General Yuzuru Chat

On 12/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, Veveco said:

Look who made the cover of the ISU calendar. (I'm not giving them my money but it's a very nice shot of Swanyu!)

(And no, the ISU isn't very subtle when it comes to money)

[News]

I think it really significant, and not because of ISU's money problems, which even in non-pandemic times are usually pretty messy, but anyways I think it significant that it's Yuzu here and not Nathan.  When it comes to matching the living legend up against the currently successful youthful upstart quality wins out.

When and how to watch the Japanese Nationals.

These holidays will certainly be exciting ones. :studsmatta:

Somehow I'm still a little bit in disbelief that we'll really soon get to see Yuzu skate again. It's been so long and I had thought that we might not see him skate at all this season.

All I want is for Yuzu to enjoy the competition, have two great performances that he is satisfied with and - most importantly - for him to stay safe and healthy!!! :dancingpooh:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I have just read this on Twitter :think:

Google Translate

Mr. Hasegawa on the radio
Yuzu's part around 9 minutes and 20 seconds:

"I have entered All Japan, but the corona is actually getting tougher now, so I'm still not sure if I will participate in the situation."

When he feels insecure, it is maye better for him, not to compete. Health always comes first. But we will see... I support every decision he makes :smiley-angelic001:

19 minutes ago, Anni said:

Google Translate

When he feels insecure, it is maye better for him, not to compete. Health always comes first. But we will see... I support every decision he makes :smiley-angelic001:

OMG

this makes me anxious...that he's worried

just...withdraw T_T

48 minutes ago, Anni said:

Google Translate

The Google Translation is incorrect - Machine Learning doesn't know how to handle Japanese sentences which often skip the subject altogether and the correct subject has to be gleaned from the context.   It is clear from this  context that Yuzu did not say those words: they are the words of Mr. Hasegawa speculating about the situation.   A more accurate translation would be: "While he (Yuzu) has officially entered the JNats,  with the worsening Covid situation we don't know whether he would choose to compete."    

This post has been tagged by robin as [NEWS].
24 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

The Google Translation is incorrect - Machine Learning doesn't know how to handle Japanese sentences which often skip the subject altogether and the correct subject has to be gleaned from the context.   It is clear from this  context that Yuzu did not say those words: they are the words of Mr. Hasegawa speculating about the situation.   A more accurate translation would be: "While he (Yuzu) has officially entered the JNats,  with the worsening Covid situation we don't know whether he would choose to compete."    

Hooray for an actual Japanese reader seeing that tweet and giving us better news.  I do hope he competes but also want him to not worry.

26 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

The Google Translation is incorrect - Machine Learning doesn't know how to handle Japanese sentences which often skip the subject altogether and the correct subject has to be gleaned from the context. It is clear from this context that Yuzu did not say those words: they are the words of Mr. Hasegawa speculating about the situation. A more accurate translation would be: "While he (Yuzu) has officially entered the JNats, with the worsening Covid situation we don't know whether he would choose to compete."    

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Thank you very much for the correction.:happy: :clapclap4:

Sorry for my wrong information :huh: