General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Yuzuru commented through TV Asahi.

https://post.tv-asahi.co.jp/post-167168/

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e292e204c3d27e14b8ea468ea8f34f219cf5299c

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d6cce14d4d8800d1988bd1ba30cb37f228841610

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/c392a106d69667452fd7db77159c505637ebfe61

(Rough translation by me)

「できること、一つずつ。」One thing at a time as I can.

「自分の中ですごく大切にしている言葉のひとつで、自分が今まで出会ってきた言葉の中でも、凄く大切にしている言葉です。今まで『進化』とか『挑戦』とか言ってきましたが、毎日出来ることは違うし、苦しんだり、楽しかったり、幸せを感じたり、悲しみを感じたり、いろんな感情がありますが、できることを一つずつ丁寧に積み重ねていきたいと思っています。自分の一番の目標は4回転半を成功させたいということなので、そこに向かって今、全神経と、全気力を使ってる感じです。」

This is one of the words I have cherished myself, and one of the most important words I have ever encountered in my life. I have been talking about "evolution" and "challenge," but what I can do is different every day, and there are many emotions, such as suffering, joy, happiness, and sadness, but I want to carefully accumulate what I can do one by one. My main goal is to make 4A a success, so I'm using all of my nerves and energy to achieve it.

Yes, kitten boy, I know you will.💪

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

Yuzuru commented via TV Asahi.

https://post.tv-asahi.co.jp/post-167168/

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/e292e204c3d27e14b8ea468ea8f34f219cf5299c

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/d6cce14d4d8800d1988bd1ba30cb37f228841610

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/c392a106d69667452fd7db77159c505637ebfe61

(rough translation by me)

One thing at a time as I can.

?? ?? I want to succeed in four and a half revolutions, so I feel like I'm using all my nerves and all my energy toward that. "

It is one of the words that I cherish myself and one of the most important words that I have ever encountered in my life. I have talked about "evolution" and "challenge", but what I can do is different every day, and there are a lot of emotions, such as suffering, joy, happiness and sadness, but I want to carefully accumulate what I can do one by one. My main goal is to make 4A a success, so I'm using all of my nerves and energy to make it happen.

Hello : When I read the first Yahoo (after the TV Asahi) I noticed an error : it says the Beijing Olympics in 2010 !!!!!  :embSwan:

19 hours ago, Pammi said:

IMO Yuzu's ISU bio should have 2 tables or an extended table - I think it's really odd that the governing body of the sport hasn't the wherewithal to make sure that an athlete's complete competitive history is recorded - it's really shabby that Yuzu's record before 2014/15 season has disappeared - maybe this is why ISU keep inaccurately stating his Olympic achievements in any literature (ie only mentioning he is an Olympic champ, omitting the TWO TIME bit - if it's an administrator who isn't an FS fan and just checks the bio prior to writing any promotional literature, then they will make a mistake as his entire competition record is not there - imagine losing his first Oly gold just cos the table isnt big enough - ridiculous!) 

I couldnt see anything had changed either, but it's always great to see Hobbies: None, never fails to make me laugh!

I’m with you on this. The bio info should be complete for all athletes. The Competition-Season table has eight columns from seasons 14/15 to 21/22, which should be sufficient for all current competitive skaters except Yuzu. The columns can be easily resized to allow the addition of more columns to correctly reflect all his achievements in his senior career, including earlier seasons such as 13/14 (Olympic Gold) and other senior competitions. ISU, being the governing body of the sport, should take the lead by showing respect to their Most Valuable Skater.

Written in his bio, ’Hanyu is the first Japanese male skater to win Olympic gold and the first man since 1948 and 1952 Olympic Chammpion Dick Button (USA) to win back-to-back Olympic gold medals.’, ironically they provided full details of when American Dick Button won the Olympics yet it is not stated clearly that Yuzuru won Olympic gold in 2014 (Sochi) and 2018 (PyeongChang). I have no issue if this info is reflected in the table Competition-Season table but currently, season 13/14 is not even included in it.

I find it strange that only Yuzu’s American figure skating idol Johnny Weir was mentioned here but not his other idol, the legendary Russian Evgeni Plushenko. These two figure skaters that he looked up to since young tells us that he has always focus on artistry and technicality (and not only artistry, with Johnny Weir being indicated as his only idol). Why do I feel his bio is being used to promote American figure skaters?

Amazingly, there was no mention of Yuzu achieving Super Slam ie. winning all major competitions at both junior and senior level.

As for Shoma Uno, it seems redundant to have this info ‘Coach Stephane Lambiel is the 2006 Olympic silver medalist and the 2005 and 2006 World Champion.’ as part of his bio when this info will be available in Stephane’s own bio.

Biographies of skaters are maintained by ISU, so they have the responsibility to put out complete info and not selective ones. It only reflects their poor professionalism and biasness.

29 minutes ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

Amazingly, there was no mention of Yuzu achieving Super Slam ie. winning all major competitions at both junior and senior level.

That's because "Super Slam" isn't something officially acknowledged or awarded by the ISU, it's a sports journalism/fan term. It's still a huge big fantastic and amazing thing to have achieved. 

Lae also translated Yuzu's words. :grin:

I really like Yuzu's theme for the coming season. I can totally relate to that. It's something that I have to remind myself of too. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the things I want to do. It's like the road ahead seems to be too far and the mountains too insurmountable to climb. And then I end up not doing these things at all.

It's important to focus on the piece that is in front of you, take the next step and do the next thing you can do. As often, Yuzu is the grandmaster of life wisdom. :puddingpooh:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have full confidence that he will do it and in spectacular fashion. 

I leave it to the heavens whether he lands it. BUT - imagine the audience :eeking:(screaming allowed at NHK?) when he lands 4A, and then he continues to skate Ten to Chi to as if nothing happened :sipping:, because Nessie will just be part of the whole program... I mean, he is cool, isn't he? How super demanding that focus must be!

Yuzu... :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: This message really touched me... He has fought so much in his life and career, and overcome impossible fate and circumstance so many times, I am absolutely sure, he will achieve anything he sets his heart to... be it the 4A, or anything else. And when he reaches that top of the mountain, I hope with all my heart, the view from there is every bit as beautiful as he wished it to be :)

I love the term "maximize the Pooh content of their luggage". :LOL:

The dedication of Fanyus is absolutely amazing! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

If Yuzu participates in the Olympics (and I'm pretty sure that he will), he will without a doubt be the greatest star and most popular athlete. And if throwing gifts on the ice will be allowed (Please, skating gods! Please! Please!) then we might see the most epic Pooh thunderstorms ever. :dancingpooh:

This billboard was spotted in the exit area of the Haneda airport.

[NEWS]

13 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Life of a fanyu, episode 9283: You feel a huge surge of affection for a white wall. 

:cri:

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

White Wall-kun is practically a fanyu, they way it's solidly behind Yuzu supporting him in all he does...:love:

Oh yes, I can totally agree with that.

:devilYuzu:

Here is an overview of the white walls in this year :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].