General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Ok Satellites, New topic of conversation: ”shake your ass” in LMEY

It is a travesty. A shame even that Yuzu is not aware of how to properly shake his ass. I thought I may have been wrong but I just revisited some old programmes to see if there was any real, actual Ass Shakage

• PW could have been a chance to thoroughly shake it but it is obvious Yuzu was way too young to have any kind of experience in that area. The nice feels in PW were just play acting. (Lordy though, if Yuzu did a 2021 version of PW and loaded on the charm (real or imagined) I think I would die!)
  • LGC is the next most obvious example of the potential to shake the appropriate bodily area. Whilst there was a definite maturity from PW TO LGC I think the focus here was more on the boy’s fun of air guitar than making girls go crazy 

So that brings us back to LMEY (Because I just cannot see any potential in a Samurai shaking his ass on the battlefield ... unless he was stuck quite pointily with a Katana).

What are we Fanyus going to do about this?  Don’t we have a real obligation to point out to our Ice Prince that there is a need for Ganbatte in LMEY? Surely he cannot complete Nessie and retire without leaving this issue unresolved? If so, how do we suggest a way to gain said ass shaking skills? It’s no good to say “fix your lack of ass shakage” but not provide suggestions on how to train for this.

So, what say you? ;)

EDIT; I have just seen a hip roll with fingers through the hair action in Vertigo. I think this could be the savior of LMEY.  If Yuzu could re-watch Vertigo and get the hip roll we might be cooking with gas. 

Yes, Yuzu has a nice ass and I was expecting great things with the lyrics "shake your ass", but I was sorely disappointed with his rather underwhelming tentative ass jiggle when he debuted LMEY at JNats. There was no improvement in the ass shaking department at Worlds. I don’t expect to see anything different at WTT.

2019 PW at SCI in Kelowna was a lot more mature than Sochi PW and smoking hot, particularly if you were lucky enough to see it in the arena, but there really is no chance for ass shaking in that program.

LGC is similar in that there is no ass shaking segment and that's probably a good thing because in those purple pants of sin, his ass didn't need any shaking. If he had shaken his ass in those pants, God only knows what kind of mayhem he would have caused.

As for Yuzu hip rolling in 2015 FaOI Makuhari Vertigo, I was frankly disappointed when I watched it back then because he didn't seem to have his heart in it. He seemed very self-conscious.

I was not able to find it, but there was or is a video of Yuzu performing Vertigo in a blue team versus red team contest when he was 15 or 16 and he was much more animated, enthusiastic and natural in his unabashed smiling sex appealing to judges in his hip roll.

Other rock type programs which lacked ass shaking were Change and Hello I Love You.

But, as @Figure_Frenzy has pointed out, perhaps the step sequence is preventing Yuzu from really moving his ass. We really need to have Jeff Buttle re-examine that part of the program so that Yuzu is able to fully take advantage of his assets.

LGC doesn't have a "shake" but it does have a very effective "wiggle" (see "at least you got friends") which could suffice if he did something similar in LMEY. Strawberry also has something very cute at 4:36 which can't be called either because it's a byproduct of foot movements, but is maybe a "shimmy", or a "swivel." :D 

7 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

That's actual slander and i won't stand for it! He's got a perfectly acceptable (some would even say exquisite *cough cough*) behind :dancingpooh:

I would link photos but i think that might be against forum rules......... Just know that my booty + thigh folder runs deep lol 

haha LOL. Oh yeah!

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, Yuzu and Plushenko are those "rare kinds", who refused to retire after winning the Olympics. That connects :laughing:

By the way, I figured out a possibility, how Yuzu could maximize the BV of TenChi with the absolute bare minimum of changes AND stick to his beloved edge jumps AND have a trivial back-up in case of stamina issues AND rewrite figure skating history twice, if everything works out.

Reveal hidden contents

4Lo

4S ---------------------> 4A

3A+2T

3Lo

x 4T+3T

x 4T+1Eu+3S ----------> if he feels fit enough, throw in a 4T+1Eu+4S     (if not, simply leave the 3S)

x 3A

With that layout the only required choreographic change would be the entry/setup to the 4A. Everything else could stay exactly as it is now. This is an enormous advantage in terms of practice and preparation.

If he managed to bring the 4T+1Eu+4S, he would become the first skater to land a 4-4 combo in history and his base value would be almost the same as Nathan's at Worlds (just 0.46 points difference). This is incredible, considering that there is still a 2T and absolutely no Lutz or Flip in it.

We know from 2017 that Yuzu is capable of jumping a 2S+1Eu+4S. So that sort of upgrade is not a mad dream, but a serious option, I think.

And I thought quad-quad combinations had no base value in the current system... In fact it's only in the short program. In the free, a combo can indeed be quad-quad (p.19). He would also get a new record for one jump pass base value.

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/sandp-handbooks-faq/24781-tphb-single-skating-2020-21-final/file

I tend to think only him can do this because only him among Men can jump a quad, particularly a quad Salchow, "out of nowhere", isn't it?

You know what? I don't know if he can skate to this layout, but I'm sure he's thought of it.

By the way, searching ISU guidelines made me find a new communication about remote judging but I will post it in General Skating Chat.

1 minute ago, hananistellata said:

I didn't log into the planet for just one day and I missed the booty shake debate, aw man. :')

Nah. It's still going! Add to it. Keep it up. I'm lurking, because I can be a bit...dirty at times (especially with wine 👀)and want to pre-emptively censor myself 😂.

His booty "shake" in LMEY was a tease. But it was a cute shimmy. 🙈

11 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Oooooo okay okay.

So from what we've seen from LMEY so far I can agree on the fact that the steps aren't appropriate for booty shaking and mind you the art form of booty shaking is hard on it's own, especially when your tush is mostly muscle.

So basically what Yuzu needs to do is to break it down in the middle of the rink, twerk for a few seconds and proceed skating as if nothing happened. King sh... 

Hide contents

I genuinely feel embarrassed right now, picturing this was something else. :tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg: 

😂😂😂 the image that invokes has me cracking up. Since he clearly doesnt seem to get how to shake it, twerking may be another level for him 🤦😂

Everyone has been talking about LMEY's 3A, but I'd like to mention another detail: The changes to the choreo. I bet they were based on how Yuzu felt at the time and not deliberately altered in advance. IMO they really showcase his unique musicality.

Case in point, for the spread eagle after the 3A, in practice, he looked up to the short end of the rink, similar to at Nats (with attitude and energy, which I absolutely adore). In the official comp, he turned to face the judges sharply, still bursting with attitude and energy, like a true rock star :coolio:

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I am low-key proud that my tweets were the trigger to this :xD:

Keep doing you, Henni! Your stats posts are always informative and easy to understand, while at the same time pointing out how mind-blowingly awesome Yuzu is. Even other skaters are proud to be on your list!

crying because the moving topic for the last  few pages is actually  about if yuzu has marvelous a** shake jflkfjaskl :roll::embSwan:

I personally never really pay that much attention to it and feel indifferent about it.. but maybe I'm among the minorities here :lol:

In the other topic, good for his another award from his uni!!

And in the topic of SOI, that's how scary media play could be (or wtv you call it) and some might just  fall victims to it.. I hope it can be resolved well but the most important thing is that I just want Yuzu to come out of it unscathed.. physically and mentally. We all need to be careful and filter wisely to what's going on in social media these days..

On 4/2/2021 at 4:02 PM, Faithyu said:

Okay guys, I need a little help whether I got everything important, because I could only read sporadically after the world championship:

WTT - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
SOI - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
Media - better not read, you only get annoyed by it:meditationf:

Was there anything else important, did I miss something? Please let me know, thanks :)

Someone made a great Yuzu edit using Hope World:

On 4/2/2021 at 9:43 PM, Lynn487 said:

Hi ya'll. I don't know why I'm typing this here since online forums usually make me nervous but I don't know... I've been really sad the past couple of days. fs twitter has drained me and there's just been so much negativity thrown towards Yuzuru and fanyus. It's all just been so draining. I guess it's cause I'm still semi-new to everything. Again, I'm not sure why I'm typing this here- feel free to delete this if it's too negative, but I just needed to let this out somewhere I guess. If anyone has some positive news or cute pictures, I could really use it right now. 

Twitter is a toxic waste fire at almost all times. For some reason verbal barbarity is always the order of the day there. You're not the only one who finds it draining.