General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Hi everyone. :smiley-happy085: I'm new to this FS world so please educate me. Fell for Yuzu during this year WC by accident and looking forward to my first season with him. :snpeace:

Best accident of your life, right? It was an accident for me, too. Two years in a row I accidentally turned the TV on, not knowing figure skating was even broadcast in this country, and saw an incredible Japanese boy skating like the forces of nature. Welcome to not having space in your life for anything else! 

Currently sitting on the airport waiting to board. Did I mention this is my first time flying?

Can I just take this post to say how glad I am that I surrendered to Trollzuru Hanyu because my life is a thousand times more interesting now and I'm doing things I never thought I would do :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:?

Thank you Yuzu, for coming into my life. I'm grateful that I'll be able to support you in the first competition of this very important season 💖 

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Currently sitting on the airport waiting to board. Did I mention this is my first time flying?

Can I just take this post to say how glad I am that I surrendered to Trollzuru Hanyu because my life is a thousand times more interesting now and I'm doing things I never thought I would do :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:?

Thank you Yuzu, for coming into my life. I'm grateful that I'll be able to support you in the first competition of this very important season 💖 

Have a safe flight :heart:

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Have a good flight!

becoming a fan of someone like Yuzu is great because it can encourage you in even small ways. My first big fandom thing encouraged me to Move to Korea and pursue a teaching career while still keeping photography as a hobby. So far being a Yuzu fan has made me feel better about leaving Korea and encouraged me to be a bit more grown up and sort out my finances XDDD

11 hours ago, kaeryth said:

It was on Stars on Ice 2014 and he commented on Vertigo (his 2012 performance). I think he said something like he really didn't want to see it. hahaha (me too actually... too much second hand embarrassment...)

petition to give @kaeryth a 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Yuzu Video Edition quiz :laughing:

I totally got second hand embarrassment from this costume (save the child) but that's.......okay....... 

Yuzu: 'I really don't want to watch this. Really, I don't want to watch.'

Mai: How is it, Hanyu-senshuu?

Yuzu: Oh no.... I really don't want to watch this.'

Mai: It was 2010, your first time performing at Stars on Ice. It was when Hanyu-senshu was 15. You hadn't grown to your current height yet right?

Yuzu: That was probably the season when I was growing. And also the season I stopped growing. 

Mai: Do you remember that time? 

Yuzu: I remember. I can probably still do it (the routine). I jumped the 4T for the first time during practice at that Stars on Ice. 

Mai: You've progressed and evolved incredibly in these four years but when you look back on this performance, how do you feel?

Yuzu: I was unpolished. I was pretty unpolished. 

Mai: You also did the ina bauer here

Yuzu: Yes, I have always been doing the ina bauer. It was around this time I started doing the hydroblade. Maybe started a year before this?

Mai: You were so flexible, doing the Biellmann spin too.

Yuzu: Thank you

Mai: Is it nostalgic for you? 

Yuzu: Very nostalgic. ...I was skating too intensely with all my strength and not smiling at all! Ah...the coming Salchow. I was nervous each time for this next Salchow.

That was dangerous, wasn't it? (talking about the landing)

Mai: At the time, was 15yr old Hanyu Yuzuru imagining himself becoming the Olympic Gold Medallist?

Yuzu: No, it wasn't so much imagining as making it a goal to strive for. ... my style probably hasn't changed much, I was always trying with all my strength and working hard with all my strength. 

(and then they talk about Yuzu performing Hana Ni Nare)

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

petition to give @kaeryth a 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Yuzu Video Edition quiz :laughing:

I totally got second hand embarrassment from this costume (save the child) but that's.......okay....... 

Yuzu: 'I really don't want to watch this. Really, I don't want to watch.'

Mai: How is it, Hanyu-senshuu?

Yuzu: Oh no.... I really don't want to watch this.'

Mai: It was 2010, your first time performing at Stars on Ice. It was when Hanyu-senshu was 15. You hadn't grown to your current height yet right?

Yuzu: That was probably the season when I was growing. And also the season I stopped growing. 

Mai: Do you remember that time? 

Yuzu: I remember. I can probably still do it (the routine). I jumped the 4T for the first time during practice at that Stars on Ice. 

Mai: You've progressed and evolved incredibly in these four years but when you look back on this performance, how do you feel?

Yuzu: I was unpolished. I was pretty unpolished. 

Mai: You also did the ina bauer here

Yuzu: Yes, I have always been doing the ina bauer. It was around this time I started doing the hydroblade. Maybe started a year before this?

Mai: You were so flexible, doing the Biellmann spin too.

Yuzu: Thank you

Mai: Is it nostalgic for you? 

Yuzu: Very nostalgic. ...I was skating too intensely with all my strength and not smiling at all! Ah...the coming Salchow. I was nervous each time for this next Salchow.

That was dangerous, wasn't it? (talking about the landing)

Mai: At the time, was 15yr old Hanyu Yuzuru imagining himself becoming the Olympic Gold Medallist?

Yuzu: No, it wasn't so much imagining as making it a goal to strive for. ... my style probably hasn't changed much, I was always trying with all my strength and working hard with all my strength. 

(and then they talk about Yuzu performing Hana Ni Nare)

Thanks for all your work (and for saving us from having to watch the cringe!) So this must have been when Nobu saw him land his first ever quad on his first try the first day he tried it!

48 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Have a safe and amazing trip! Please stay alive long enough to report back to us! 

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

Have a save flight, enjoy the ride :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Have a safe and enjoyable flight. We will be arriving on Tuesday. Looking forward to meeting you!

Hello,

Introducing myself as a new inhabitant of the planet (for the second time, I watched Lombardia with a few of the awesome folks here and was impressed by both the knowledge and the passion. Not to forget the banter, too. :D). I'm so glad I decided to join the forum before ACI because I doubt my ability to handle it on my own. My first time streaming a Yuzu competition in realtime, so I expect to be full of feels and.. a little dead afterwards. I'm sure sharing the feels will help me survive!

Cheers, everybody!

PS: I'm a total figure skating noob so please forgive any stupid mistakes I make, and if you feel like correcting me, please please do, I'd appreciate it! :DancingAlien:

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Hello,

Introducing myself as a new inhabitant of the planet (for the second time, I watched Lombardia with a few of the awesome folks here and was impressed by both the knowledge and the passion. Not to forget the banter, too. :D). I'm so glad I decided to join the forum before ACI because I doubt my ability to handle it on my own. My first time streaming a Yuzu competition in realtime, so I expect to be full of feels and.. a little dead afterwards. I'm sure sharing the feels will help me survive!

Cheers, everybody!

PS: I'm a total figure skating noob so please forgive any stupid mistakes I make, and if you feel like correcting me, please please do, I'd appreciate it! :DancingAlien:

Welcome! :10742289: 

Don't worry, we've all been there, but being in a place like this really helps to build up some basic knowledge about fs very fast. Plus, you don't need to know all the tech stuff to appreciate performances, right? I had been clueless about the tech elements for years before I found out there was a massive fs fandom online and finally learned how to tell the jumps apart, how the scores really work (or don't work lol) and stuff.... 

I can't believe there are only a couple of days left till ACI... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: 

2 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Welcome! :10742289: 

Don't worry, we've all been there, but being in a place like this really helps to build up some basic knowledge about fs very fast. Plus, you don't need to know all the tech stuff to appreciate performances, right? I had been clueless about the tech elements for years before I found out there was a massive fs fandom online and finally learned how to tell the jumps apart, how the scores really work (or don't work lol) and stuff.... 

I can't believe there are only a couple of days left till ACI... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: 

I play 'identify the jumps' when I watch and my success rate so far is... not good... :confused: As for identifying turns and steps... Well... :facepalm:  I tend to go 'That's a mo---ctaw--urn?'  :laughing:

Then I decided to just learn Yuzu's planned layout so I know what to expect, but then... The Evil Trollzuru, so I bet anything that won't work.

But I'm so glad I found this forum, and then plucked up the courage to post, but everybody's been so friendly and welcoming, it's brilliant. I'm so glad I accidentally and randomly stumbled across that World's free skate because wow, that's the most beautiful and graceful thing I've ever seen. More beautiful than dolphins.