General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

does this include the judges? Lmaooo this is wild tho. So no Russians competing in the next olympics against yuzu

It will likely be like PC with Russian athletes competing under the neutral banner if they can "prove" they are clean (I put " " because I don't know what the exact procedure is, not to shade athletes). But 4 yr is a long time. How will this affect the landscape of sports like FS or gymnastics? :think:

1 minute ago, Veveco said:

It will likely be like PC with Russian athletes competing under the neutral banner if they can "prove" they are clean (I put " " because I don't know what the exact procedure is, not to shade athletes in particular). But 4 yr is a long time. How will this affect the landscape of sports like FS of gymnastics? :think:

who knows!!! I’ve been reading and it looks like Russia is arguing with them but who knows if that will get them anywhere. This is quite breaking. The poor skaters who haven’t been doing the wrong thing....

5 minutes ago, Veveco said:

It will likely be like PC with Russian athletes competing under the neutral banner if they can "prove" they are clean (I put " " because I don't know what the exact procedure is, not to shade athletes). But 4 yr is a long time. How will this affect the landscape of sports like FS or gymnastics? :think:

Looks like you were right actually! Flag and anthem are banned but if the skaters can prove they aren't a part of it they can still compete under a neutral flag. Still that's quite the development. Imagine having to prove you haven't done something. 

4 hours ago, Katt said:

If recycling is an excuse for low pcs, how about the same program with different music ? That's exactly what Eteri camp famous for. Evgenia skated with the same partern, layout for years under Eteri, that's the main source of her consistency as well but did her pcs suffer ? Remember the first time she broke Mao's SP record, its due to pcs, not tes (yes, I'm still bitter about this). Japanese ladies bring great, new programs every year but they never get close to Russian ladies's pcs despite being better in everything. Nathan's SP choreo this season is basically a Nemesis recycle. Daniil's programs with mutiple leg kicks/leg grabs that have nothing to do with the music. If recycling programs should get lower pcs, then everything I listed above should be dingged harder. Do we really expect judges to pay attention to music and programs ? Shoma and Nathan still get good goe when step for SP solo jump was a rule. If judges don't even follow the rule/goe guideline most of the time,  why they suddenly invent new one for Yuzuru ?  

Well maybe you are right. I did feel that Alina Zagitova's Short program choreo is copy & paste for 3 seasons straight. 

I think you might be right that there is a bias in that judges don't mind "ctrl+c        ctrl+v"  literally copy and pasting choreo every year. Nathan always does a spread eagle to fill up parts of his choreo sequence. 

Though I gotta say I like Nathan's rocketman and land of all much better than his previous programs, and I think Nathan is trying to differentiate his free programs more than before.

But here is also my theory. I always felt judges expect Yuzu to do more than others, well because he is Yuzu. He always pushed the sport forward.

So when Yuzu has a weakness or anything to pick on, the judges flock to it like mad flies and only concentrate on that.

I think maybe the reason Yuzu might be getting PCS deduction is because different standards apply to Yuzu. The judges expect him to be this perfect role model, and if he doesn't live up to it, the PCS is downgraded much harsher. 

Here are 2 areas of PCS grading where I think might be manipulated much more subjectively than objectively by the judges.

And here are the 2 areas that will be boosted with a clean program + a good program 

• Performance: This is where the scores start to become slightly more abstract and largely based on the judges' individual opinions. Is the skater physically, emotionally, and mentally involved in their program? Does the skater project to the entire audience and arena? Does the skater have presence on the ice with good carriage? Do they project their own personality while skating?

• Interpretation: This score reflects how well the judges feel that the skater is performing with their "soul" (whereas the Composition score is more about the choreography). Does the skater move in time to the music, or are all the movements just off by a beat or two? Does the skater reflect every little trill and ding with a corresponding skating move?

By a good program I mean, Seimei, POTO, H&L (although you guys mentioned this was underscored), Origin, Chopin, LGC, Parisian Walkways etc.

Yuzu usually brings amazing programs.

So I don't think it's that he has bad programs or bad choreo.

I think that when a program is recycled, the judges might somehow think it is less good than Nathan's just because Yuzu is repeating it whilst Nathan is not, and because double and unfair standards apply to Yuzu. 

They might also expect him to give a better performance just because he is recycling the program, and will have had more time to refine it. This might affect the grading because they expect more, so when Yuzu doesn't deliver, they downgrade much harsher than Nathan. 

I know it's theory, but what I'm trying to say is that yes it is politics, but it is also because the judges are nitpicking with Yuzu. They want to find the smallest thing they can say is not better than Nathan, and one of them may very well be that Yuzu recycles whilst Nathan never does. 

40 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

A joke! Lmao but....
That's what they want you to think..... 
Kidding!!!
:embSwan:

28 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I sometimes wonder what they’re drinking.....

Absinthe?? ;Þ

Maybe not so much drinks but rather speed, coke, even just mary jane (...so they actually *dope*, but it's another kind of dope....)

*No wonder their score ended up being batsxxt crazy!!n /S *

27 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

He was on the same flight as I was😊, from Turin to Frankfurt. We landed around 11.45 and there was a connecting flight going at 13.30 to Toronto.......so my guess would be Toronto?

Why doesn't ANA have direct flights from Torino to Toronto if it is one of the top airlines in Japan? Very unusual for a top skater like Yuzu to take transfer flights, when it costs him more time and stamina to do so. 

It's not like Yuzu is too poor to purchase more expensive direct flights, that take less airtime and is usually more comfortable and less of a hassle to wait and transfer. 

19 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Why doesn't ANA have direct flights from Torino to Toronto if it is one of the top airlines in Japan? Very unusual for a top skater like Yuzu to take transfer flights, when it costs him more time and stamina to do so. 

It's not like Yuzu is too poor to purchase more expensive direct flights, that take less airtime and is usually more comfortable and less of a hassle to wait and transfer. 

It's because there isn't one.... 

There are no direct flights from Toronto to Turin (and return) this time of the year. The "best" flight (i.e. shortest time) from Toronto to Turin is Toronto - Frankfurt - Turin.....the flight he was on.