General Yuzuru Chat

According to Sports Hochi...

Interviewer:Is the current layout the maximum difficulty you can do?

Yuzu: I haven't decided when to stop skating. I would like to jump the 4A in the future so this is not maximum difficulty.

Interviewer: Does this mean you will try it in competition?

Yuzu: Yes (immediately). I know it is difficult to accomplish before PyeongChang, so I will need to think about it... (It is a jump with high risk of burdening the ankle.) I haven't included it in my practice. Just done it for fun.

Please forgive my bad English.

OK, this is not exactly unexpected but still... what a roller coaster to be a Yuzu fan, even after the competition. :facepalm:

I love it when he's so commanding and freaking handsome (Yes, I mean handsome! Can I say I love the new hairstyle?) on ice but suddenly all-round adorable when he's not on killer-mode. That "Yurushite" melted my heart...:13877886:

Thank you guys for all those beautiful photos and videos, I felt like I just had the best weekend.

I couldn't think of a better way to end the first GP: got the pretty 4Lz baby, a much better SEIMEI 2.0, the flower boy hug and lovely Nathan-Yuzu interactions... Now I can just find a quiet corner and cry over the return of the swan...

12 minutes ago, norwhite said:

Interviewer: Does this mean you will try it in competition?

Yuzu: Yes (immediately).

LOL we can say hello to Yuzu skating up to 2021 then. He will need at least 2 years to have a +5goe worth 4A, right? AHHAHAHA *happiness* 

About retirement, I don’t think Yuzu will retire until he feels that he CAN’T improve anymore. We all know he loves the sport, loves competitions so much that he wants to stick with figure skating as long as possible. As long as he feels he can continue to improve, i’m sure he will remain with us. That’s why I always think that only after PyeongChang can we know if he will continue. Until now, I’m sure he only focus on practicing for OWG without think about retiring. So we have to wait until after OWG to know his intention. Of course, as a fan, I always hope he will continue to compete at least two next seasons. 
About COR, I think the biggest issue he has to deal with is his stamina with a difficult 5-quad program. That is why towards the end of performance, he becomes slow and sloppy. Also, he needs to concentrate more while competing. Once he’s able to solve these problem, we will definitely see great performances from him.
P/s: Forgive me for my poor English. I haven’t learned English for a long time. So hope you guys can understand my thoughts T.T