General Yuzuru Chat

Grasshopper!Yuzu

Yuzhopper? Can someone make a manip pls???

But also, he might stick around for quite some time LoL. 

I feel sad for those who really want to hear the r word from him.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

MERCI tout d'abord pour tous vos écrits et j'en apprend tout les jours avec VOUS :peace2: , je viens de trouver un récapitulatif de la saison 20/21 ( bon en Japonais )   par rapport à ce que Yuzu a participé :peek: et dans les commentaires , il a accès au Wiki Anglais et il est bien plus complet que le Français :2thumbsup: et , bien sûr , que tout le monde reste en santé et se protègent avec ce COVID 

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

Grasshopper! Yuzu

Yuzu really is getting stronger and better with age. He keeps comparing himself to mature athletes like Kohei Uchimura and Keegan Messing – "so maybe I'm still a grasshopper". Skating is life to him – "I was born for my skate."

I don't think that Yuzu is going to be hanging up his competitive skates anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

I don't think that Yuzu is going to be hanging up his competitive skates anytime soon.

Will he maybe try for a fourth straight Olympic gold?  And after the 4A will he be the first to land a quint?  Really, for Yuzu the sky's the limit and even that might be too low for him.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, Fay said:

We wouldn’t have minded if it had perished, would we now? 

:hairflip:

On 5/25/2021 at 4:29 PM, BrightonDogwoods said:

Actually, in the past, he has Not taken a new SP to the Olympics!

2014 Olys was Parisienne Walkway's 2nd season and at 2018 Olys it was Chopin's THIRD season!

I honestly feel pretty sure he is keeping LMEY for next year, if only because it never had an outing with a proper audience.

:10742290:

I have to agree. Think about how long it takes Yuzu to perfect a program. No way is he going to debut a 100% raw, green, still-has-that-new-car-smell program in an Olympic season. Not unless something goes really wrong. 

On 5/25/2021 at 10:06 PM, yuzuangel said:

I think Yuzu will go back to piano music for the Olympics. If he's gonna repeat.....maybe Otonal? :think: I highly doubt it (but then again I didn't expect him to repeat Chopin either, not even one bit). I think he knows he gets scored better with piano music. Even Otonal broke a bunch of records when not-completely-clean. Maybe he'll have a new SP for the Olympics for the first time ;) 

I think he's taken Otonal as far as it can go, and I don't think it's got enough BV to win the Olympics with. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, lajoitko said:

This is funny, from DOI 2014 

So is Data Masamune the only historical figure Yuzu likes that he hasn't portrayed? 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, Henni147 said:

2. I had the impression that LMEY received universal praise from many commentators, experts and fans. Some even said, Stockholm LMEY was the best SP he has ever skated in his life, that it was super entertaining and a completely new refreshing side of him (yes those comments were a successful PW and LGC ereasue, but hey - not a criticism at least).

I'm confident that whatever music Yuzu picks for the Olympics, it will definitely not depend on the public's opinion. For him it's always been the main drive to pick a music piece that fits his style, that means something to him and he himself feels happy and comfortable with. I don't think that this attitude will change.

Footnote: I don't think that his scores will go up, if he picks a piano piece again. They have gone downhill continuously since Barcelona 2015. About 0.5 less from season to season and he had a good mix of upbeat, drama, piano and Japanese music. They just try to justify the shit they throw at him, but it has nothing to do with the music really.

Agree on all fronts.

19 hours ago, Melodie said:

Grasshopper!Yuzu

I hope Keegan sees this...you just know he'll tease Yuzu about it and call him 'young grasshopper' just for the laugh.  Also, funny how no one ever says that Keegan is 'getting old' or asks if he's going to retire - even though the man has a wife now,  and a baby on the way

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think he's taken Otonal as far as it can go, and I don't think it's got enough BV to win the Olympics with. 

So is Data Masamune the only historical figure Yuzu likes that he hasn't portrayed? 

Date Masamune for SP, Uesugi Kenshin for FP, go! 

(Contrast musically of course, and completely unique thematically, completely rooted in his own culture, and a hundred percent will draw snikes from the usual loud mouths, but let them get mad LOL)

Also, I think he can try the two-part structure: The SP and FP come together to tell a complete story. Most notable examples are D10's 2012/13 programs and Mao Asada's last set of competitive programs.

4 hours ago, Melodie said:

Also, I think he can try the two-part structure: The SP and FP come together to tell a complete story. Most notable examples are D10's 2012/13 programs and Mao Asada's last set of competitive programs.

Yeah, but none of the examples too successful, quite the opposite, if my memory doesnt fail me. Sorry to rain on your parade, Melodie, you`re right, it`s an elegant concept, but never proved to benefit the performers.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

:hairflip:

Date Masamune was a powerful daimyo in the Tohoku region during and after the Sengoku Jidai (The Period of Warring States). He founded the modern-day city of Sendai. He was a legendary warrior, leader and an outstanding tactician. He was fiercely independent and won the respect of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the then supreme daimyo of Japan. He became a lifelong friend of the ultimate ruler of Japan, Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. Plagued with smallpox as a child, he had one protruding eye which he had removed. He became all the more iconic for his missing eye and was often called the "One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu". He figures prominently in the Netflix documentary "Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan".

Yuzu played his descendent, daimyo Date Shigemura, in the film "Tono, Risoku De Gozaru" (translation: "Lord, The Interest If You Please") or "The Magnificent Nine" (English name for the film).

On 5/26/2021 at 2:42 AM, Mary_kyo said:

To be very very honest, I have a bit of conflicting feelings about DOI.

Well, SOI ended well both for skaters and the audience (based on infection figures) and Hachinohe locals were specifically grateful at the end. I have recently seen the story of a japanese girl with chronic illness who endured fighting for a year merely with the hope of seeing him in SOI (as she had a ticket). I don’t know, maybe he affects people’s lives more than I guessed.

Anyway, I just hope this one also goes well and everyone (including Yuzu himself) leaves healthy with happy heart. I have to confess that I miss his skating a lot. Apologies for the rambling 

There was also this story about a 98-year-old woman whose family took her to see Yuzu at SOI. Of course there was risk, esp. for an elderly person, but it was most likely her last chance to see him, so he does have that kind of impact on people's lives.

Once again, I will :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001: that everything will go smoothly, and that Yuzu and everyone will stay safe and healthy and leave DOI with happy memories.

4 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Yeah, but none of the examples too successful, quite the opposite, if my memory doesnt fail me. Sorry to rain on your parade, Melodie, you`re right, it`s an elegant concept, but never proved to benefit the performers.

I don't think so? Denis' were a fan's favorite back then. I too thought they were absolutely brilliant. They would have gotten him a gold medal at WC 2013 had it not been for Chanflation. 

Mao's programs were super interesting, I have heard rave reviews about them. The thing is Mao was already at the end of her career, she did not receive any scoring favor anywhere (sounds familiar?), and she could not physically keep up with the race anymore. That doesn't take away the sheer brillance that was her pair of Ritual Firedance. 

Again, it is just one of the many cool things he can do. I hate to say cliche things but the sky is the limit for Yuzu.