muffinator mentioned, that it was not only watching videos of Yuzu skating but also the fun times chatting with fellow satellites.The letter campaign had given her a great deal of focus and it had really felt as if we might be able to bring about a degree of accountability in the governing body for the competitive skaters of the future and have fairness brought back to the judging criteria for all competitors.

Being able to discuss Yuzu's skating with like minded people had been a source of real delight for her. We had hoped that she might have been able to apply for a wheelchair seat and attend Gift to see Yuzu perform live it would have been a dream come true. Sadly this was not to be. Mufinator understand very well that fairy tales do not always come true.

Nevertheless, although Muffinator has left us and we will miss her, equally, many of us will have been glad to have made friends with her here on PH. 

4 hours ago, tsubasanoyume said:

I don't know if I could ask here about it, but I couldn't find information. :weeping:

Hide contents

Can I use UnionPay card to buy Gift ticket on KKTIX? I tried to find this information on the website but there is nothing. :14066882:

I tried buying any of the listed events ticket and it shows the credit card accepted is JCB, VISA & Master. 

I check their FAQ. It mentioned Google Pay and Apple Pay but I don't see that option during my checkout. We'll just have to wait till 24 Feb. 

@ImmortalBeloved Thank you for letting us know.

RIP @Muffinator. I do remember her talking about her illness here. It's nice to know that she got so much strength and enjoyment from watching Yuzu and being a satellite. My sympathies to her family.

18 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's legendary Seimei performance in PyeongChang! Happy anniversary! :dancingpooh:

[NEWS]

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

Yuzu's performance is as spell-binding as ever. Yet now when I watch this, I can see how much he's raised the bar since then and improved even over this. 

16 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Ikr…..

I’m not really freaking out yet - not til I actually get the link and see it tbh - but if it does work for even a fraction of us it will be amazing.

15 hours ago, TallyT said:

The company seem to be experienced... I'm going to keep my Disney+ and try to make sure it works with VPN too, to keep my options open.

If it works as easily as the online concerts that I've watched, I'll be very happy.

5 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

Thank you for telling us this extremely sad news. I've been wondering lately how she was doing, after she went silent on this forum. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. I hope she has found peace.