General Yuzuru Chat

It's a long interview. The part about Yuzu is as follows: 

Q: If we talk about consistency, is Nathan Chen the leader in this now?

Maxim Kovtun: Chen is a great athlete, really the best in the world. He and Yuzuru Hanyu are together on the top.

Q: They are perhaps superior to everyone else, but on the issue of consistency it seems that even Hanyu is currently inferior to the American.

Maxim Kovtun: Maybe Hanyu is not so consistent, but every time he raises entire 15,000th arenas with his energy. There is no such other skater. His programs are always very interesting, and his technique is very unusual. Despite the fact that Yuzuru is very small, on the ice he looks wide and beautiful – this is a grandiose work.

First time I watched a clean HD version of etude and I am blown away! I’ve never skated and don’t know much about technique, but what I loved here was that every single delicate note of the music is accentuated by an arm movement,  a tilt of the shoulder, a little leap. Exquisite! I think this is my new favourite Yuzuru program. 

1 минуту назад, 野生の花 Yasei no hana сказал:

OMG thank you @Lunna  you just saved me !  I had this song singing in my head all day long  (& maybe night too! )  yesterday   ( along with Crystal Memories <3)

...Right in the heart.

Long ago I made anime video to it (the theme fitted very well) and later I had to do this :biggrin: 

11 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

It's a long interview. The part about Yuzu is as follows: 

Q: If we talk about consistency, is Nathan Chen the leader in this now?

Maxim Kovtun: Chen is a great athlete, really the best in the world. He and Yuzuru Hanyu are together on the top.

Q: They are perhaps superior to everyone else, but on the issue of consistency it seems that even Hanyu is currently inferior to the American.

Maxim Kovtun: Maybe Hanyu is not so consistent, but every time he raises entire 15,000th arenas with his energy. There is no such other skater. His programs are always very interesting, and his technique is very unusual. Despite the fact that Yuzuru is very small, on the ice he looks wide and beautiful – this is a grandiose work.

Truthfully, consistent jumping is the only aspect, where Nathan is slightly in front at the moment. In all other 138907435 aspects of figure skating Yuzu is superior and not only by a little. It annoys me that media makes it sound like consistency alone justifies such stellar scores and beats well-rounded skating with such a ridiculously huge margin.

It's a nice interview by Kovtun, though. He already got me with his insta post after Saitama last year.

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Truthfully, consistent jumping is the only aspect, where Nathan is slightly in front at the moment. In all other 138907435 aspects of figure skating Yuzu is superior and not only by a little. It annoys me that media makes it sound like consistency alone justifies such stellar scores and beats well-rounded skating with such a ridiculously huge margin.

Remember that Medvedeva won everything due only to consistency. And look what happened!

27 минут назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

Why would consistency be a factor though? Aren't the scores only supposed to be based on the current performance and not previous ones? Or am I mistaken haha

If only the scores were given away according to how they are supposed :rolleyes: it's a dream land, sadly