Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

[NEWS] another translation/summary of the free part of the interview to Mami Yamada:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

bb mushroom was both funny and frightening:68468287:  so restless and headstrong and fearless... I have no trouble believing he was a "handful" for parents and coaches alike, but I'm sure it paid off. And I love how Yuzuru has somehow kept in touch with all his past coaches, how he never forgets any of them and that he likes giving back collaborating with them e.g. for 24htv collabs:img_21:

Link to comment

 

Here I am again : I just stumbled upon this and which dates from yesterday 09/21 and it talks about Canada and the opening of the borders and Rika and, of course, Yuzu and his "return"? to TCC (well I write what I understood, sorry) and you will understand better than me and that he is alone in Japan and Japanese comments translated and also, it would appear? that there is an incident at the 2014 Olympics gala, between Yuzu and P Chan and that the anti-Yuzu  attacked him ..... : must see the video and read the "show more" 

 

 

 

Link to comment
On 9/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Henni147 said:

 

 

This is exactly what I hoped to hear :space:

 

Remember my post about the PCS scoring of Yuzu's programs? The last months I spent a lot of time on analyzing Yuzu's different programs, focusing on the compostion and especially the interpretation of the music which includes:

 

1. Music genre and vibe

2. Tempo

3. Timing and rhythm

4. Volume

5. Range and tone sequences

6. Keys and tonality

7. Chords and harmonies

8. Timbre and set of instruments

9. Use of vocals (optional)

10. Story or message behind the piece (optional)

 

In dancing, figure skating and any other sport that uses music, the aim must be to translate the music piece 1:1 into body movements in a way that with muted sound you as a viewer are still able to reconstruct the original piece from the movements. Just like you are able to reconstruct the sound of the piece from the symbols on the music sheet. That means especially: If the original piece gets exchanged by another one - no matter how thoughtful the choice is - there must be a certain degree of mismatch that feels awkward while watching. If not, the interpretation of the original music by the performer was not precise and characteristic enough.

 

In case of this edit I realized that the skating matches the overlay piece in most parts regarding tempo and change of volume, in some cases also the on/off-beats and translation of high and low notes (not all). However, especially the vibe and character of the performance, including mimics, hand gestures and further body language, were not in tune with the overlay music.

 

And I think, this is what makes Yuzu's skating so extra special. No matter how hard you try to exchange the music, he and the original piece are one, unseparably. You need to watch 5 seconds of his skating and you already hear the sound of the original music ringing in your ears.

 

The most perfect interpretation ever was probably 4CC Chopin, because he fully met all bullets from 1 to 8, even the keys and tonality which is insanely difficult to realize in dancing. If you rewatch the skate, you will see that he translated

- all tempo changes with precise accelerations

- the length of each music note by matching it with the duration/length of the skating stroke

- the dynamics in volume by changing the power and intensity of his strokes

- the highs and lows by moving his body up and down in tune with the melody

- every keystroke of the piano with an accentuated foot or hand movement.

It's truly insane what he did there. Even a 10.00 in interpretation wouldn't do that performance justice. Should be 15.00 or 20.00.

I enjoy your sharing of knowledge in music and dancing/figure skating to explain Yuzu’s insane musicality. As a layman, I feel and love that his movements are in sync with the various elements of the music. There’s this sense of harmony where everything fall in place in his programs.

Apologies (I know you put time and effort for the video) but my first impression when watching the video - I couldn’t finish it in one sitting (though it was only about 2mins) because the music sounded off/wrong. It took me some efforts to disassociate his skating with the original music. Only then was I able began to enjoy the video (especially the intense skating of Masquerade matching the dramatic music) though there are some small parts that seemed off. Thank you for I learn something here.

Link to comment
On 9/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, Henni147 said:

 

 

I share it here too, because I'd like to collect as many impressions as possible.

It can be absolutely anything that comes to your mind. Correct answers only.

I'm late to the party but I'll contribute shortly anyway. 

Now I'm not the type to strongly associate his skates with the music, meaning I know what he's skating to but it's hard for me to remember how the music goes at that point. However, I can feel what the music flow at the specific moment is supposed to be, ie. fierce or soft, fast or tender, etc. And this music does not fit any of the programs. 

For Hana, the movement suggest the music to be soft, close, intimate, so the overlay music still sounds to grand. 

For Masquerade, even as the skating's fierce and full of passion, I still feel a sort of languid expression. So the music again doesnt fit since it sounds more like a pressing forward to victory kinda vibe. 

For H&L, the movements are tender, flowing, fluid like water and light like wind, despite being fast, I don't feel that from the music, which sounds more upbeat. 

I don't know if I have any bias since I already know what the program music is supposed to be but those are my thoughts. 

Link to comment

Hi everyone 

 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnats+du+monde+de+patinage

 

@yuzuangel or any of our admins please feel free to move this post if there is a better thread for it. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Link to comment
17 hours ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

Apologies (I know you put time and effort for the video) but my first impression when watching the video - I couldn’t finish it in one sitting (though it was only about 2mins) because the music sounded off/wrong. It took me some efforts to disassociate his skating with the original music. Only then was I able began to enjoy the video (especially the intense skating of Masquerade matching the dramatic music) though there are some small parts that seemed off.

 

54 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Now I'm not the type to strongly associate his skates with the music, meaning I know what he's skating to but it's hard for me to remember how the music goes at that point. However, I can feel what the music flow at the specific moment is supposed to be, ie. fierce or soft, fast or tender, etc. And this music does not fit any of the programs. 

For Hana, the movement suggest the music to be soft, close, intimate, so the overlay music still sounds to grand. 

For Masquerade, even as the skating's fierce and full of passion, I still feel a sort of languid expression. So the music again doesnt fit since it sounds more like a pressing forward to victory kinda vibe. 

For H&L, the movements are tender, flowing, fluid like water and light like wind, despite being fast, I don't feel that from the music, which sounds more upbeat. 

I don't know if I have any bias since I already know what the program music is supposed to be but those are my thoughts.

 

 

With this video experiment I tried to test two things:

1. Do people feel the mismatch between Yuzu's skating and the overlay music?

2. If yes, do they have the courage to speak it out loud? :space:

 

I have seen many music overlays with Yuzu's programs on YouTube and other platforms already (some of them are done pretty well) and I read many feedbacks how perfectly that fits his skating or how great it would be if Yuzu skated to that piece in the future.

 

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

 

 

@YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth I must confess that the whole edit took me 10 minutes this time :laughing:

Usually I need about an hour for such clips like the 3A or Ina Bauer collection, but this one was a rather sloppy edit. On purpose.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

Yes, I feel that Yuzu's skating is so intricately interwoven with the music that any different music overlay will produce a certain level of dissonance if you pay attention, even if the energy and theme fit the original program. And that is what set him apart, in a league of his own. 

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi all 

 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnat+du+monde+de+patinage

 

@yuzuangel or one of our admins, feel free to move this post if there is a better thread. 

 

 

Of course, I went to see the link : but alas it's quite expensive and even taking a category 3/4 and in addition, the A and R train (and even with the prem's system 3 months in advance and low prices, which I use when I go to Paris) and more the simple hotel / to eat and have days in this period !? it would have been an opportunity to skate live and Yuzu who will surely be there : I would watch it on TV / youtube and with you .......  

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi everyone 

 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnats+du+monde+de+patinage

 

@yuzuangel or any of our admins please feel free to move this post if there is a better thread for it. 

Are they just selling whole competition tickets or day tickets, and not single event tickets? Thanks in advance!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...