General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, vd_turnan said:

I know they reevaluate, I don't mean those, I mean the ones they give in real time. Those programs can be re-watched and the GOEs are visible on the screen right away. I can tell you that is not the case, actually the GOEs increased (on the score sheet is more than what it was displayed on the screen), which means that in the first they underscored him even more. If you check NC program (I was answering a post talking about beating him), you will see that the GOEs displayed on the screen are almost the same as what's in the score sheet, sometimes a bit more. Which means they firstly go with the overscoring for him, while for Yuzu they go with the underscoring first. In this case, they could even compare him with Yuzu, as he went first. I.E. - they saw Yuzu's Lz and still decided to give NC more although he had worse axis than Yuzu.

I've lost my faith in fair judging. Luckily, I've not lost my faith in Yuzu, that he can triumph over this corruption. Personally, for myself, I don't care if he wins on not, I would like him the same no matter on what position he ended a competition.  It's not the victories that make us love him. It's not like he's worth loving only if he gets the gold medal, I don't need to prove to anyone that he deserves my love and he doesn't need to win in order to reward it. Actually, he doesn't need to reward it at all, because love should not be conditioned by a reward. It's just that the corruption irritates me a lot. I'm trying to be more detached with it, but it seems I'm having difficulties with it. It's not like the sport was not corrupt regarding the judging system before. I only follow FS from the 90s and some of the judging then was definitely politic (especially at the Olympics).

I second all of this. To be honest, my interest in figure skating outside of Yuzu is at an all time low, precisely because the sport is so corrupt (look at the disgusting stuff coming out about so much of the French Fed) and nonsense scoring. Like who won Euros? idk, who cares, it's meaningless because the scores are meaningless. The options are either anger or aggressive apathy. I've done a lot of anger, now I'm at apathy.

22 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

I don't think so, not even if Yuzu has 5 clean quads including 4A. The BV for 4A is just one point higher than 4Lutz. Nathan is surely going for 5 quads in Worlds and if he goes clean they are 100% going to give it to him, and it will be higher than his GPF19 score. A clean Yuzu can't win against a clean Nathan at this point not because Nate is better, but because ISU wants him to win. It'd be like a Sochi14 Yuna situation or the recent European Champs Ice Dance situation.

It's worse than the yuna situation. People forget yuna could only jump 4 types of triples; sal, toe, flip and lutz.

Yuna could not jump triple loop and took it out for nearly her entire senior career. She has never landed 3lo consistently throughout her entire skating career. She only had 4 triples up her arsenal. Thus she was many points behind in BV than adelina sotnikova at sochi. Not to mention Yuna never had the athletic ability to ever attempt 3A or quads competitively. 

However Yuzu and Nathan's case is VERY different. Yuzu and Nathan can both only jump 4 types of quads and land them consecutively at a high rate at this point. Thus their BV is similar and the amount of quad types they have up their arsenal is the same. 

6 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

It's worse than the yuna situation. People forget yuna could only jump 4 types of triples; sal, toe, flip and lutz.

Yuna could not jump triple loop and took it out for nearly her entire senior career. She has never landed 3lo consistently throughout her entire skating career. She only had 4 triples up her arsenal. Thus she was many points behind in BV than adelina sotnikova at sochi. Not to mention Yuna never had the athletic ability to ever attempt 3A or quads competitively. 

However Yuzu and Nathan's case is VERY different. Yuzu and Nathan can both only jump 4 types of quads and land them consecutively at a high rate. Thus there BV is similar and the amount of quad types they have up their arsenal is the same. 

Thanks for the analysis. I was drawing comparison with regards to scores manipulation, not tech content. Sotnikova's GOE and PCS was heavily inflated to produce a certain outcome, same with Nathan. They both did/does not deserve their GOE and PCS given.

I don't know how to feel with the program switches. If Yuzu thinks it's the best for him, let's go. But what about the Otonal StSq ? and the Violin move in Origin ? I'm not ready to give them up :crybaby:

But well, my biggest regret in the previous seasons was not being able to see Seimei live, and it will be a fulfilled dream in Montréal. :love:

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The thing is, both Nemesis and Mao's Last Dancer could have been great, memorable programs, but he never really did them justice. I'm not going to knock Nathan too much, because clearly Yuzu cherishes him as a good competitor, but Nathan's more an athlete than a performer. He's the kind of guy who should always do programs like Rocketman, because that's where his strengths lie. He would be at a complete loss if you asked to perform something like, say, Requiem. Not because he couldn't do it technically, but because he couldn't do it emotionally. The performance wouldn't ring true. And that's why he failed with Mao's and with Nemesis - there was no emotional connection for the audience to grab onto and be moved. 

But what do I know, I'm just a silly satellite...

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

I second all of this. To be honest, my interest in figure skating outside of Yuzu is at an all time low, precisely because the sport is so corrupt (look at the disgusting stuff coming out about so much of the French Fed) and nonsense scoring. Like who won Euros? idk, who cares, it's meaningless because the scores are meaningless. The options are either anger or aggressive apathy. I've done a lot of anger, now I'm at apathy.

That's why apart from Yuzu, I don't really want to follow and watch figure skating anymore even though I used to love it for more than two decades. European Championships were really the last straw for me. It's not a sport anymore, it's now just about power games and favoritism. For me too, the scores have become completely meaningless.

Now I only follow Yuzu and his journey. As long as he's still into it, as long as he still loves skating and competing, as long as he has more goals to achieve and unfinished business, I'm here to support and watch him and cheer him on. :cheer:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Somewhat Yuzu related:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/business/under-armour-struggles.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I read articles like this and I just shake my head. That company is sitting on a potential gold mine with Yuzu and they're too dumb to see it.

I would rather not! 

Excerpts from the article:

"Not long ago, Under Armour was a darling of investors. But it has since faced tough scrutiny, resulting in lawsuits from shareholders, who accuse the company of misleading investors, and media coverage around real estate deals involving the company and Mr. Plank’s private holdings. Questions have also arisen about a culture that allowed strip club visits to be expensed on corporate credit cards and, more recently, a disclosure by The Wall Street Journal that federal authorities are conducting investigations into accounting practices."

We have seen Yuzu in many different brands, and looks like he prefers it that way. His on-ice training tops are from UA, pants from Marina (I think?). He wears lots of Mizuno, and we have seen him in venex too. I am sure he receives tonnes of sportswear from companies and he just picks what he likes to wear.

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

That's why apart from Yuzu, I don't really want to follow and watch figure skating anymore even though I used to love it for more than two decades. European Championships were really the last straw for me. It's not a sport anymore, it's now just about power games and favoritism. For me too, the scores have become completely meaningless.

Now I only follow Yuzu and his journey. As long as he's still into it, as long as he still loves skating and competing, as long as he has more goals to achieve and unfinished business, I'm here to support and watch him and cheer him on. :cheer:

I'm wondering, if after seeing Yuzu and he will no longer compete, will it be possible to just watch FS without any attachment to the competition/scoring aspect, just to see beautiful skaters, no matter their placements? Even now, there are some skaters who are not usually on the podium and who are worth watching for the beautiful skating they produce, it's just that I feel the corruption taints the experience for us because we see how much it affects them and Yuzu especially.

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I can totally relate. Euros were a tragedy and left no hope. I have no believe in ISU, unless it undergoes a thorough reform. On the other hand I can't help but still fall in love with some new skaters and really want to support them (like Shun or Utashin lately). But it's very hard to do when you're almost 100% sure that their efforts won't get its due reward because of politics and bias (internationally but in many cases in domestic fed as well). 

That's why I hate when some people (like J*ckie) say that Yuzu's fans are not the real fans of the sport if they will leave it after his retirement. In my case, I came back to the sport after discovering Yuzu and got involved more than ever, have many other skaters who I support, but the frames and its injustice became ubereable, particulary in last two seasons. I'm afraid to engage in anything rn, because of the frustration it gives. And sorry but I can't be excited just about amount of quads  without human context. I get involved with skaters, their charisma, their emotions, their characters, I love to watch their development over the seasons and not just their tricks. 

32 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

Not long ago, Under Armour was a darling of investors. But it has since faced tough scrutiny, resulting in lawsuits from shareholders, who accuse the company of misleading investors, and media coverage around real estate deals involving the company and Mr. Plank’s private holdings. Questions have also arisen about a culture that allowed strip club visits to be expensed on corporate credit cards and, more recently, a disclosure by The Wall Street Journal that federal authorities are conducting investigations into accounting pr

There's good reason why I called them dumb! But yes, perhaps it's better he doesn't have them as sponsors. 

23 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

That's why I hate when some people (like J*ckie) say that Yuzu's fans are not the real fans of the sport if they will leave it after his retirement.

Seriously. You're not a true fan, if you stay and support this corrupt system with your time and money.

You're a true fan, if you riot against the current judging madness and work on new objective measurement tools to make the sport as fair as possible for future talents.

If figure skating was still like back in 2015-2018, I would watch and enjoy it even without Yuzu, because the quality and entertainment factor was enormous. It was the time, when Javi, Patrick, Shoma, Boyang, Misha Kolyada and many others enriched the sport with amazing performances and the scores somewhat reflected what they actually did on the ice. Figure skating was not that kind of a blatant depressing clownery show that it is today and I feel sad for every young talent who is robbed of a bright future, before his or her career has even begun.