General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

It is with sadness that I share that our fellow Satellite @Muffinator passed away early yesterday morning (USA time) after a battle with an aggressive cancer.  She had mentioned this illness on her profile last year. Some of you may remember her as spearheading a letter campaign last year where she showed tremendous determination in advocating for fairness in FS judging. Those of you who were part of the campaign can vouch for her strong organizational skills, her logical approach and leadership.    Muffinator was a deeply introspective person, and we would often chat about really existential-level Yuzu things.  She was never afraid to speak her mind both on this forum and in private. Her views were interesting and unusual.

She was a devoted Fanyu and found so much joy in watching Yuzu's performances. Even during her illness she often remarked at how watching Yuzu's skating would take her away from the pain, even if it was for a short time. She was able to loose herself in his performances. Looking at Yuzu's photo books also served as a joyful distraction from her suffering. I know she was so grateful for Yuzu's comforting power.  She leaves behind her devoted husband and teenage boy. 

Such sad news. She was an inspiration, a shining example of integrity and courage. She leaves a hole in the fanyu community. Above all  I wish peace and healing for her family.

9 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

It is with sadness that I share that our fellow Satellite @Muffinator passed away early yesterday morning (USA time) after a battle with an aggressive cancer.  She had mentioned this illness on her profile last year. Some of you may remember her as spearheading a letter campaign last year where she showed tremendous determination in advocating for fairness in FS judging. Those of you who were part of the campaign can vouch for her strong organizational skills, her logical approach and leadership.    Muffinator was a deeply introspective person, and we would often chat about really existential-level Yuzu things.  She was never afraid to speak her mind both on this forum and in private. Her views were interesting and unusual.

She was a devoted Fanyu and found so much joy in watching Yuzu's performances. Even during her illness she often remarked at how watching Yuzu's skating would take her away from the pain, even if it was for a short time. She was able to loose herself in his performances. Looking at Yuzu's photo books also served as a joyful distraction from her suffering. I know she was so grateful for Yuzu's comforting power.  She leaves behind her devoted husband and teenage boy. 

It was only yesterday that I was wondering about @Muffinator since I had not seen her on the Planet for a while and I had been aware of her illness. Then I saw the message from @ImmortalBeloved this morning. I am saddened to hear about her passing and extend my sincere condolences to her husband and daughter. It often seems to be the case that the good people are the ones who are taken away from us too early. I am glad that Yuzu provided her with joy, focus and a distraction from her pain. Now that she is free of her debilitating illness and pain, may she rest in peace and enjoy eternal happiness, including seeing GIFT from on high as well as watching her daughter grow into a woman and providing her with quiet guidance.

9 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

As it turned out later, it was her last summer when we exchanged messages about which logo to choose for the letter campaign. She was very practical, able to separate what was important, what was pushing things forward from all the noise, and at the same time to show her utmost commitment, her emotional engagement. And it was this ability of hers, this attention to detail, that was perhaps most moving. And her sincerity. 

I hope she's resting in peace where there is no pain, no fear. 

10 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

This is such sad news. May Muffinator rest in peace in a better place, free from fear, pain, and suffering. I'm glad Yuzu provided her with relief and comfort. I offer my deepest condolences to her loved ones and wish them strength and healing.

11 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

Oh dear, this is such sad news. RIP @Muffinator, deepest condolences to the family she left behind, may they be given strength during this trying time.

Rest easy, rest calmly :cry:

4 hours ago, YuzuXPooh_sion said:

Anyone here from Canada who got their mobile numbers KKTIX verified for Gift? I couldn't get the PIN to verify my number. I hope phone numbers are not needed to buy tickets and watch the live performance.. :weeping:

Did you enter your number in the correct format? I mean, did you select the Canadian area code in the field preceding the one for your mobile number?

13 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

I am sorry. :dontknow: You can try again in 24h, I hope it works for you this time.

I got that message, too, yesterday, and tried it again today. I was unsuccessful again. How can they find your number without the area code? For me I entered United States+1, then my phone number with area code. STILL didn't work. :( I'm tearing my hair out over this. 

15 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

The passing of a friend

I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember how enthusiastic she was when she joined the Planet and her efforts to push for fair scoring in FS. It's so sad that we lost her when we need more people like her who are so inspiring in their passion to push for change to make things better. I'm glad Yuzu's skating brought her some comfort during her illness.

It's a big loss for the fanyu community and we will miss her. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

7 hours ago, YuzuXPooh_sion said:

Anyone here from Canada who got their mobile numbers KKTIX verified for Gift? I couldn't get the PIN to verify my number. I hope phone numbers are not needed to buy tickets and watch the live performance.. :weeping:

1 hour ago, fenraven said:

I got that message, too, yesterday, and tried it again today. I was unsuccessful again. How can they find your number without the area code? For me I entered United States+1, then my phone number with area code. STILL didn't work. :( I'm tearing my hair out over this. 

I did the same and it didn't work for me either. I left a message with them, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I'm thinking we don't need the phone number to watch GIFT if they use the phone for lotteries and ticket delivery similar to the other ticketing sites. Hope that's true.