General Yuzuru Chat

Happy Easter everyone! :dancingpooh::balloons-smiley:

6 hours ago, Kizuna said:

Keep doing you, Henni! Your stats posts are always informative and easy to understand, while at the same time pointing out how mind-blowingly awesome Yuzu is. Even other skaters are proud to be on your list!

Thank you very much! I will try my best in the future, too :softYuzu:

For me it is important to compile and present stats in a way that they are not just bare numbers, but a vivid memento of history. Something that makes you emotional and is worth to remember.

In fact, when I created this table with Yuzu's 3A GOE, I did not think about unfair scoring. I thought about Yuzu, who was not satisfied with just landing a triple Axel, but tried to improve and upgrade it from season to season. Make it bigger and bigger, challenge harder and harder entries, make it look lighter and smoother with every attempt and unleash every hidden trick and power of this incredible jump.

Every single positive GOE that I fed in the table felt like: "YES!! He did it again!! Wow, he just can't do wrong!!" It was a wonderful ride and when I added the last one from Worlds SP, I thought: "OMG 50!!!! Ok, let's pop the corks!! This is insane!! Congrats, Yuzu!!" :dancingpooh::studsmatta::rock::loveshower:

17 hours ago, JanMary said:

But quite unlikely you know, he said 4A will be the first jump and it is not likely to have a stable 4-1-4, in second half of the program... But we can dream if he has done everything he wants (i.e. a beautiful 4A), maybe choose a competition and give 4-1-4 a try!

If I think back of Origin in Torino, I expected that the 4Lz would be his opening jump. However, he chose to keep the 4Lo first, do the 4Lz as his second jump and backload the 4S instead. This is pretty much what I did here, too. So, it's not THAT unlikely to happen actually.

The issue with the 4Lo is: I feel that the entry pattern and rhythm of this jump is very tricky and only fits two places in the choreo of TenChi: the opening and the current place of the 3Lo, but that would be extremely hard for such a difficult quad, given the very short entry. So he either has to sacrifice the 4Lo for the 4A at the beginning or leave it where it is and put the 4A second.

This is a really long but well-written thread. I will paste all the tweets under this thread here, but please read them on twitter if you can. It is worth it. 

There have been discussions about Heaven & Earth and Seimei being alike (because all Asian music are the same, apparently). While they might be spiritual kins, in many ways I think of them as polar opposites. 

For one, the tonality. Where Seimei is dramatic and charged with tension that builds to a big finish, H&E is introspective and self-searching, a ride into battle with no easy answer. If Seimei is depicted in the program as a confident hero, Kenshin in H&E is a weary general. It's somewhat reflected in the way he moves. Seimei is all about snapping into motion, limbs moving in precise arc and right on beat. On H&E, his arm movement is soft and water-like, while the feet move in circles. Like a pondering or delirious mind in a foggy battlefield. Where Seimei is sharp, punctuated movements, H&E is like a walk through a spiralling path, a dance with the wind. Even outside of the stsq, little touches like how he uses his arms continue. This part, especially right after the 3A.

The way it begins and ends also feels like opposites. Seimei starts with suspenseful quiet while H & E kicks off with a charge into battle rightaway, that grand cinematic orchestra that conjures to mind galloping horses and opposing forces, accelerating right into the 4lo. And in the end, it reverses. Seimei as a story is somewhat attached to the idea of good and evil ("the light that banishes the darkness", as SLB says) and builds like a victory lap toward the end. In this aspect at least, it is the more 'traditional' hero / warrior FS program. In H&E, good and evil seem irrelevant, and the greater battle is waged against questions that visit in the dark - how long should one fight? what is the point? this is where (imo) the program does something unusual, rising to the highest upswell of the music, and then leaving us on that haunting note, the final plucks of the stringed instrument (a biwa, I think?). It deliberately denies a triumphant resolution. It fits with what Yuzuru suggested that the program is less about victories or losses as it is about the cost of battle. It leaves you in that tension like a snap of a finger that ends a dream abruptly. Given that a lot of programs are designed to ramp up the hype toward the end, it feels like a distinct choice. What is the point of a hero's journey, if not victory? It's for him to answer. 

Personally, I agree with what they said. I also feel that H&E is so much more difficult to interpret than Seimei. I honestly don't think younger Yuzu would have been able to pull off H&E in the way that the present Yuzu can. No matter what, I sincerely believe that "Yuzuru Hanyu today is better than Yuzuru Hanyu of PC Seimei and World's Hope and Legacy." It is so exciting and inspiring to see an athlete of his caliber still striving forward and making improvement. 

@Yuzurella: I didn’t see your post. Turns out we both posted the same things LOL, but I agree with you it is such a nice thread :) 

5 hours ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Hmmm. I would be too self~conscious to demonstrate booty waggling (Because I have never done it before and I would look like an idiot)....(oh, hello! That is probably what Yuzu says when he skates to LMEY)

but maybe I can get on board with this suggestion of getting Yuzu to hear our screams....

I am now ruminating on this thought. 

I can easily demonstrate booty-wiggling, but, unlike with Yuzu, ain't nobody on the Internet want to see that! :grimacing:

5 hours ago, shanshani said:

admittedly I find it funny how, as uninhibited a performer as he is in pretty much every other respect, this is something he seems a bit shy about. sorry for laughing, Yuzu, but it's cute

I mean I would have the exact same inhibitions and then some

Hide contents

also, Yuzu's butt totally saved us from further depressing discussion about toxic people in the FS-sphere. what a hero

His backside surely deserves a medal all its own

5 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Oh, so i see booty appreciation does not go against the rules? Your google search is much more sophisticated then my own, but i suppose we shall share the wealth, hmmmm (kind of hilarious that his name doesn't even have to be in the 'purple pants of sin' search and it's still only him lol) 

https://www.google.com/search?q=yuzuru+hanyu+ass&sxsrf=ALeKk02KkyYV0_-874GMeamw08fDzYKiYw:1617526857693&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjGvJGOneTvAhVjkosKHfLPDRIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25 

Fun fact: Yuzu's booty has an entire instagram account dedicated to it, as i found out today lol: https://www.instagram.com/yuzuspeach/ 

I think you've identified the problem here, though it would still be appreciated if he could throw himself into the booty wiggle with a bit more abandon (even if his ass lacks the requiered meaty-ness to actually wiggle v-v ). 

Hide contents

Though it's round, and perfectly perky, it does look rock hard lmao 

Thread #56: Missing the Big Kolyada - Page 12 - Yuzuru Hanyu and Other  Figure Skating Talk

Pin on YuzuVier

Pin on Yuzuru Hanyu

Ghislain is giving the camera the staredown in that middle picture like he knows what we're all thinking, LOL! 

How dare you all have a conversation about Yuzu’s ass shaking without me?

Alas, I think it’s basically impossible for him to shake it any more without changing the choreography. He’s on a straight line and two feet, any more shaking than he already does is going to end in either a slalom or a fall. I agree with whoever it was that said that the clear answer is to be at a standstill, although a twerk and a shake are completely different. From an artistic (sure, let’s call it that) perspective, I think a good shake at standstill would fit the music perfectly.

As someone who was in the room for SCI ‘19 PW... I think I can safely say that if Yuzu actually does learn how to shake his ass, we’re all dead.

Sometimes I think the reason why Yuzu doesn't tease us (y'know, with booty shaking or anything similar to it) is because he is aware of the power he holds, and while he'd delight on the thought of Fanyus fainting as far as the eye can see from his tease,  he needs all of us conscious (and alive) to witness his skating the most.

He cannot accidentally cause the death of his own fans :embSwan: (he needs us alive to witness his greatness to the end of time!:hihi:). 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

This is a really long but well-written thread. I will paste all the tweets under this thread here, but please read them on twitter if you can. It is worth it. 

There have been discussions about Heaven & Earth and Seimei being alike (because all Asian music are the same, apparently). While they might be spiritual kins, in many ways I think of them as polar opposites. 

For one, the tonality. Where Seimei is dramatic and charged with tension that builds to a big finish, H&E is introspective and self-searching, a ride into battle with no easy answer. If Seimei is depicted in the program as a confident hero, Kenshin in H&E is a weary general. It's somewhat reflected in the way he moves. Seimei is all about snapping into motion, limbs moving in precise arc and right on beat. On H&E, his arm movement is soft and water-like, while the feet move in circles. Like a pondering or delirious mind in a foggy battlefield. Where Seimei is sharp, punctuated movements, H&E is like a walk through a spiralling path, a dance with the wind. Even outside of the stsq, little touches like how he uses his arms continue. This part, especially right after the 3A.

The way it begins and ends also feels like opposites. Seimei starts with suspenseful quiet while H & E kicks off with a charge into battle rightaway, that grand cinematic orchestra that conjures to mind galloping horses and opposing forces, accelerating right into the 4lo. And in the end, it reverses. Seimei as a story is somewhat attached to the idea of good and evil ("the light that banishes the darkness", as SLB says) and builds like a victory lap toward the end. In this aspect at least, it is the more 'traditional' hero / warrior FS program. In H&E, good and evil seem irrelevant, and the greater battle is waged against questions that visit in the dark - how long should one fight? what is the point? this is where (imo) the program does something unusual, rising to the highest upswell of the music, and then leaving us on that haunting note, the final plucks of the stringed instrument (a biwa, I think?). It deliberately denies a triumphant resolution. It fits with what Yuzuru suggested that the program is less about victories or losses as it is about the cost of battle. It leaves you in that tension like a snap of a finger that ends a dream abruptly. Given that a lot of programs are designed to ramp up the hype toward the end, it feels like a distinct choice. What is the point of a hero's journey, if not victory? It's for him to answer. 

Personally, I agree with what they said. I also feel that H&E is so much more difficult to interpret than Seimei. I honestly don't think younger Yuzu would have been able to pull off H&E in the way that the present Yuzu can. No matter what, I sincerely believe that "Yuzuru Hanyu today is better than Yuzuru Hanyu of PC Seimei and World's Hope and Legacy." It is so exciting and inspiring to see an athlete of his caliber still striving forward and making improvement. 

This was a great thread, thanks for sharing it. When I saw H&E for the first time I was struck by how unique it was, both the music and the unconventional 'journey' of the program. And I also thought to myself "oh boy, a lot of white people are not even going to try to understand this, they'll just say it's too Japanese and boring." Lo and behold..... :hachimaki: 

13 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Gonna put this in "spoiler" form because I don't want to ruin the good mood the topic seems to be in right now but it's about the whole SOI and IMG situation and I think it's quite important for everyone to read.

Reveal hidden contents

I recommend reading the replies as well. If you've noticed the past couple of days then you propably realized how they are in fact coming at us Fanyus from literally every direction while also trying to make Yuzuru look bad for being in the participation list for SOI. Scarily enough I've seen a few Fanyus on Twitter saying how "disappointed" they are to see him on the list. A couple of other people made threads explaining the situation but I still don't know if the problem is fully resolved.

The point is, be extra careful because it seems that now we have become the targets as well. As usual don't engage with the media and avoid giving them attention, clicks, interactions etc, don't fully trust articles and most importantly avoid getting into drama with other Fanyus, this is what they want us to do, to turn against eachother and eventually Yuzuru.

(put in spoilers to preserve the current jolly mood in this thread)

Spoiler

To this point I'd still like to think that this decision (by IMG Japan, I presume?) was made independently from the main "office" of IMG North America, but with how all it plays out it's really hard to not feel conspiratorial looking at it :knc_brian3: