General Yuzuru Chat

I am ambivalent about this season.  Obviously I’m dying to see him skate and want to see any 4A attempts - watching GPF practices practically gave me heart failure but it was worth it, and I don’t want to miss it.  On the other hand, Covid, etc etc . I have renewed my VPN just in case…..

On 10/9/2021 at 10:32 AM, Henni147 said:

A very kind soul translated this interview with Keiichi Yano, which was released in the February 2021 edition of the Number magazine.

Keiichi Yano is the music editor, who cut the tracks of Seimei and Ten to chi to amongst others. This interview is focussing on the development of TenChi and Yuzu's special requests to Yano regarding arrangement, use of instruments and other musical aspects:

[NEWS]

Went to a performance of Matthew Bourne’s new ballet ‘The Midnight Bell’ this week with a Q&A with the man himself afterwards.  He talked about the difference between choreography for a settled ballet score like Cinderella or Nutcracker compared with ones where they cut the music to suit the piece like this new one .  He was very clear on the need for movement to match the music and vice versa.  The feeling for music expressed here reminded me of what MB was saying.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Went to a performance of Matthew Bourne’s new ballet ‘The Midnight Bell’ this week with a Q&A with the man himself afterwards.  He talked about the difference between choreography for a settled ballet score like Cinderella or Nutcracker compared with ones where they cut the music to suit the piece like this new one .  He was very clear on the need for movement to match the music and vice versa.  The feeling for music expressed here reminded me of what MB was saying.

Matthew Bourne is brilliant! Your post gave me a crazy but exciting idea: I wonder what Yuzu could produce in partnership with a choreographer who works in the dance world rather than the FS world? The two languages are similar but different, so melding them might produce an entirely new art form. If an adventurous choreographer truly grasped Yuzu's abilities, I can only imagine that he or she would be thrilled to expand his or her range. Imagine working with a dancer/athlete who can glide and, in essence, fly? I'm not thinking such a collaboration would work in the competitive skating milieu, but in the next phase of Yuzu's career it could open up whole new, mind-blowing possibilities. 

:surprised_pikachu::hihi:

32 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Matthew Bourne is awesome! Your post gave me a crazy but exciting idea: I wonder what Yuzu could produce in partnership with a choreographer who works in the world of dance rather than that of FS? The two languages are similar but different, so their merger could produce a whole new art form. If an adventurous choreographer truly grasped Yuzu's abilities, I can only imagine he would be delighted to expand his lineup. Imagine working with a dancer / athlete capable of soaring and, in essence, flying?I don't think such a collaboration would work in the competitive skating world, but in the next phase of Yuzu's career, it could open up some mind-blowing whole new possibilities. 

: surprise_pikachu::Hello:

Ahhh, I said to myself that this name of M Bourne reminds me of a "something" and eureka, I found : it is he who did a  swan lake choreography with men and it is really brilliant and very innovative and unexpected and the result is TOP and it is clear that Yuzu and M Bourne to collaborate together in his post career, because Yuzu has EVERYTHING like those who dance this swan lake and the 1st part with the 4 swans is not danced like the one with ballet flats and no pointe and i think it's a classic and contemporary mix and they are a WOOOOO flexibility 

Amazing fine cookies baked by kurousagi aka lapinnoirkur using the Fuji flower costume from the 24TV performance of White Legend and Hana-ni-Nare.  In the message, the OP had just received the beautiful box of cookies from the black rabbit (kurousagi aka lapinnoirkur).    I wouldn't be able to eat them...

10 hours ago, Pammi said:

Max reminding the FS world of some of Yuzuru's GP stats

(probably to give some balance to what/who we will be hearing a lot of hype about this week...!) :smiley-talk005:

Which competitions will Yuzuru be competing in? I'm totally out of the loop this year since starting college.

New message from Yuzu and Tetsuko Kuroyanagi :happy:

Translation (Yuzu's part)

[NEWS]

hour ago, Glory said:

Which competitions will Yuzuru be competing in? I'm totally out of the loop this year since starting college.

For the GP series are planned the NHK Trophy (12-14 Nov) and Rostelecom Cup (26-28 Nov).:yes:

lae was much faster than me but let me share my translation as well:

"Hello, everyone. It's Yuzuru Hanyu.
I am currently working my hardest to prepare for NHK Trophy. At the moment, I have no idea what kind of challenge, what kind of sense of achievement, what kind of joy, what kind of hardship awaits me, but I am hoping to continue doing my best every single day. In order also to be able to show you what comes after the hard work, my... (Tries to find the words for a while) myself doing my best, (Laughs) for now, I will keep working my hardest. I will appreciate your continuous support, and please look forward to it!"

[NEWS]

With 楽しみにしててください (Please look forward to it) at the end, he may be putting pressure on himself, but it also gave me the feeling that he himself is looking forward to it and trusting in himself.
Best of luck, Yuzu! Stay healthy and make your dream come true!

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

lae was much faster than me but let me share my translation as well:

"Hello, everyone. It's Yuzuru Hanyu.
I am currently working my hardest to prepare for NHK Trophy. At the moment, I have no idea what kind of challenge, what kind of sense of achievement, what kind of joy, what kind of hardship awaits me, but I am hoping to continue doing my best every single day. In order also to be able to show you what comes after the hard work, my... (Tries to find the words for a while) myself doing my best, (Laughs) for now, I will keep working my hardest. I will appreciate your continuous support, and please look forward to it!"

With 楽しみにしててください (Please look forward to it) at the end, he may be putting pressure on himself, but it also gave me the feeling that he himself is looking forward to it and trusting in himself.
Best of luck, Yuzu! Stay healthy and make your dream come true!

Many thanks @sweetwater for your translation.:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Yuzu in the NHK news. He talks about 4A (Translation)

At the same time I have a better idea of what I need to aim for and what I must do, so I'm almost there." 

:smiley-angelic001:

The beginning was missing in the other video. You can see it here:heartpound:

[NEWS]

22 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  ALL the fanyus : I visited  the Palace of Versailles and the wall several times (OK more colorful than the one in white) but this one is too sober to match the Versailles style which is HYPER loaded with trimmings / curtains etc. is clarified after it was shot in Sendai and here are some interior photos of V ersaill es: 

Image result for King's Room Versailles     Image result for King's Room Versailles   Image result for King's Room Versailles  Image result for Salon De Mercure Versailles      

Eeeep, my bad 🙈, of course actual walls in Versailles are more ornate and opulent 😅😂😂🙈. At any rate the switch to a room in a Sendai hotel is nothing short of amusing 😂

On 10/21/2021 at 5:58 AM, yumeaki said:

App for remote travel. 

[NEWS]

I’ve seen this in action. I was working at a hotel in Saint Louis, Missouri and we hosted a conference for an ADA group. This was used for guidance for blind people. There is an app that allows one to call and ask for ‘eyes’. On the other side there are volunteers that answer the calls and guide people all over the place. It can be used on the phone as well. It was a great experience! 😊