General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

Yes the way Javi and Brian kinda set their hands going into some of they're jumps is very similar. 

And Javi almost but not quite has Brian's landing position. All the landing positions skaters have, Brian's has always been my favorite. 

But you know who else is starting to give me serious Brian-like vibes on the ice? Julian Yee. Since he started working with Brian's old coach Doug Leigh, Julian's picked up Brian's old jump prep pose... although I hope it's only a phase and he can move on to making his jumps integrate more seamlessly into his choreo.

8 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

Yes the way Javi and Brian kinda set their hands going into some of they're jumps is very similar. 

It helps that Javi used to have longer curls like Brian too.

very much so ...also Javi saving jumps since 2009(and even before probably )LOL

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even in his street clothes though, Johnny likes exaggerated proportions. As you say, it's a choice. 

You know, I find it interesting how Shoma always has a multitude of costumes but Yuzu sticks to the same two for the full season. Shoma's definitely a fashion kid. His choices aren't necessarily bold, but they're varied and interesting. 

Well, we know our little ninja perfectionist. He gives his performances everything. His costumes have to fit the theme and the music and the costume and the skating are just puzzle pieces meant to be presented together, so he wouldn't change that, unless it's necessary (like 2014 POTO).

1 minute ago, 4Nessie said:

Well, we know our little ninja perfectionist. He gives his performances everything. His costumes have to fit the theme and the music and the costume and the skating are just puzzle pieces meant to be presented together, so he wouldn't change that, unless it's necessary (like 2014 POTO).

Well yes. It only emphasizes even more how he's doing something different from all the other skaters. 

Meanwhile, Nathan has made a choice in a different direction. By having all those super-similar, kind of generic costumes, he can go from program to program and season to season without having to make a lot of artistic choices that way, and can free up his mind to just focus on the skating and competing. I'm not sure I agree with the approach but I can certainly admire the thinking behind it. It reminds me of Steve Jobs always wearing black turtlenecks so that he doesn't have to waste decision-making energy on something trivial. 

Two totally different approaches - the busy athlete (Nathan) and the artiste who is also an athlete (Yuzu). 

Just now, Paskud said:

Fanyus go to war.:10742286:

too bad that the evisceration of isu going on in those comments won't have any effect,they'll ignore it and think it will blow over anyway in a couple of weeks like most news do these days.i hope fanyus will never forget and never stop fighting them for what they did to yuzu and this sport in saitama

4 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

too bad that the evisceration of isu going on in those comments won't have any effect,they'll ignore it and think it will blow over anyway in a couple of weeks like most news do these days.i hope fanyus will never forget and never stop fighting them for what they did to yuzu and this sport in saitama

Somehow, I hope for a proper fanyu riot one day... Just once... buying the tickets but not going in the arena, staying outside to great the arriving  skaters but leave all the seats empty... 

I know it would be sad for the skaters, but maybe, just maybe that could have at least a tiny medial impact... :hachimaki:

12 minutes ago, Bilge said:

yup me too:10814716:

ISU needs to listen, if they haven't muted it already

Its allll Yuzu as favorite with a couple (sarcastic) posts about the "excellent" judging and RIP figure skating.

Misha gets a mention and then you have to scroll waayy down to find just a mere few for Nathan. I feel kinda bad for the guy tbh. The unscrupulous judging wasn't his fault.

1 minute ago, 4Nessie said:

Somehow, I hope for a proper fanyu riot one day... Just once... buying the tickets but not going in the arena, staying outside to great the arriving  skaters but leave all the seats empty... 

I know it would be sad for the skaters, but maybe, just maybe that could have at least a tiny medial impact... :hachimaki:

they won't care.especially if they get their money