General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Amazon does have pre-order. They have it for the Ice Jewel and Dancin on the Edge 3. For this one it says "Currently unavailable". Hopefully it's because I'm too early and not too late 😂😭

53 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I definitely saw the price and pre-order option a few hours ago, I think it's sold out already. :smiley-shocked032:

Japanese fans are also saying it is sold out on Amazon. They may accept orders again but maybe you can use Rakuten Books and Rakuten Global Express too? There are some restrictions and the shipping cost may be higher, but they are still selling it.

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/16352572/?l-id=parts-recommend-new-arrivals

https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/?lang=en&scid=rgm-closure-en-rgx

22 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

How the heck did Nathan get a higher technical score for that program at SkAm with 3 quads and so many doubles than Yuzu with 5 quads at GPF?

I still cannot grasp this.

It`s called GOE game. Ask the panel of judges, they are the keepers of the secret.

8 hours ago, memae said:

We haven't seen them both skate clean head-to-head since... well, I'm struggling to remember but it'll probably be back when Nathan was new to senior (but even then, he had that trickster of a 3A out to get him so maybe it hasn't actually happened).

It's never happened, actually. This is not an exhaustive list of mistakes each has made in competition against the other, just at least one from each comp. Yuzu's going to be overrepresented here, because I know a lot of his without having to look them up.

2019-2020

GPF: Yuzu missed his SP combo

2018-2019

WC: Yuzu popped his SP 4S to a 2S

2017-2018:

Olympics: Nathan had that disaster of an SP (missed combo, messy landings)

Rostelecom: Yuzu fell on his SP combo

2016-2017:

WC: Nathan fell twice in his FS

4CC: Yuzu popped his SP combo 4S to a 2S

GPF: Nathan fell on his SP 4F

NHK: Nathan fell on his SP 4Lz

WTT: Yuzu had a messy SP (popped 4Lo, fall on the combo)

I'd love to see them go clean head-to-head someday. It would be amazing.

I don't want to repeat the contents so I just refer... @Ririka Please be careful of what you post here in terms of external SNS contents.

The OP of these tweets is clearly anti of Yuzu. There's no use in trying to 'educate' these people. You can report the person or the post as harmful or ill-intent but should avoid getting caught up in fighting with them. I'd treat these tweet as if they're doggy pxxs on the street. They are annoying and stinking like hell and most people see it would avoid them. Only ones that are attracted to are flies or other creepy creatures finding it useful for them. Good manure can be made from...pxxs you know?

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

although it is hard to find reliable planned contents since the ones ISU releases are always full of mistakes...

It's hard to find protocols too, you have to Google by specific competition and hope it shows up. Going to the ISU results home page gave me a blank page! 

Also, planned contents are only what the skaters decide to submit. I'm sure there are definitely skaters who submit the same one every time for convenience's sake while having zero intention of following it. Or who do like Javi at his last Europeans and submit a blank one. 

@Lunna no offense, but my recollection of his programs is entirely different from that. When I get the chance I'll be verifying it. 

3 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

How the heck did Nathan get a higher technical score for that program at SkAm with 3 quads and so many doubles than Yuzu with 5 quads at GPF?

I still cannot grasp this.

This is in fact the only relevant question in regards to this topic. 

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Japanese fans are also saying it is sold out on Amazon. They may accept orders again but maybe you can use Rakuten Books and Rakuten Global Express too? There are some restrictions and the shipping cost may be higher, but they are still selling it.

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/16352572/?l-id=parts-recommend-new-arrivals

https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/?lang=en&scid=rgm-closure-en-rgx

Hi!  Back on the Planet after a period of hiatus - took a vacation from social media to rest my eyes (too much screen time during this time of covid-19).

I tried to order the new Yuzu book from Canada but I found the process too complicated, so I asked my sister (in Tokyo) to pre-order the book from Rakuten.  She managed to reserve one (yay!), and she will ship it to me.  Another reason to be grateful today - having a family back in Tokyo! 

I wonder why the publishers haven't figured out that there is a huge global market for Yuzu books?  How about publishing quality prints in multiple languages?   I suppose they make enough money just from the Japanese publication and can't be bothered to make the marginal investments required to expand the market...  I am speculating that Japanese publishing houses are geared toward translating foreign language books to Japanese, but not the other way.  This is purely a guess: Anyone on the planet familiar with the publishing houses?  For example, Haruki Murakami's books are translated into millions of foreign language versions - I assume these are mainly published by non-Japanese companies?  In this case, we should alert them to the prospects of a lucrative revenue source by translating Yuzu books...

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I really thought you meant, Nathan Chen always sticks with his announced layout, while Yuzuru Hanyu can "YOLO". But then, I don't know if any other skater than YH can "YOLO", maybe apart from downgrading a 3T into a 2T because of Zayak rule in case they did a 3T instead of a 4T at the beginning and have two 3T in combination, but then, it must be a "plan B" they had runs-through with. (Needing nerves and some spare brain though.)

Other skaters do YOLO, but it's really difficult. Yuzu's ability to do so is kind of amazing, his brain must move like lightning. 

1 hour ago, river said:

It's never happened, actually. This is not an exhaustive list of mistakes each has made in competition against the other, just at least one from each comp. Yuzu's going to be overrepresented here, because I know a lot of his without having to look them up.

2019-2020

GPF: Yuzu missed his SP combo

2018-2019

WC: Yuzu popped his SP 4S to a 2S

2017-2018:

Olympics: Nathan had that disaster of an SP (missed combo, messy landings)

Rostelecom: Yuzu fell on his SP combo

2016-2017:

WC: Nathan fell twice in his FS

4CC: Yuzu popped his SP combo 4S to a 2S

GPF: Nathan fell on his SP 4F

NHK: Nathan fell on his SP 4Lz

WTT: Yuzu had a messy SP (popped 4Lo, fall on the combo)

I'd love to see them go clean head-to-head someday. It would be amazing.

...and we might have seen it in Montreal....what could have been....:sadPooh:

39 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, planned contents are only what the skaters decide to submit. I'm sure there are definitely skaters who submit the same one every time for convenience's sake while having zero intention of following it. Or who do like Javi at his last Europeans and submit a blank one. 

My favorite is still Boyangman's planned content from 4CC this year with backloaded 4A+1Eu+3S :embSwan:

The boy knows what's the real deal.