General Yuzuru Chat

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's hard to find protocols too, you have to Google by specific competition and hope it shows up. Going to the ISU results home page gave me a blank page! 

Also, planned contents are only what the skaters decide to submit. I'm sure there are definitely skaters who submit the same one every time for convenience's sake while having zero intention of following it. Or who do like Javi at his last Europeans and submit a blank one. 

@Lunna no offense, but my recollection of his programs is entirely different from that. When I get the chance I'll be verifying it. 

As for ISU results, this link works for me? I am opening the page with Chrome and seeing the list of competitions since the 2013-2014 season.
You can also search by an individual skater or a competition on rinkresults.com. Try it next time you want to find a protocol quickly.

As for the planned contents sheets they submit, I agree with you. But they still have plans and they often reveal them in interviews before the competition or in official practice, etc., and sometimes we see a broadcaster showing their planed contents in comparison with the elements they actually executed in the competition. If we could reference such info, we would be able to see if someone often change the layout or not, I thought.

20 minutes ago, Fay said:

Wow, this is interesting! Thank you for sharing!:thanks:

IIRC, Kiyou mentioned Yuzu multiple times as her role model. Her reaction after hearing Mansai san's words reminds me of Yuzu's :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

10 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I don't think I saw anyone mention this here (apologies if I missed it!): something to consider when asking when might Yuzu return to TCC is the current Skate Ontario rule from its State 1 Return to Play Protocols:

Asthma is considered a lung disease, so I suspect he'd not be permitted at the rink at this time because it would go against Stage 1 rules.  Of course those rules may change once we get to a later stage in re-opening.  The X factor is at what stage they might loosen that particular restriction and when does Ontario get there.  Right now our cases have not been going down decisively and we are still watching to see how the latest Stage 1 re-openings have affected things.  Regardless of where cases are at, I'm still not convinced that we should move on to Stage 2 until we have enough PPE for people forced to go to a workplace and I'm not sure that we have enough tracers to handle a major flare-up when more and more people are moving about (easier to trace during a strict lockdown).  Obviously ordinary people will have to do their part in not letting things go as the summer weather becomes more consistent, by following social distancing guidelines, washing hands frequently, and wearing masks if you know people might get withing in 3-4 meters of you, such as in shops or some workplaces.  I personally don't want rules to be relaxed just so a skating fave can return, or for any other reason except that solid science shows it's safe to do so.  Real lives are at stake and if they feel for safety's sake they need to keep those in place, then I am for it. 

Link to document: https://skateontario.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Return-to-Play-Protocols-Skate-Ontario-1.2-2.pdf

There are so many levels of asthma and I do not know where Yuzu sits on the scale of mild to severe, but  '"A recent commentary published in Lancet by a group of European researchers called it “striking” that asthma appeared “to be underrepresented in the comorbidities reported for patients with Covid-19” '  and, just released two days ago   "Interestingly, research so far does not suggest any link between having asthma and getting a more severe COVID-19 illness, or between asthma and coronavirus deaths.   Whether this is because the SARS-CoV-2 virus doesn’t affect people with asthma in the same way as other respiratory viruses, or because there simply isn’t enough data yet, remains to be seen. "  Of course, Canada can designate asthma as an exclusionary condition for participation in sport, though that clearly is for the protection of the athlete and not a worry about transmission of the virus.

Yuzuru and his mother would not return to Toronto is they felt he was at increased risk of getting ill, but there is not evidence at this time saying he would be at greater risk. He wouldn't want to have "special treatment" as far as restrictions are concerned.

But I think this is presently moot.  He's not going to leave a rink where he can practice to come back and be quarantined for 14 days.  Until this 14-day restriction is lifted, I doubt he will return.

I hope all restrictions, including the quarantine requirement, will be relaxed some in the next month or two. Jun and Jason and Evgenia and other skaters are also not going to be able to train at TCC for the foreseeable future.  

Keep our faith in science.

14 minutes ago, barbara said:

There are so many levels of asthma and I do not know where Yuzu sits on the scale of mild to severe, but  '"A recent commentary published in Lancet by a group of European researchers called it “striking” that asthma appeared “to be underrepresented in the comorbidities reported for patients with Covid-19” '  and, just released two days ago   "Interestingly, research so far does not suggest any link between having asthma and getting a more severe COVID-19 illness, or between asthma and coronavirus deaths.   Whether this is because the SARS-CoV-2 virus doesn’t affect people with asthma in the same way as other respiratory viruses, or because there simply isn’t enough data yet, remains to be seen. "  Of course, Canada can designate asthma as an exclusionary condition for participation in sport, though that clearly is for the protection of the athlete and not a worry about transmission of the virus.

Yuzuru and his mother would not return to Toronto is they felt he was at increased risk of getting ill, but there is not evidence at this time saying he would be at greater risk. He wouldn't want to have "special treatment" as far as restrictions are concerned.

But I think this is presently moot.  He's not going to leave a rink where he can practice to come back and be quarantined for 14 days.  Until this 14-day restriction is lifted, I doubt he will return.

I hope all restrictions, including the quarantine requirement, will be relaxed some in the next month or two. Jun and Jason and Evgenia and other skaters are also not going to be able to train at TCC for the foreseeable future.  

Keep our faith in science.

Well, he may return and be quarantined if he has to, but surely not before his usual return to Canada in July, and he may be tempted to move later if there is a chance to avoid completely a quarantine, for instance if athletes are then allowed to enter Canada, to have a semi-quarantined regimen (training with a limited number of people, staying home when not at the rink, and testing regularly from the arrival (or before) to two weeks later).

47 минут назад, barbara сказал:

He's not going to leave a rink where he can practice to come back and be quarantined for 14 days.  Until this 14-day restriction is lifted, I doubt he will return.

I think he can return with quarantine time (if he left in the first place), cuz it's still better to train with coaches alongside. But he can also wait a little for other restrictions to be lifted. Like when choreographers will be allowed on the ice, when areas for physical training will open etc. I don't think quarantine rules will be lifted soon or during summer at least.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

As for ISU results, this link works for me? I am opening the page with Chrome and seeing the list of competitions since the 2013-2014 season.
You can also search by an individual skater or a competition on rinkresults.com. Try it next time you want to find a protocol quickly.

Did you follow those links yourself? They don't give full protocols with the individual judges' scores for each element, just summary scores. The ISU one actually links back to the skater bios. I tried those. 

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Did you follow those links yourself? They don't give full protocols with the individual judges' scores for each element, just summary scores. The ISU one actually links back to the skater bios. I tried those. 

Rinkresults does show the scores, see Yuzu's SP page from 4CC for example: http://www.rinkresults.com/judges-scores?competition_id=2612&race_id=1

And on the ISU one, click on Starting order/result details on any competition link and you'll find all the protocols by clicking on "Judges scores (pdf)". I prefer the ISU results page because it's easier to find the list of judges and open the pdf with all the scores.

There is also SkatingScores which is very helpful.

40 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Of course, I did, and I do often.

As to rinkresults.com, if you type the name of the skater in the search box, you will get suggestions, then click on the suggested name, you will see a page like this. Then if you click on "video" or "details", you'll get the details like this or this.  (I used Nathan as a sample because most of the Yuzu's results posted with a video)

As to the ISU result, first, click on a competition. Then you'll get to this kind of page. By clicking on "Starting order/Result Details" you'll get to this page, and by clicking on "Judges Scores (pdf)" you'll get a protocol.

3 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Hi!  Back on the Planet after a period of hiatus - took a vacation from social media to rest my eyes (too much screen time during this time of covid-19).

I tried to order the new Yuzu book from Canada but I found the process too complicated, so I asked my sister (in Tokyo) to pre-order the book from Rakuten.  She managed to reserve one (yay!), and she will ship it to me.  Another reason to be grateful today - having a family back in Tokyo! 

I wonder why the publishers haven't figured out that there is a huge global market for Yuzu books?  How about publishing quality prints in multiple languages?   I suppose they make enough money just from the Japanese publication and can't be bothered to make the marginal investments required to expand the market...  I am speculating that Japanese publishing houses are geared toward translating foreign language books to Japanese, but not the other way.  This is purely a guess: Anyone on the planet familiar with the publishing houses?  For example, Haruki Murakami's books are translated into millions of foreign language versions - I assume these are mainly published by non-Japanese companies?  In this case, we should alert them to the prospects of a lucrative revenue source by translating Yuzu books...

Sad that Rakuten wasn't so convenient for fans outside of Japan. If it were not for COVID-19, Amazon would have had a large stock of the photo book. I heard that they are temporarily focusing on delivering daily necessities and have less stock of books than usual.

When a book gets translated into another language, I think it is usually the foreign publisher who takes the initiative. Each country has its unique distribution system and the publisher should know their market well. When a Japanese company translates a foreign book, a translater proposes a plan to a publisher or a publisher asks a translator to read the book and make a resume to see its marketability. If the publisher thinks it is marketable, they acquire translation rights and start working on it. I am interested in how publishers in Vietnam, China, and Taiwan decided to publish Aoi Honoo in their languages. I found this a few days ago. It says the OP found Aoi Honoo in a bookstore in Vietnam.

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Rinkresults does show the scores, see Yuzu's SP page from 4CC for example: http://www.rinkresults.com/judges-scores?competition_id=2612&race_id=1

And on the ISU one, click on Starting order/result details on any competition link and you'll find all the protocols by clicking on "Judges scores (pdf)". I prefer the ISU results page because it's easier to find the list of judges and open the pdf with all the scores.

There is also SkatingScores which is very helpful.

It gives me this: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/jgpfra2019/SEG001.htm

but I want this:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/fc2020/FSKMSINGLES-----------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Which I can't get without getting extremely specific in my search terms

Skating Scores has what I want but not for the 2019-20 season. 

eventually found the .pdf link on those ISU pages. Urgh. Talk about hidden in plain sight. 

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I haven't been keeping up with this thread --

Does anybody know when we should expect to hear about whether Autumn Classic International is going to go forward? I just checked my records and last year I bought the tickets on June 13, which is coming up soon. I think I saw something about 3 months notice, but not sure if that was only for the GP series. 

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It gives me this: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/jgpfra2019/SEG001.htm

but I want this:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1920/fc2020/FSKMSINGLES-----------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Which I can't get without getting extremely specific in my search terms

Skating Scores has what I want but not for the 2019-20 season. 

eventually found the .pdf link on those ISU pages. Urgh. Talk about hidden in plain sight. 

Yes because on the link I posted, first you click on this: 

Spoiler

S8r4EXz.jpg

And then here:

Spoiler

dD0GAxj.jpg

Google is my best friend and I just usually search for example "2015 GPF isuresults" and I can find all the protocols with just two clicks.