General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, meoima said:

There was a rumor that Italian fed was asked so... maybe...

Chinese Fed: "We are done with ISU events this season."

ISU: "Oh NOOOO. Korea, will you accept this?"

Korean fed: "Not profitable. Sorry."

ISU: "Oh, please, Italia, please accept this, Carolina is still competing, don't you see?"

Italian Fed: "Too expensive, NO."

ISU: "Finland, PLEASE WE BEG YOU!!! MY SAVIOR! YOU ARE THE GODMOTHER OF FIGURE SKATING!"

Finnish fed: "This godmother wants big names."

ISU: "Japan, Russia and China sweeties... I am very sorry but.. how about Hanyu, Zagitova and Sui/Han..."

JSF: ........

Russian fed: OK, then give Hanyu to us as well. XD

Chinese fed: Whatever. We are done with hosting events.

JSF:.....WHYYYYYYY.....

LOL this is probably closer to the truth than anything. 

24 minutes ago, meoima said:

ISU: "Oh, please, Italia, please accept this, Carolina is still competing, don't you see?"

ISU: "Finland, PLEASE WE BEG YOU!!! MY SAVIOR! YOU ARE THE GODMOTHER OF FIGURE SKATING!"

ISU: "Japan, Russia and China sweeties... I am very sorry but.. how about Hanyu, Zagitova and Sui/Han..."

This all is so amusing:smiley-laughing021: 

27 minutes ago, meoima said:

Chinese fed: Okay, but invite Boyang too. 

:1:

I wonder if Yuzuru can stay in Europe during those two weeks in between his GP events. I would be very glad if he managed to get a rink for himself. I've always thought jet lag threatens to play a huge role in an athlete's condition, and NHK's incident last year kinda confirmed it for me. 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I wonder if Yuzuru can stay in Europe during those two weeks in between his GP events. I would be very glad if he managed to get a rink for himself. I've always thought jet lag threatens to play a huge role in an athlete's condition, and NHK's incident last year kinda confirmed it for me. 

NHK incident wasn't so much because of jetlag as it was because his immune system crapped out and he got a fever from the travel. 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

NHK incident wasn't so much because of jetlag as it was because his immune system crapped out and he got a fever from the travel. 

Yes, but that's a normal reaction to a flight sometimes. You don't need to be super-fragile - although I guess Yuzuru kinda is. I've been deadest of the dead after long flights as well, and got fever during both of my longass trips (to be fair, in both cases I probably tired myself as much as Olympic athletes if not more LOL). 

If you fly to the place 1-2 weeks prior to the competition, you have more time to recover from eventual immune system crashes, weakness, fatigue and so on. That's what Shoma does and I've always thought it's a good decision. 

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, but that's a normal reaction to a flight sometimes. You don't need to be super-fragile - although I guess Yuzuru kinda is. I've been deadest of the dead after long flights as well, and got fever during both of my longass trips (to be fair, in both cases I probably tired myself as much as Olympic athletes if not more LOL). 

If you fly to the place 1-2 weeks prior to the competition, you have more time to recover from eventual immune system crashes, weakness, fatigue and so on. That's what Shoma does and I've always thought it's a good decision. 

But Shoma has basically a coach 24/7 who doesn't really have any other top skaters. Mihoko, bless her, can accompany him easily to a rink somewhere 1 week prior. 

I don't think TCC has that option with so many skaters to juggle. Though I guess Yuzu has trained alone without Brian before so it might be an option this time around, who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

With a big team like TCC its impossible to do that, unlike Shoma has his coach with him all the time. Not to mention, there's alot issue like money, accomodation, ice time. Its not a problem for Yuzuru but for alot of skaters out there. 

Yuzuru's doing well with jet lag, long filght in the last 8 years. Last year NHK was a series of unfortunate things combined.  

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I don't think TCC has that option with so many skaters to juggle. Though I guess Yuzu has trained alone without Brian before so it might be an option this time around, who knows. 

TCC has spread its coaches before, right? I know they have a lot of skaters, but maybe one coach can dedicate themselves to one skater for a bit - or maybe yeah, like you said, Yuzuru can train alone. I think the situation would be different from 2014-2015 season. 

1 hour ago, kiches said:

LOL this is probably closer to the truth than anything. 

So twitter folks have come up with this. Didier bragged about getting Yuzuru at IDF, Alina Zagitova said she did not think she could be at Russia.

Original GP assignments for the top skater might have been:

- Evgenia: SC and CoR 

- Yuzuru: NHK and IDF

- Alina: CoC and IDF

- Boyang: CoC and IDF

- Kolyada CoC and CoR

Then Chinese fed WD. ISU and the rest of other feds got a riddle to solve. Korea and Italia said no. Then the Finnish fed was kindly asked to step in (and they might have asked for Yuzuru). So after last minutes deal ISU have managed to get:

- All the original skaters at CoC moved to Finland (Alina, Boyang, Sui/han and Kolyada).

- Yuzuru to be moved from IDF to Finland because of hanyueconomy.

- Evgenia moved to IDF because no Yuzuru at IDF they need another big name to sell tickets for the French. And since Evgenia is moved to IDF, Alina is moved to CoR.

- Yuzuru to be moved from NHK to CoR because it is unwise to make him do back to back GP and Russian fed be like: "Ok we send Med to French but we want Hanyu here instead."

- JSF really wants Yuzuru at NHK but they never have issues with selling tickets anyway. 

Finnish and Russian Fed are so smart here. 

52 minutes ago, meoima said:

So twitter folks have come up with this. Didier bragged about getting Yuzuru at IDF, Alina Zagitova said she did not think she could be at Russia.

Original GP assignments for the top skater might have been:

- Evgenia: SC and CoR 

- Yuzuru: NHK and IDF

- Alina: CoC and IDF

- Boyang: CoC and IDF

- Kolyada CoC and CoR

Then Chinese fed WD. ISU and the rest of other feds got a riddle to solve. Korea and Italia said no. Then the Finnish fed was kindly asked to step in (and they might have asked for Yuzuru). So after last minutes deal ISU have managed to get:

- All the original skaters at CoC moved to Finland (Alina, Boyang, Sui/han and Kolyada).

- Yuzuru to be moved from IDF to Finland because of hanyueconomy.

- Evgenia moved to IDF because no Yuzuru at IDF they need another big name to sell tickets for the French. And since Evgenia is moved to IDF, Alina is moved to CoR.

- Yuzuru to be moved from NHK to CoR because it is unwise to make him do back to back GP and Russian fed be like: "Ok we send Med to French but we want Hanyu here instead."

- JSF really wants Yuzuru at NHK but they never have issues with selling tickets anyway. 

Finnish and Russian Fed are so smart here. 

So what you're saying is...I have the Chinese fed to blame for why Yuzu isn't going to IdF :yznotimpressed: I really thought he was going to go because it made the most sense based on what Nathan and Shouma were rumoured to get (which they did end up getting)