General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

This is so nice... I can stare at it all day

Honestly his spread eagles are basically my favourite of almost everything he does... Yes even the jumps! There's just something so.... Beautiful and elegant and serene about them. I just about died when he did that HUMONGOUS one during the second practice pre-Oly as he was going to bow.... 

3 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Honestly his spread eagles are basically my favourite of almost everything he does... Yes even the jumps! There's just something so.... Beautiful and elegant and serene about them. I just about died when he did that HUMONGOUS one during the second practice pre-Oly as he was going to bow.... 

I especally like the ones he did in Believe (Faoi 2015), and of course, the one you mentioned in pre-OG practice

32 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

LOL "very unique" :LOL: gotta love the politeness. 

I see it as being "Yuzu is known among us skaters for having very... Um... How do I put this...  unique warm up routines.... :tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow:"

3 hours ago, wpisces said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bluemist1120/status/970215377048190977

Look at Kolyada seeing Yuzu warming up in backstage :rofl:

Mikha look so confused and intrigued at the same time :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: but seriously what yuzu does standing on top of a roll thingy crossed on top of another roll thingy are there any name for those? I have no idea.. is so hard :rofl:

1 minute ago, freeyafanfan said:

Mikha look so confused and intrigued at the same time :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: but seriously what yuzu does standing on top of a roll thingy crossed on top of another roll thingy are there any name for those? I have no idea.. is so hard :rofl:

He even took a step forward to see better. :rofl:

1 hour ago, getsurenka said:

My Twitter had been in flames the past few days with the Japanese Yuzu fans trying to stop the spread of the misconceptions/lies people are putting up. I don't exactly know why but from what I can tell from their response it is concentrated from fans of Daiauke, Mao, and Shoma. One of the accusations they are spreading is that Yuzu wasn't in Sendai when the earthquake hit, and he had been taking advantage of the tragedy to boost his support in Japan. So the Yuzu fans uploaded this video clip, which was of a local news segment broadcasting the announcement from Sendai ice rink stating Yuzu had been on ice practicing when the earthquake hit, and was now safe. I believe this was the first ever news on Yuzu after the earthquake.

It's terrible that these things have to be brought up to prove that these Anti's accusations are ridiculous. The earthquake was a trauma for Yuzuru as for thousands of people in Japan (and I remember being very panicked about it myself when it happened, researching to find out whether the Japanese people I knew were okay) and bringing it up will be painful for him, so yeah, he should really stay off the social media - I hope his family will take control of it and let him enjoy life away from electrical devices! 

24 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

It's terrible that these things have to be brought up to prove that these Anti's accusations are ridiculous. The earthquake was a trauma for Yuzuru as for thousands of people in Japan (and I remember being very panicked about it myself when it happened, researching to find out whether the Japanese people I knew were okay) and bringing it up will be painful for him, so yeah, he should really stay off the social media - I hope his family will take control of it and let him enjoy life away from electrical devices! 

As far as I know, this accusation has been put forward by some Takahashi fans for years. I admit, I'm curious what their arguments are, considering all the evidence that Yuzu was there. I mean, even they'd have to admit he'd deserve a few Oscars for interpretation, if all his reactions whenever he went back and had to relive those events in order to keep the earthquake fresh in people's memories were faked. It takes a lot of skill to fake that much emotion. :3:

In a different way, it doesn't even matter. He's been doing so much for the devastated areas and he keeps raising awareness of things still left to do, that it shouldn't even matter if he was there or not. That he was and he has his own trauma is part of why he succeeded, but if he hadn't been there, it would make his work even more impressive. To do all that without the emotional connection.

And on top of it, I doubt that's why they're thinking of giving him the award, or else they should have done it some time back already. The two Olympics Golf Medals are more likely to have something to do with it, methinks. :9:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64806-Yuzuru-Hanyu-2017-18-Season&p=2015354&viewfull=1#post2015354

@yude has been very kind to share with us some content of Yuzu's new book! Thank you!

Since the new book doesn't cover the PC Olympics... does that mean we can look forward to another book in few years time?

(And I am really loving my Twitter timeline right now, what a complete 180 degrees change!)