General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Is he actually away from the ice though? Isn’t the Sendai rink still open?

I have no knowledge and haven't heard anything, but my guess is even if it were closed to the public, Yuzu has enough clout there that they'd let him use it privately and exclusively. Compare that to the skaters who have no ice access at this point in time and it's not hard to draw conclusions about what the men's field will look like next season. 

Although Keegan is busy training for the X-Games it would seem... he just posted a skiing video to his Instagram that made me want to move to Alaska. :happy0065:

Yuzu's quote from a fan blog about Ice Jewels vol.12:

(GOOGLE TRANS) (any correction is welcome):

--Please tell us about the concept of the program for the next season, the image of the song, etc. to the possible extent.

I want to make a new program. I don't know how long it will take to get 4A, but I would like to work hard toward next season. I don't have a concrete image of the song or program yet. However, I would like to make something meaningful to me.

LMAO I WAS WRONG. He's going to YOLO next ss y'all :LOL:.

Does it also mean he isn't skating? If he's skating now he must alr work on new programs right? :knc_brian3:

5 minutes ago, monchan said:

Yuzu's quote from a fan blog about Ice Jewels vol.12:

(GOOGLE TRANS) (any correction is welcome):

LMAO I WAS WRONG. He's going to YOLO next ss y'all :LOL:.

Does it also mean he isn't skating? If he's skating now he must alr work on new programs right? :knc_brian3:

I would interpret his remarks to mean he was still brainstorming ideas (at the time of the interview). 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

( but you never know. Like, what if he falls in love with someone other than Ice-chan during this time away from her? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: She's a jealous mistress, after all...)

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

Yuzuru, during off-ice training: F-floor-chan.....I have something to confess.....I.....d-daisuki da yo.

Floor-chan: ___(♡⌂♡)___ Y-Yuzu-kun! We have been spending so much more time together lately but I.....I had no idea.....you truly felt this way.....the same way I do..... ///BLUSH///

Ice-chan, distantly: Yuzu? Yuzu-kun? (°͈▵°͈)

Yuzuru: Floor-chan.....you have been there for me.....at a time when no one else could be. Not even Ice-chan. Ice-chan seems.....like a lovely but distant memory.

Floor-chan: Oh, Yuzu-kun. I will comfort you. ___(/ω\)___

Ice-chan: YUZURUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOO w(・:゚Д゚:・)w

Keegan: ICE-CHAN! BEAUTIFUL ICE-CHAN!

Ice-chan: K-Keegan-senshu?? (° o°)!

Keegan: Don't you realize.....I have been here all along? And I still am because I'm in Alaska. You are everything to me! *builds an ice tower and does a double backflip off it onto a frozen lake, does a triple Axel on the frozen lake, then cuts a hole in the lake and pulls out a fish*

Ice-chan: No one has ever made me feel this way..... (♡´❍`♡)*✧ ✰ 。*

*Keegan becomes 2022 men's singles figure skating Olympic champion, Yuzuru becomes 2024 men's gymnastics floor exercise Olympic champion*

why

Just now, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

Yuzuru, during off-ice training: F-floor-chan.....I have something to confess.....I.....d-daisuki da yo.

Floor-chan: ___(♡⌂♡)___ Y-Yuzu-kun! We have been spending so much more time together lately but I.....I had no idea.....you truly felt this way.....the same way I do..... ///BLUSH///

Yuzuru: Floor-chan.....you have been there for me.....at a time when no one else could be. Not even Ice-chan. Ice-chan seems.....like a lovely but distant memory.

Keegan: Don't you realize.....I have been here all along? And I still am because I'm in Alaska. You are everything to me! *builds an ice tower and does a double backflip off it onto a frozen lake, does a triple Axel on the frozen lake, then cuts a hole in the lake and pulls out a fish*

*Keegan becomes 2022 men's singles figure skating Olympic champion, Yuzuru becomes 2024 men's gymnastics floor exercise Olympic champion*

why

:LOL::xD: I LOVE IT! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY!!:11135030::loveeyes:

Oh God this pandemic is killing our sanity

28 minutes ago, monchan said:

Does it also mean he isn't skating? If he's skating now he must alr work on new programs right? 

If he's in Toronto, of course he can't skate atm. If he's in Sendai, he can't work on new program either because of no choreographer (unless he choose Japanese choreographer, which is unlikely)

My guess is this interview taken around late March, because mag content need to finalize at least 2 weeks before printing. Anyway, new program or not, let's hope thing would be better soon so skater can start on ice training and getting choreo and that we could actually get some skating this year. 

21 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

why

What did I just read hahaha
:crazyshit:

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

♡ ✧*。SOAP OPERA♡ ✧*。

why

:xD: Honestly, your avatar side-eying the soap opera is perfect. :1497158260_5GOE:

@rockstaryuzu Everyone always gets a little crazy during a normal off-season. We're all going completely mad this time, I think... :headdesk:

54 minutes ago, Katt said:

If he's in Toronto, of course he can't skate atm. If he's in Sendai, he can't work on new program either because of no choreographer (unless he choose Japanese choreographer, which is unlikely)

My guess is this interview taken around late March, because mag content need to finalize at least 2 weeks before printing. Anyway, new program or not, let's hope thing would be better soon so skater can start on ice training and getting choreo and that we could actually get some skating this year. 

It was publicly known that he would be skating new programs for next season before Worlds was going to happen.  He'd have been practicing his programs for Worlds then, but likely spoke with Shae-Lynn and/or Jeff during that time about ideas for next season.  The rink is Sendai is currently showing that it is open, though that might change.  I am pretty sure that one of his FAOI programs from last year was something that Shae-Lynn sent him via internet and he picked it up in a day.  I imagine that he's been in contact with her about next season.  All he really needs now is a framework.  He can polish is up on his own and then finalize it when he gets back to Toronto (hoping that Canada is open after June...).

27 minutes ago, barbara said:

It was publicly known that he would be skating new programs for next season before Worlds was going to happen.  He'd have been practicing his programs for Worlds then, but likely spoke with Shae-Lynn and/or Jeff during that time about ideas for next season.  The rink is Sendai is currently showing that it is open, though that might change.  I am pretty sure that one of his FAOI programs from last year was something that Shae-Lynn sent him via internet and he picked it up in a day.  I imagine that he's been in contact with her about next season.  All he really needs now is a framework.  He can polish is up on his own and then finalize it when he gets back to Toronto (hoping that Canada is open after June...).

At first I thought he may delay serious training on a new program until he's in Toronto, but at second thought I find it unlikely. He is so fast to catch a program, he probably sends videos to Brian Orser for comments, and he may want to lose no time in case Sendai rink close? Though things seem to have been better in the very last days in the country, and Miyagi isn't near as hit as others, and youth seem to have ceased to gather for no useful purpose. And choreographers are probably very glad someone can skate their ideas "for true" at the moment.

As to 4A being his ultimate goal, yes, 4A have a very, very special meaning for him, and will always be his king jump, because he is the axel king. But if he can skate, if his pains are not greater than his pleasure (I don't know how to express it), then I tend to think he is likely to fight for other "attainable" (only by him, at least in the next decade) goals : quad flip (he won't be the first but he is unlikely to accept having one jump never jumped in competition, even if just at an ACI or so), quad-quad combination, 4A in combination, and why not, a quint. I wish it so much, not for myself (and I feel other fanyus don't need them either), but for his own feeling of achievement, and for judges and "journalists with a narrative", who deserve a BIG humble pie.

15 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

As to 4A being his ultimate goal, yes, 4A have a very, very special meaning for him, and will always be his king jump, because he is the axel king. But if he can skate, if his pains are not greater than his pleasure (I don't know how to express it), then I tend to think he is likely to fight for other "attainable" (only by him, at least in the next decade) goals : quad flip (he won't be the first but he is unlikely to accept having one jump never jumped in competition, even if just at an ACI or so), quad-quad combination, 4A in combination, and why not, a quint. I wish it so much, not for myself (and I feel other fanyus don't need them either), but for his own feeling of achievement, and for judges and "journalists with a narrative", who deserve a BIG humble pie.

4A is special not becuz he's an axel king but it's his childhood dream, just like 2 OGMs. I'm not Yuzu so can't say about his future but he's in the sport for too long to keep going on just for judge and journalists. It's never enough for them, journalists just want drama to sell and judges are big feds' puppets, it's the gospel truth that doesn't change regardless of whatever he does. And he will retire when he feels satisfied with himself, he doesn't need fans to decide what's best for his own feeling of achievement.