Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

all of the above is with the caveat that there be no live audiences permitted, only TV coverage/streaming. If any of the countries decide to allow live audiences, I personally would think it very reasonable if skaters refused to participate in those events. 

Unless they protect the skaters from a contamination from the audience, by setting boards on the ceiling over the rink boards, because if they set such boards, the air from the stands would keep a convection on and over the stands, and the air from the rink would have its own circulation over the rink, with very little exchange.

Otherwise I think you're right : the air from the audience goes up along the stands, then along the ceiling towards over the centre of the rink, then to the centre of the rink, this while I believe skaters are made particularly vulnerable to contamination because 1) they get exhausted, 2) they breathe very deep. Too dangerous.

5 hours ago, Kestrelz said:

What kind of disc is that? Sounds like an interesting device!

@Kestrelz Sorry, someone beat me to it :), but I add this anyway: 

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

But aren't the videos on MEGA? I checked the links from PC and could open all five episodes, although it took a while to load some of them.

I know why the link didn't work for me. I was clicking on the links left on someone's quoting the old post where the links lead to the unavailable google drive. I've flicked through the pages and found the updated post with MEGA link and they've worked!

Thank you:thanks:

*throws chair* C-chan, it's August already! WHERE IS MY Q&A?!:tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

6 hours ago, Kestrelz said:

What kind of disc is that? Sounds like an interesting device!

Plushenko has Sasha training on one - 

On 8/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, Fay said:

Dear Italian Fanyus, what does this say? 

It means: His coach calls him "The Alien" (as extraterrestrial being...not the movie...), in Japan he is the rockstar of figure skating, 2 times Olympic gold he aims to land the quadaxel. The tweet is from the MilanoCortina Olympic commitee tweet account.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:24 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Even the commentator was predicting a world record, despite the popped axel and was surprised when the score was so low :( 

I was there for it and didn't see the clip with the commentary. It's validating to know that I wasn't just outraged because I'm a fan of his and definitely biased. Unbeknownst to me, a seasoned figure skating commentator who has to be objective and fair, had thought along exactly the same lines and been expecting a big score and been confused when it wasn't delivered. 

On 8/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, BWOZWaltz said:

So if GPS are going ahead, are they going to announce GPS assignments?? If so, would they base it on the world standing points?? Does that mean it's possible to have Yuzu and Nathan in the same comp earlier than GPF?...

IDK if ISU has throughly considered the whole situation with the border restrictions in places. I fear that not all skaters can get to the competitions because of the restrictions. And my worst fear is, can they keep everyone safe while the comps' taking place? What if clusters develop after a comp? International comp means people are moving from countries to countries so the risk gets higher and higher...:smiley-scared003:

ETA: For example, I don't know if Brendan Kerry can get to GPS at all as Australia has restrictions at the moment and we require a permission from the government for travelling abroad. Also, with the permission, you can only buy one way air ticket (so we're told by a flight centre travel consultant). 

Judging by his Instagram, I don't think he's in Australia. Pretty sure he's in Europe somewhere.

I take it this is the announcement of ISU resolution on GP series, but... a bit of nostalgia for the autumn of 2018 

Wow no one has posted for 20 hours! It really is the drought. 

What's your favorite Yuzuru Commercial and why?

1 hour ago, Glory said:

Wow no one has posted for 20 hours! It really is the drought. 

What's your favorite Yuzuru Commercial and why?

I'll contribute to ending the draught. My intellectual side says my favorite is Gum for the game, and Amino Vital as a close second, because they are some cinematic, well filmed, and classy :clapping-smiley:.  Then on my fan girl side, he just looks so kakoii in those shots with all black clothes :coolio:.