General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Sorry to disturb with an unrelated question.  I started to rewatch all Yuzu’s old interviews, programs etc since Mar, and has now come to finishing the PC olympic chapter.  Just that it seems I cannot find the post- short or free program press conferences (with the 3 medalists) of both Sochi and PC olympics.  Wonder if those were ever broadcasted and available still?  But I could find like 1-2 Q&As /screenshot extracted, eg where Yuzu said in Sochi conf that he had the sense of helpless towards earthquake recovery, in a sadly almost crying face... or he gently helped fixing earphone of Shoma...   Thank you first!

Some time ago I also searched for it (both Sochi+PC press conference)......without success.

I think it is quite strange that especially from the olympic games the press conferences of the medalists are missing, after all, it is THE sports event:think:.

It should be the easist thing to find out there..........Does anyone know why this isn't the case?

21 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Would you like some soup to warm your heart?

As pretty as they are, the only one of the soups that appears edible to me is the Requiem. And our lovely delicate HYK is a borscht, of all things? :hihi:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As pretty as they are, the only one of the soups that appears edible to me is the Requiem. And our lovely delicate HYK is a borscht, of all things? :hihi:

1) seems to be a vitelotte (purple) potato mash, so probably quite edible.

2) looks like a betroot velouté, betroot + whatever you want like (white) potato or rice flour or cream (for a cold soup) etc. I really don't think it is a bortsch, where part of the betroot is fermented (and even when I didn't like betroot, I loved a real bortsch).

3) appears to be red cabbage + fresh cheese (like cottage cheese), maybe something else white too.

4) I really really wonder. White dumplings or mozzarella? In what sort of "broth"? Not curação I hope? "The Sendai boy" said he was allergic to alcohol. 0:)

5) Radish, something white? For the decor, rapeseed oil and maybe beluga lentils?

6) resembles tzatziki.

7) maybe a soup coloured with cuttlefish ink? decored with sesame seeds.

The only really suspicious to me is 4).

8 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Sorry to disturb with an unrelated question.  I started to rewatch all Yuzu’s old interviews, programs etc since Mar, and has now come to finishing the PC olympic chapter.  Just that it seems I cannot find the post- short or free program press conferences (with the 3 medalists) of both Sochi and PC olympics.  Wonder if those were ever broadcasted and available still?  But I could find like 1-2 Q&As /screenshot extracted, eg where Yuzu said in Sochi conf that he had the sense of helpless towards earthquake recovery, in a sadly almost crying face... or he gently helped fixing earphone of Shoma...   Thank you first!

I found this thread, but it seems the videos have been removed by Youtube :(https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/8411ep/where_can_i_watch_the_press_conference_for_the/

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

4) I really really wonder. White dumplings or mozzarella? In what sort of "broth"? Not curação I hope? "The Sendai boy" said he was allergic to alcohol. 0:)

It's the ocean ramen — the broth is chicken with a drop of funky food coloring 😏 it's just a chicken broth ramen really LOL

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Perhaps we may have also:

Mushroom :mushroom4: soup for R&J1 ,

Pumpkin /Carrot :carrot_:soup for Believe,

Tomato soup for NDP... 

A mushroom soup for "baby Yuzuru", what a great idea!

And we know he loves tomato.

25 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

It's the ocean ramen — the broth is chicken with a drop of funky food coloring 😏 it's just a chicken broth ramen really LOL

Oh! :dbana:

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

1) seems to be a vitelotte (purple) potato mash, so probably quite edible.

2) looks like a betroot velouté, betroot + whatever you want like (white) potato or rice flour or cream (for a cold soup) etc. I really don't think it is a bortsch, where part of the betroot is fermented (and even when I didn't like betroot, I loved a real bortsch).

3) appears to be red cabbage + fresh cheese (like cottage cheese), maybe something else white too.

5) Radish, something white? For the decor, rapeseed oil and maybe beluga lentils?

6) resembles tzatziki.

7) maybe a soup coloured with cuttlefish ink? decored with sesame seeds.

The only really suspicious to me is 4).

I say again, the only one that looks edible to me is #6, because at least I can guess what's in it - most likely a cream soup made with  white and green vegetables. 

I suspect #7 is the famous https://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/black-ramen

In any case, Yuzu in no way resembles soup. The cakes I could get behind, because he's so sweet and delicious himself (to watch, anyway) but the soups are a bridge too far for me, I think. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I say again, the only one that looks edible to me is #6, because at least I can guess what's in it - most likely a cream soup made with  white and green vegetables. 

I suspect #7 is the famous https://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/black-ramen

In any case, Yuzu in no way resembles soup. The cakes I could get behind, because he's so sweet and delicious himself (to watch, anyway) but the soups are a bridge too far for me, I think. 

About the 6) you may be right? But really I don't think one could be sure.

7) must really be a soup with cuttlefish or squid ink. I didn't find this one with sesame seed but there are plenty photos available without, such as the first one; if it is Japanese it may be more likely black curry, such as on the second photo?

th?id=OIP.qbTwUCs4--dG3_Js7IidmQAAAA%26pth?id=OIP.CBR7OMscppMs3EIOLz5mGwHaE8%26p

(Sorry I forgot to keep the sources, I can suppress the photos anytime.)

For the 1), here is vitelotte potato : raw, boiled, and mashed.

th?id=OIP.43NJ3GcwCalnINNjznxtcgHaEF%26pth?id=OIP.UELpoWy32yUn6bXaHdM6qgHaJ6%26p

th?id=OIP.M5m1c43HBUiHFnbBnGZb0AHaFE%26p

Boiled : ­©potatohouse.co.uk, mashed : ©unepalestinienneaparis.wordpress.com

I don't pretend Satomi Ito used vitelotte potatoes to dye Origin costume; or comparing Yuzuru Hanyu to soups is a happy idea. :grin:

Just a bit of happy nonsense for the drought, in my opinion. :jester:

We should try using sakura for Haru yo Koi soup. 
Potato soup with salt pickled cherry blossoms

http://www.e-gohan.com/recipe/2435.html

Haskup may also be an ingredient for Haru Yo Koi, or other costumes using red and pink like NDP and Zigeunerweisen. I made haskup jam last weekend and learned its juice is bright slightly purplish red and creates vivid red and pink when diluted.

Also, let's add zunda to greenish soups.

8 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

As I could not get it directly, here are the poem and the copyright mentions :

Jabber-Whacky

Or

On Dreaming, After Falling Asleep Watching TV

Isabelle Di Caprio

'Twas Brillo, and the G.E. Stoves,
Did Procter-Gamble in the Glade;
All Pillsbury were the Taystee loaves
And in a Minute Maid.

"Beware the Station-Break, my son,
The voice that lulls, the ads that vex!
Beware the Doctors Claim, and shun
That horror called Brand-X!"

He took his Q-Tip'd swab in hand;
Long time the Tension Headache fought--
So Dristan he by a Mercury,
And Bayer-break'd in thought.

And as in Bufferin Gulf he stood
The Station-Break, with Rise of Tame,
Came Wisking through the Pride-hazed wood,
And Creme-Rinsed as it came!

Buy one! Buy two! We're almost through!
The Q-Tip'd Dash went Spic and Span!
He Tide Air-Wick, and with Bisquick
Went Aero-Waxing Ban.

"And hast thou Dreft the Station-Break?
Ajax the Breck, Excedrin boy!
Oh, Fab wash day, Cashmere Bouquet!"
He Handi-Wrapped in Joy.

'Twas Brillo, and the G.E. Stoves
Did Procter-Gamble in the Glade;
All Pillsbury were the Taystee loaves,
And in a Minute Maid.

Published in the MAD Magazine paperback Good and MAD.

© Copyright 1963, 1969 by E.C. Publications, Inc.

The parody refers to a lot of products and brands advertised heavily at the time. Some of them aren't around anymore.

Love it :ohmygod:

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Haskup may also be an ingredient for Haru Yo Koi, or other costumes using red and pink like NDP and Zigeunerweisen. I made haskup jam last weekend and learned its juice is bright slightly purplish red and creates vivid red and pink when diluted.

Isn't zunda sweet though? I suppose you could make a dessert soup. 

Besides costume-specific varieties, Yuzu in general would be NOODLE SOUP, naturally. :tongueyuzu:

Younger Yuzu is a bowl of well-done curly ramen with a soft-boiled egg, shiitake mushrooms, and the swirly pink and white naruto fish cakes.

Older Yuzu is ramen cooked firm with all those ingredients plus a dash of chili oil and a generous helping of succulent braised pork.:tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow: 

BackAncientAztecant-small.gif

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Okay, I give.  What is a "knob of crude salt"? Who sells (where would you get) salted cherries?  Salt pickled cherry blossoms?  What?  I kind of get Katsuo since it is similar to bonito.  And what is "sprinkle with bar mix (mincer)".  I don't, for a minute, claim to know very much about Japanese cooking (Chinese, yes; Korean, yes; Thai, yes; even Vietnamese.  And possibly sushi (like a California Roll).  The only things I recognize in this recipe are the potato and the onion.  I'm open to new tastes and the idea of cherry soup is appealing.  I'm just baffled with the terms.

Salted cherry blossoms are a great taste accent for sweets, kind of like the idea of salt in caramel. It looks pretty and spring-like. For example, in sweet bean paste buns (like anpan) and once I had it as an accent in flan with kuromitsu ( brown sugar syrup), yummy!