General Yuzuru Chat

19 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Personally, I think the problem with Otonal and Origin is that they were conceived at a time when Yuzu was somewhat aimless, after the Olympics. While he was going through his zen period and had no real goals aside from 4A, so he had the possibility to do two programs that were less focused on the technical in a points-winning sense. And he assumed he would have the time to develop and perfect them like that. Only the zen period ended quickly, and then he had to scramble to tweak them to become more points-winning focused. And more technical. And for over a year he's been trying to have his cake and eat it, too: keep the original spirit of Otonal and Origin, as very artistic, very intricate, very detailed programs, but also increase the technical, add more quads and win with them. I believe, while very different from H&L, Origin has the H&L complexity that requires a long-term delicate polishing in order to bring it to its best possible shape. But Yuzu has been under so much pressure to win, to not lose to Nathan, that he couldn't give himself the time to focus on that polishing. He's basically been running after two rabbits and it backfired on him. So I think he needs to take a step back. And I think, unless he has decided he's finally had enough - which would be totally understandable and I'd fully support it - it might only be temporary and, if, instead, he's decided to go for Beijing, after cleaning his palate with Seimei and hopefully something entirely new next season, he might bring it back for the Olympic Season and properly tame it. But he needs to regain his power, control and confidence as a tamer of wild programs, first and for that I fully support his choice to step back. Origin is a beast and he can't tame it half-heartedly, as he's been trying to do, split in two, between increasing technical to try to beat Nathan, and developing the program as it'd meant to be developed.

Ahhhhhh very insightful, and I think it makes alot of sense!!

58 minutes ago, memae said:

I'm getting uneasy about next season now, with the 4A at Worlds talk along with this 'skating for himself' mentality leading to the program change.

:( 

I don't want it to happen, and you know I'm not talking about 4A. 

My take: it won't happen. Even if he gets good GOE for 4A at Worlds, I simply don't think he will feel emotionally fulfilled enough by then to call it (especially when Chen's gold is pretty much locked unless he bombs, which won't happen as we know his programs by then will just be crossovers+jumps). He said he still wants to do 4F.... and all 6 types of quads in one programs lol that boy

As for program change, I think the Free Skate experience at JNats gave a good shock to his system to realise how tiring those two tribute programs have been, because he has been skating them for somebody else, not himself. Personally, I feel those two programs, though beautiful, have such deep dark vibes and they suck the life out of him. It's good for his mental health to change back to the programs he has great memories of and confident with. I can't wait to see Yuzuru in his happy self again with Chopin/SEIMEI.  

2 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

My take: it won't happen. Even if he gets good GOE for 4A at Worlds, I simply don't think he will feel emotionally fulfilled enough by then to call it (especially when Chen's gold is pretty much locked unless he bombs, which won't happen as we know his programs by then will just be crossovers+jumps). He said he still wants to do 4F.... and all 6 types of quads in one programs lol that boy

As for program change, I think the Free Skate experience at JNats gave a good shock to his system to realise how tiring those two tribute programs have been, because he has been skating them for somebody else, not himself. Personally, I feel those two programs, though beautiful, have such deep dark vibes and they suck the life out of him. It's good for his mental health to change back to the programs he has great memories of and confident with. I can't wait to see Yuzuru in his happy self again with Chopin/SEIMEI.  

This is the hope I'm holding onto. 

Whenever the time comes, I hope he is able to step into his future happy with what he's accomplished and still as fond of the sport as he always has been. 

That grin on his face when he pauses before he begins the choreo. In Otonal he sometimes smirks, but here he just looked happy. He loves the power he has over the audience haha

Ah, watching this has made be so much happier he's gone back to Seimei. (Just keep the Origin hair though, thanks Zu)

6 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Medalists on Ice. It is the gala of the JNats

He's definitely at his most powerful self with Seimei.

Raise your hand those who are still dying over 1:32:goat:

Also, i was away for this but how come i never noticed that it IS a different cut? The taiko sounds brighter, he added new highlights... How was i so blind, this should have been the indication that Seimei was rising from his shrine lol

Also i am glad that i will have my soul consumed once again by Seimei ahahahaha, after watching the worst Seimei (gloveless version) now i get to see kuyashii this isn't my final form Seimei. What a blessed timeline i'm living in...