General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Somebody please tell me why NBC did this to themselves :roll:

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/1339998333578960896?s=20

Something very cute if you scroll down the thread - Alexa and Chris Knierim both replied individually, and each listed the other as the best athlete they'd ever seen live. Aww!:love: married people goals...

Ok, so for this year FP I have 3 wishes (in this order):

1. Yuzuru, I beg, put 1 combo in the first part. Eteri long time ago realised that it's not worth it to backload everything.:dpooh:

2. First combo spin in FP: Hanyu, you stubborn cat, there is no way you will do this biellmann in competition again. Maybe it's time to change this placeholder spin (even when it meets all features and bullets needed)? I don't like when combo spins don't end with some upright position.:tumblr_inline_n2pjcxHG0t1qdlkyg:

3. (can be combined with wish 1) 3a-eu-4s:10814716:

8 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Now I'm sad that we're none of us able to be in the audience for that first big reveal of the year. That is really one of the best parts of ACI every year. 

On the other hand, it's nice that the privilege will go to a Japanese  audience this year.

I can only be sad that there's no fancams, so screams will be turned down by TV:rofl3:

Though if we will finally see Yuzu, I can not be sad even with no fancams rule.

32 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

TSL has a new video up (I haven't watched it but the title of the video is JNats preview and Yuzu is on the thumbnail) so I just went there and read a comment from TSL saying that Yuzu has two new programs that some skaters have seen. I don't know who they mean but we'll find it out soon. 

Well, in this case it wouldn't be a big surprise tbh. Jeff has dropped the hint on a new SP already.

But I'm always rolling my eyes, where they get their "exclusive" information from... I feel, they're just bluffing to get klicks.

I'm a bit more concerned about the 4A hype on Spark. Sure, Yuzu said that the 4A is his priority now, but he shouldn't be pressured into anything. He has had enough injuries because of the quad madness already. I hope, he only brings that jump, if he himself feels that it's ready for competition. I mean... JNats is not even an international competition, so it wouldn't count as a "first" anyway.

37 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

TSL has a new video up (I haven't watched it but the title of the video is JNats preview and Yuzu is on the thumbnail) so I just went there and read a comment from TSL saying that Yuzu has two new programs that some skaters have seen. I don't know who they mean but we'll find it out soon. 

I've listened to some of it - 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!  No trustworthy source imo so I think they are just guessing!

54 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

"Some skaters" have seen?  I should think that "some" is pretty much exclusively Jeff, Brian, Ghislain and possibly a couple of skaters training at the rink in Sendai (but even that is unlikely).

7 minutes ago, barbara said:

"Some skaters" have seen?  I should think that "some" is pretty much exclusively Jeff, Brian, Ghislain and possibly a couple of skaters training at the rink in Sendai (but even that is unlikely).

They do not have any sources in Sendai, because if they did, they would start to spread rumours already in summer and tell much more that "oh, he has new programs".

Ice Rink Sendai managed to keep info about him for years from tabloids, but suddenly some youtubers from USA know something? Please...🙄

I feel like Yuzu acomplished as he is, he literally has every tittle he could want, golden slam, he has done it all, so ofc now his interest lies in being the first (and probs only for a long time) to land a 4A in competition. I wouldnt be surprised if he starts trying as soon as he feels capable. Ofc I also think he would never try it in competition unless he has consistently (fairly consistenly) gotten it in pracitice and thus far I think from what he has said that wasnt close to happening. Really curious to hear where he is at now from his own mouth. 
But I definitely think he is more motivated to land the 4A than get more tittles, and I am not saying he is going to go out there to face plant but definitely think he is not afraid and wont be conservative where he could win without it he will instead try to land that jump, and I think its completely understandable.