General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Rianon said:

He should have took the cake and throw it at the judges...

Omg I would personally love to be hit on the face with a cake from Yuzuru. But only if it is from Yuzu. When something is from Yuzu, it becomes magical lol. 😃👍

Anyway I need to sleep now but after some rest, I have tons to say about the unfair scoring, ISU politics, why Yuzu needs the 4A to turn the tables and change the game around, the obsession ISU has with new faces and new "stars", Yuzu mentioning his old age during press con and why I think Yuzu is an exception to that rule until he turns 27~28 ish, confusion as to why ISU doesn't acknowledge "total package" qualities in men's field but acknowledges it in the ladies field, why I think I-Scope statistics should be included in the protocol for all Quads and Triple axels in the future for fair judging, the importance of jump height and distances when grading GOE, and the underevaluated spin scores, the need to factor PCS higher in Men's especially because of quads, and the need to lengthen free skate back up by 30 seconds.

Whew. I will elaborate on them very soon. 

But here's one thing I want to say before I go to bed. 

Why aren't they showing the i-scope statistics for all jumps in the protocol sheet if they can measure jump distances and height now?

I believe we need to add the exact jump distance and height on quads and 3As on the protocol for more calculative, objectively measurable grading on the GOEs. The landing and transitions can't be measured with numbers, but jump scales can. We need to add more objective factors when grading jump GOEs. 

Today I saw Yuzu jump a 4lz noticeably bigger than Nathan's but it didn't get rewarded in comparison. I am tired of seeing Yuzu's biggest strengths being undervalued and being ignored right in front of them when they now have the scientific technology to measure jump scales. 

:offtopic2:This has nothing to do with Yuzu, so i'm sorry but i wanted to ask. 

If anyone has experience being a volunteer at bigger ISU events and has time to entertain some questions from me, please shoot me a DM.

I'm thinking about applying as a volunteer for Worlds 2021 and need some insight. I would mostly want information about the different kinds of positions and jobs there usually are to do at an event so i can specify what areas interest me in the application, as well as information about the amount of time i would have to put aside so i have a realistic picture of the commitment. 

(Just letting people know that i will probably be slow to reply as i'll be away from home for the next 24 hours, but i promise i'll get back to you eventually if you message me!). 

8 hours ago, Kat said:

Wow, whatever person or group did that needs to rethink their choices...that...common sense should tell someone the K&C isnt the right time...pretty rude.

Yeah, I'm sorry to have to ask (especially since I just posted my birthday wishes to the ice king Yuzuru-kun), but when was this? Is there any videos about his reaction?

26 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

Yeah, I'm sorry to have to ask (especially since I just posted my birthday wishes to the ice king Yuzuru-kun), but when was this? Is there any videos about his reaction?

Skip to 8:00 and watch. Lasts until 8:15 or so..but yeah, he wasnt thrilled. He gave her an X to decline. Not like he was rude to her, but timing was poor.

Yuzu, I am a loss for words today. An unusual condition for a trial lawyer…

Today you demonstrated everything that you are... Determination and perseverance in the face of adversity, gracious acceptance of bitter results, kindness to your rivals, appreciation for your fans, a positive outlook for the future… You are only 25 years old, but mature beyond your years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

9 hours ago, alwaysafan said:

I'm at home after watching him skate and I'm still not ready to talk or read about it. I just wanted to ask if anyone filmed the post victory celebratory laps? Towards the end the crowd chanted again happy birthday and it warmed my heart.

Me and other 5 people screamed "Happy Birthday Yuzu" right after the music stopped at the end of the victory lap - we did it two times, and I screamed so hard that my heart skipped a beat and I felt like fainting LOL - I have a sore throat today but it was worth it if he could hear it. 

12 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I see a lot of Japanese fans talking about the ill timing of this on twitter and are rather angry with the timing. Jp Fanyus are angry because now some people in Japan who are not fans of Yuzu are bashing Yuzu for declining a cake from an innocent girl and it is exactly why japanese fanyus didn't want to do any birthday treat for Yuzu during Kiss and Cry. Because Japanese media and public sometimes like to twist little things Yuzu does to fabricate something about his personality. They  have a great desire to pull him down, to find little things to twist into a "Yuzu is cold" story. We want Yuzu to stop running into situations that are unusual and abnormal or situations that make him feel uncomfortable. We want him to stop running into uncomfortable situations he feels the need to decline on the spot. 

On one side I agree, on the other one, I'd say... chill. Japanese people need to chill on all sides. It was just a cake, Yuzuru just happened to reject it because it wasn't the right mood/moment, that's literally it. If crazy people go lenghts to interpret the 'thing' then they are just crazy people, you should not give them so much space and should not think about it too much. It was a cute thought from the organizer of the event, but it wasn't the right moment, that's all. You cannot, really really cannot avoid every and any situation that might be a little awkward. I know that culturally Japanese people tend to want to do that, but it is impossible. Let people live without the fear of being judged by idiot bullshitters.