General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

No way can he fit in a costume for a 14-year old himself! Lol, 

maybe adding some fabric here and there... :laughing: oops now I'm actually imagining that poor costume ending like Bruce Banner's clothes when he turns into Hulk (sorry for the comics reference, better comparisons escape me, at the moment):smiley-laughing021:

All right, Zu, you can keep that costume hidden&safe in your closet

19 minutes ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

He is so kind, to dedicate his life to skating and fulfilling our 'expectations' of him. You're right, we don't know what to expect, because Yuzu surprises us every time. 

Yuzu doing ballet would be another of the most beautiful things I would ever see. :embSwan:

If his sister had gone for ballet ~21 years ago instead of skating, maybe today we would be fans of Bolshoi principal dancer Yuzuru Hanyu instead of figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu XD

And yes with his natural turnout and musicality he would make an amazing dancer too! Although I think skating still suits him more... 

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

ngl, I'd love it if that costume could made a come back in some CiONTU2. Maybe it won't fit tho. True, Zu can still wear stuff that was made when he was 16yo, but here we're talking about when he was only 14yo...

He was shorter then. At least as far as I can tell, anyway. So fitting into the costume would be a big challenge. 

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He was shorter then. At least as far as I can tell, anyway. So fitting into the costume would be a big challenge. 

The material is very s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y  so I understand....I saw blue PW costume at the exhibition in Tokyo after Pyeongchang and it looked sooooo tiny, but he wore it well last October at SCI with his more muscular form. (I know that’s from age 19 but honestly it looked like a child’s costume in its unstretched state). I guess we will never find out if this costume fits 25yr old Yuzu, it’s a shame  :idk:

55 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

25 minutes ago, Pammi said:

The material is very s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y  so I understand....I saw blue PW costume at the exhibition in Tokyo after Pyeongchang and it looked sooooo tiny, but he wore it well last October at SCI with his more muscular form. (I know that’s from age 19 but honestly it looked like a child’s costume in its unstretched state). I guess we will never find out if this costume fits 25yr old Yuzu, it’s a shame  :idk:

It may not be that much of a stretch when you consider that he was able to fit into his White Legend and Zigeunerweisen costumes as an adult and these were made when he was 15 years old.

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

None of that drab VW stuff! 

:hairflip:

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

It may not be that much of a stretch when you consider that he was able to fit into his White Legend and Zigeunerweisen costumes as an adult and these were made when he was 15 years old.

And that poor, poor Hana ni Nare...

25 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

And that poor, poor Hana ni Nare...

I hope Yuzu will skate at 24TV this year and some old program will be much appreciated, like Etude, though Hana ni Nare might be interesting too...

51 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It was in 2017 i think, we even got this:

26b04b11a1935e15ebeadcb9191758c0.png

:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I had forgotten about the Bank of Yokohama Ice Arena promotional event and free lessons to the kids.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/08/4854711832b3-figure-skating-hanyu-makes-emotional-return-to-yokohama-rink.html

It was a month after this event that a number of Planet Hanyu satellites arranged to meet at Yuzu’s first competition of the 2017-2018 season – the ACI in Montréal. I still remember sitting around the table in the cafeteria of the venue with @Hydroblade's origami swans spread all over the table and then everyone rushing off to the front door because of a rumour that Yuzu was arriving. The lobby and the second floor balcony were packed with hopeful Fanyus until we discovered that Yuzu had pulled another ninja move and had already entered the building!

39 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

More than Ding Ning and Ma Long...wow

Scroll up that thread and the poster in question says this:

"of course #yuzuruhanyu would be MVS!I specially made these four charts to show you how popular Yuzuru is in China"

Gotta hand it to the Chinese fans...they work hard at being his fans! The charts are pretty involved, too. Nicely done.