General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu officially started the program around one hour ago. A dear Japanese friend translated it for me and I want to share it with you: 

“In 2020, the world changed. But slowly, everyone is starting to move forward. Although we are physically apart, let’s unite in our hearts and move forward. My first step, and your first step, may well be a step forward to change someone’s tomorrow.  So here we are now, it’s not the 43rd, but the first time in this ‘new normal’ era- 24Hr TV, ‘Moving’, starts now.”

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: beautiful words!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

16 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Yuzu officially launched the program about an hour ago. A dear Japanese friend translated it for me and I want to share it with you: 

“In 2020 the world has changed. But slowly everyone is moving forward. Although we are physically separated, we want to unite in our hearts and move forward. My first step, and your first step, could be a step forward in changing someone's tomorrow. So here we are now, it's not the 43rd, but it's the first time in this "new normal" era - 24 hour TV, "Moving", starts now. "

: tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: beautiful words!!! : tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

Many thanks for sharing  :img_20:

: softYuzu:

23 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Yuzu officially started the program around one hour ago. A dear Japanese friend translated it for me and I want to share it with you: 

“In 2020, the world changed. But slowly, everyone is starting to move forward. Although we are physically apart, let’s unite in our hearts and move forward. My first step, and your first step, may well be a step forward to change someone’s tomorrow.  So here we are now, it’s not the 43rd, but the first time in this ‘new normal’ era- 24Hr TV, ‘Moving’, starts now.”

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: beautiful words!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

What does he mean by “it’s not the 43rd”?

2 hours ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I wonder why Nessun Dorma (Shoma's Turandot program????) and Con Te Partiro were the background tracks for the first clip... :peekapooh:(though I can't blame them, they're brilliant pieces)

Nessun Dorma is the theme music for TV Asahi's coverage of the GP series as well as Figure Skating Legend Program, so I guess it's probably because of its strong association with FS? 🤔

5 hours ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I wonder why Nessun Dorma (Shoma's Turandot program????) and Con Te Partiro were the background tracks for the first clip... :peekapooh:(though I can't blame them, they're brilliant pieces)

Turandot in Japan is Shizuka Arakawa's Olympic winning program before being Shoma's program. Since when she won the first OGM for Japanese in figure skating, it hasn't been rare to hear Nessun Dorma in an FS-related segment/program on Japanese TV. I think Nessun Dorma is an easy one to use as a background track as well because it has a beautiful melody that is not overly dramatic and distracting.