General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, wpisces said:

Because this time we all know about his situation, it gonna be easier to accept the truth than the last time when he was suddenly injured and forced to withdraw. 

I know I should be patient and I really try my best to keep myself positive as much as possible, but sometimes just thinking about what he is suffering makes me ill :facepalm: 

Anyway he doesn't need to do any competitions before PC. If he is mentally ready for Olympics, he will be ready to compete and accept whatever may come. 

After all the bad things having happened to him, he better win Olympics 

And after his second OGM, someone better write a book or make a movie about his life . What a dramatic life ! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:  

And I think the fans should get a featurette. 

There's been some discussion about training right before the Olympics and where it should be.  Right now Yuzu and Javi are Brian's top priorities so it would be very possible and practical for Brian and Tracy to head to Japan or Korea to work on polishing those two in the run-up to the games, particularly  if Yuzu goes to 4CC.  Japan's in the same time zone as Korea and I don't think it would be difficult for Brian to find a rink in Japan for his two skater's to practice.  I would almost think there'd be a competition amongst various rinks to be the one because it would put whichever one is chosen in the media spotlight.  By that time Yuzu's day to day activities would be a major element of Japanese media concerns.  I also think there will be (as if there already isn't) major media spotlights on a 'rivalry' between Yuzu and Shoma.  To have two of a nation's skaters viewed as very potential Olympic gold medalists in the same discipline will be like manna from heaven for the media.  Just as in 1988 there was a big media spotlight on the so-called 'battle of the Brians (Orser and Boitano), there is going to be a big push on Yuzu and Shoma, and it won't be just the Japanese media.  Sports journalism everywhere loves athlete rivalries and the media will do everything it can to spotlight Yuzu and Shoma, since such rivalries keep the viewers and readers coming back for more.  I think the Yuzu/Shoma rivalry will be one of the big human interest stories of these upcoming games.  How real that rivalry is, though, I won't say.  I think if there is one, it's more on Shoma's side then Yuzu.  Yuzu will not be focusing on besting Shoma as much as he will be focusing on getting the gold.  Shoma, however, I'm quite sure will be thinking about any of his gold medal chances as being contingent on surpassing Yuzu.  With Yuzu likely out of Japanese nationals and almost certainly wanting to get one competition under his belt, I think he will go to 4CC.  Would Shoma go?  Quite probably.  And Boyang, who's temporarily off the ice, might use 4CC to put him back in the spotlight.  If Nathan goes, it will mean there are four Olympic gold hopefuls there, a dream come true for the 4CC organizers.  I would not be surprised if Patrick decides to enter, also, since he might feel he needs a competition to put him into the desired competitive mindset.  That would have five of the top gold medal prospects there.  Javi won't be there since being European,  he's ineligible. The international media will look at the line-up at 4CC as a 'preview of the upcoming games.  So even if (as is likely) Yuzu misses nationals there will be that one chance to measure himself against the field at 4CC.  I don't think he'll be one to miss that.  The most frustrating thing of all for all of us is that we won't see Yuzu for another two months.  Summers are long enough not to see our guy in action (except in the shows).  We shouldn't have to deal with a prolonged absence during the season.  The one consolation is that when we finally see him out on the ice and ready to rack up the points, it will be so much the sweeter to welcome him back.  

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Imagine the determination to do it all perfectly at the Olympics because he missed nationals and lost his fifth GPF gold. The murderface is going to be epic.

the thirst is real

8 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Something funny to cheer you up.. cause i have a feeling last minute WD will be coming...

:rofl:

3 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Maybe he'll made a special appearance through video :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: at least then we could see a bit of him if he really WD

Ikr :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5: reminded me of Adam's twitter post of him clarifying his booty is real and don't use buttpads :rofl: and no one asked Yuzu's while he was wearing the purple pants of sin? it's much more noticeable than Adam's!

i did asked myself, more than a few times... it was hard to believe

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Imagine the determination to do it all perfectly at the Olympics because he missed nationals and lost his fifth GPF gold. The murderface is going to be epic.

This is what worries me--that he won't be sufficiently relaxed to skate his best. 

The Cricket Club always has mock skating events before worlds, right? So they probably will have one before the Olympics. Yuzu hasn't done them in the past but perhaps he will this time if he's physically able.