General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Sure, don't know if he even has any idea what Nessie is. He is mature and well educated, but I'm not sure if he is interested in foreign mysteries. Maybe we would have more luck explaining it as that pokemon (and I totally forgot his name)... :english1:

Nessie is widely known to many parts of the world including Japan. Japanese love all that UMA (unidentified mysterious animals) things. That pokemon - Lapras is actually based on Nessie so Yuzu would know what Nessie is.  But he wouldn't have a clue about what Nessie's got to do with him or his skating tho :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Just now, BWOZWaltz said:

Nessie is widely known to many parts of the world including Japan. Japanese love all that UMA (unidentified mysterious animals) things. That pokemon - Lapras is actually based on Nessie so Yuzu would know what Nessie is.  But he wouldn't have a clue about what Nessie's got to do with him or his skating tho :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Oh, thanks, didn't know that! :68468287:

52 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

OT but this makes me think of a Japanese TV program they made after Sochi, it was about Mao who decided to visit countries which were connected to her skating music - she went to Vienna and then to Hungary. I don't remember much about the Viennese part but in Hungary she went visiting places related to Liszt and then to some sort ot tavern where there was live music and they played Monti csardas for her lol. It was fun.

That would be really awesome for Yuzu. Granted he already has CiONTU, but still. They could have him visit England first for Pooh-san's forest. And then Italy, Poland, Hungary (maybe we can get live Edvin Marton x Yuzu?), Moscow. He travels a lot for skating, but I don't think he gets opportunities to do tourist things. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

maybe we can get live Edvin Marton x Yuzu?

20 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, please :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

With all those Lambiel's collaborations, I would like to see some collaboration Marton x Yuzu x Plushenko... that could be interesting

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

It sounds like an excuse, but really, I would love for Yuzuru to come here because he would love it so much. The nature, the sights, the people. Usually Japanese and Koreans are very amazed by Italy's warmth, because it has an atmosphere that's very different, if not completely opposite, from East Asia. 

(and as historical rivals of the French, I am jealous)

I could whole heartedly get behind an Italian GP. I visited Venice and Florence last year and fell in love. Imagine Yuzu in Venice...think how inspired he might be by seeing something like the Basilica San Marco...

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I could whole heartedly get behind an Italian GP. I visited Venice and Florence last year and fell in love. Imagine Yuzu in Venice...think how inspired he might be by seeing something like the Basilica San Marco...

Oh, I think it would be epic if he did a photoshoot at Bomarzo Garden of Monsters :softYuzu:

1 hour ago, liv said:

Winnie (the actual, real bear) was from Northern Ontario... so he'd have to hop on a train to go there from Toronto. Not as cool as Prague, but hey, he loves nature, n.ontario has nature!!

He could use Blue Rodeo for the music ( for a N. Ontario inspired program)... I could totally see Yuzu doing Try or maybe 5 Days in May....