General Yuzuru Chat

This isn't an insider report, it's just a fun little story meant to entertain and told by people who love Yuzuru and who were clear about it being a joke from Yuzu's side. It's not like someone spreading an unconfirmed rumor about an injury. It's not a big deal if it turns out not to be true because it's not a serious thing. People who use it as something to hate on Yuzuru are beyond help and will use even his most positive statements and actions as negative so I don't really know why people care about them. 

39 minutes ago, Yoa said:

To me it sounds like the things he would say to Nobu. So if it's true it only shows that Yuzu and Jun are close enough to joke about things like that. Which makes me happy :) In my opinion, it also shows that Yuzuru thinks that JunHwan should aim for gold/has ability to aim for gold. And that he treats him as a real competitior. And yes it was a self jab :rofl2:He said (if it's true of course) that his gold medal is worse than Junhwan's second place. So his Kuyashi is at pre-Olympics level...

Yes it does sound like something he would say to Oda  :68468287: poor Yuzu and his kuyashi gold n:13877886:

5 hours ago, ajnats said:

This isn't an insider report, it's just a fun little story meant to entertain and told by people who love Yuzuru and who were clear about it being a joke from Yuzu's side. It's not like someone spreading an unconfirmed rumor about an injury. It's not a big deal if it turns out not to be true because it's not a serious thing. People who use it as something to hate on Yuzuru are beyond help and will use even his most positive statements and actions as negative so I don't really know why people care about them. 

Its still a private conversation and I doubt M&A were there to witness in person. This is more likely a second, or even third/fourth hand of account no one know its true or not. I stand by my point, I don't like commentators talk about private/behind the scene thing like this. I read another translation and its sound like some kind of gossip.  I think most people who love Yuzuru know the reason why he's being that private.  I don't care about what antis's doing, but its always better to not give them new material. 

I usually enjoy small tidbits of information from behind the scenes, but I'm actually with @Katt on this. Yuzu probably felt ok to joke like that because it was among friends and inside of TCC, which is his safe haven, and he knew there was no risk of anyone misinterpreting his words. But taking that little joke and making it public opens him up to exactly the kind of misinterpretation. There are actually many things about the story that make me cringe. Like the eating part, which was quite unnecessary, IMO. If the story had come from Yuzu or Jun or someone from TCC speaking openly, that'd be different, but as it is, it sounds like a leaked story that should have stayed private. I also think they could have made the same point, about Yuzu giving Jun advice and trying to get him pumped up, in a different way, that wouldn't have been as open to misinterpretation. Just Yuzu's advice would have been sufficient actually, IMO.

It'll probably blow over quickly, since it's not a huge thing. But, IMO, even little things like this should remain private if they happened in private. It's like... at work, we might joke about a colleague being lazy or saying he's working outside the office when he's actually home or taking care of personal stuff and tease him about it. But we'd never do that in public or in front of people who are not part of our circle, because it'd be easily misunderstood. It's the same thing, IMO.

I love this little story, it sounds very Yuzuru-ish. And I don't give a fuck about haters and I think Yuzuru learned to do the same. So I really don't think everything Yuzuru says is top secret because living like that, hoping that no one shares what you say... who would live like that?