General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

It was on Stars on Ice 2014 and he commented on Vertigo (his 2012 performance). I think he said something like he really didn't want to see it. hahaha (me too actually... too much second hand embarrassment...)

You would have been very handy in Farenheit 451 with that memory of yours.

34 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

It was on Stars on Ice 2014 and he commented on Vertigo (his 2012 performance). I think he said something like he really didn't want to see it. hahaha (me too actually... too much second hand embarrassment...)

yea, that outfit too :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

but then agian, there are a lot of things i wouldnt want to remember when i was 15...

1 hour ago, the50person said:

Of all editions of Vertigo they had to choose this...😂 I wish he got the chance to react to the 2014 (or was it 2015) ver of Vertigo though...that sensuous hip roll was a killer.

In a broadcast of FaOI 2015, there was a short interview inserted after Vertigo and the interviewer actually asked him about the hip roll and the reaction he received from the audience. His answer was "I would rather it be unmentioned..." :laughing:

There's a very interesting article called "Hanyu History" in Nikkan Sports. It's Yuzu's story from childhood years, I didn't know some facts. I've read a translation to Russian in VK group, so maybe someone can translate it to English? @gladi maybe? Don't want to do a translation from translation really.

It says after WC 2012 he said goodbye to his friends at his hometown ice rink, then went to nearby shop where he usually sharpened his skates and cried there cuz he didn't want to go to Canada :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:poor bb, but it's understandable really, not everybody is brave enough to go to a foreign country and leave half a family behind. But I think he knows it was worth it now :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

For now there're five parts published and seems like more to come. The first one about child!Yuzu is the cutest :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709120000402.html?utm_source=headlines.yahoo.co.jp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=20170913-00001264-nksports-spo

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709130000160.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709140000139.html

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709150000199.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709160000195.html

19 minutes ago, Lunna said:

There's a very interesting article called "Hanyu History" in Nikkan Sports. It's Yuzu's story from childhood years, I didn't know some facts. I've read a translation to Russian in VK group, so maybe someone can translate it to English? @gladi maybe? Don't want to do a translation from translation really.

It says after WC 2012 he said goodbye to his friends at his hometown ice rink, then went to nearby shop where he usually sharpened his skates and cried there cuz he didn't want to go to Canada :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:poor bb, but it's understandable really, not everybody is brave enough to go to a foreign country and leave half a family behind. But I think he knows it was worth it now :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

For now there're five parts published and seems like more to come. The first one about child!Yuzu is the cutest :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709120000402.html?utm_source=headlines.yahoo.co.jp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=20170913-00001264-nksports-spo

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709130000160.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709140000139.html

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709150000199.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201709160000195.html

Thank you for sharing! I'll take a more proper look tomorrow, though.

I'm sure deciding to go to Canada was extremely hard for him. It's sad to hear that at least on a personal level, he didn't want to go... Personally, I think going to Canada was definitely the best thing for him, for multiple reasons. Not just the skating improvements, but also I think he was able to find a safe place and a quiet place where he could just focus on skating. I'm not sure how much he was able to do that in Sendai, with the area still recovering and constant reminders, plus the media attention and the pressure/responsibility of being the top skater at his rink. And then as his popularity grew and he won the Olympics, Canada sheltered him from even more media attention, and increasingly more fans and of course, the politics. In Canada, he can just skate. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he quickly learned it was worth it... (sorry for the rant, I've long been thinking about this and this was a great opportunity to let it out lol)

51 минуту назад, KatjaThera сказал:

I'm sure deciding to go to Canada was extremely hard for him. It's sad to hear that at least on a personal level, he didn't want to go... Personally, I think going to Canada was definitely the best thing for him, for multiple reasons. Not just the skating improvements, but also I think he was able to find a safe place and a quiet place where he could just focus on skating. I'm not sure how much he was able to do that in Sendai, with the area still recovering and constant reminders, plus the media attention and the pressure/responsibility of being the top skater at his rink. And then as his popularity grew and he won the Olympics, Canada sheltered him from even more media attention, and increasingly more fans and of course, the politics. In Canada, he can just skate. So yeah, I'm pretty sure he quickly learned it was worth it... (sorry for the rant, I've long been thinking about this and this was a great opportunity to let it out lol)

I actually agree. I think that time it was hard to predict that media and fans attention will blow out of proportion, so Canada will become his safe place, but as I understand Sendai just don't have enough facilities to train top sportsmen so he has to move somewhere anyway. I'm glad he ended up in Canada (even though there were not always bright times), seeing his tight hugs with Brian and Tracy nowadays just warms my heart :10742289:

12 hours ago, Dori6886 said:

I will be in the process of moving in to new flat during the day and watching ACI stream during the night. I have no idea how I will survive it :Poohgaveup:

As a someone who just recently moved herself, I'm going to cheer for you from the bottom of my heart...:POOH:

10 hours ago, kaerb said:

'I still have some regrets about that axel' (I think he says the landing was a bit crunchy? PERFECTIONIST AF)

I think he whined a bit on the landing being too reliant on a toe or something (lol, the only thing I caught from the mass of kanjis on the screen is the kana for toe xD)

10 hours ago, kaerb said:

I like the implication he's just gonna critique and nitpick on his entire performance LOL.

Salt attacks! Hope he sweat it all out!:salty: But seriously, I would understand the nitpicking for the NHK (Chopin's Salchow...-,-' I still don't know how he saves that aside of Japanese knee-powerTM

6 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I just caught up with all the Nathan and Shoma news cause i was buzy with life.. all i can think is how TCC is reacting to this news. [...]But even with this hype around the young ones i'm just sooo excited to see the cricket brothers competing together again! But for sure GPF and Oly will be a bloodbath with all the top 6 competing together.

Every time somebody mentions TCC reacting to the, excuse my wording, Sh*tstorm that is ISU and quad-craze oriented stuff, I think about two things: first, this wonderful Emoji of  Brian here :knc_brian2: that somehow got translated for me as 'lol, nope' (as in 'lol, nope, it's my skater with two quads less than yours who still beats his own records'). So:

Reading old icenetwork article and having to read things like: "Hanyu jumps big enough, but could start rotating quicker for my taste"?> :knc_brian2:

Reading whines about Cricket skaters being overscored?> :knc_brian2:

Getting dissed for preferring Rippons over Tanos?>:knc_brian2: (not really, original Tanos are/were really nice too, sorry Brian)

Separating artistic and athletic programs, aka returning to compulsory? >:knc_brian2: (sorry for bringing cancer up again, especially with Brian's face so close >.<)

AAAnd the second thing, is this incorrect quote I've read long, long time ago on tumblr:

My children are strange, but they are brave and powerful and impeccably groomed”

—   Brian Orser

Now I also kinda remember Brian casually throwing shade at the judges holding back on his skaters, but that's kinda fitting with the quote from above-sorry for the long rant! Also hyped for Cricket Brothers sharing the Challenger series!

8 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Every time somebody mentions TCC reacting to the, excuse my wording, Sh*tstorm that is ISU and quad-craze oriented stuff, I think about two things: first, this wonderful Emoji of  Brian here :knc_brian2: that somehow got translated for me as 'lol, nope' (as in 'lol, nope, it's my skater with two quads less than yours who still beats his own records').

You are right :laughing: 

This emoji of Brian truly has a healing effect for salty and anxious souls :laughing: 

Also, this man says he is excited about the Olympics :biggrin: One part of me is thinking: 'Really, Brian???', but the other one just wants to trust him and believe that everything is gonna be alright  :knc_brian2: 

50 minutes ago, Smultron said:

You are right :laughing: 

This emoji of Brian truly has a healing effect for salty and anxious souls :laughing: 

Also, this man says he is excited about the Olympics :biggrin: One part of me is thinking: 'Really, Brian???', but the other one just wants to trust him and believe that everything is gonna be alright  :knc_brian2: 

And...this emoji says, "I don't want to lose my hair anymore ..pls" :knc_brian3: 

Oh poor Brian.. :xD:

Oh, and I want to say that I LOVEEEEE the new banner!!! I just comeback here in the planet and try to catch up with the news here.. Lol lots of news!!! BTW, I can't wait for ACI!!  Good luck for yuzu and you guys who are coming to see him live!! :smiley-happy085:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Hi everyone. :smiley-happy085: I'm new to this FS world so please educate me. Fell for Yuzu during this year WC by accident and looking forward to my first season with him. :snpeace:

Hello and welcome! :7938863: You've entered the FS world at a very heated time... Olympic Season. So, don't be scared off if things get too intense especially as the games come closer. hehehe

3 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

As a someone who just recently moved herself, I'm going to cheer for you from the bottom of my heart...:POOH:

I think he whined a bit on the landing being too reliant on a toe or something (lol, the only thing I caught from the mass of kanjis on the screen is the kana for toe xD)

Salt attacks! Hope he sweat it all out!:salty: But seriously, I would understand the nitpicking for the NHK (Chopin's Salchow...-,-' I still don't know how he saves that aside of Japanese knee-powerTM

Every time somebody mentions TCC reacting to the, excuse my wording, Sh*tstorm that is ISU and quad-craze oriented stuff, I think about two things: first, this wonderful Emoji of  Brian here :knc_brian2: that somehow got translated for me as 'lol, nope' (as in 'lol, nope, it's my skater with two quads less than yours who still beats his own records'). So:

Reading old icenetwork article and having to read things like: "Hanyu jumps big enough, but could start rotating quicker for my taste"?> :knc_brian2:

Reading whines about Cricket skaters being overscored?> :knc_brian2:

Getting dissed for preferring Rippons over Tanos?>:knc_brian2: (not really, original Tanos are/were really nice too, sorry Brian)

Separating artistic and athletic programs, aka returning to compulsory? >:knc_brian2: (sorry for bringing cancer up again, especially with Brian's face so close >.<)

AAAnd the second thing, is this incorrect quote I've read long, long time ago on tumblr:

My children are strange, but they are brave and powerful and impeccably groomed”

—   Brian Orser

Now I also kinda remember Brian casually throwing shade at the judges holding back on his skaters, but that's kinda fitting with the quote from above-sorry for the long rant! Also hyped for Cricket Brothers sharing the Challenger series!

your post is visually really interesting...:knc_brian2:on each line...I am wonder if Yuzu ever sees this, what will he react? actually all the posts here with a lot of emoticons are awesome!... and again, we need more faces...more...we have more...let's do it...we have the king of expression, his team and his pooh...come on~:darklordyuzu: