General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

In that case... Hi, Yuzu! Don't be shy, we'll be happy to help! Even to point out mistakes, if you like! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

Well if Yuzu ever drops a hint that he's been here, I might have to draw the quad ladies.

*smiles knowing that the artistic skills will never have to be used*

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well if Yuzu ever drops a hint that he's been here, I might have to draw the quad ladies.

You're deliberately tempting fate, aren't you? :ohno:

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Yuzu has actually created an anonymous account here on the Planet...which one of us do you think it might be? :waffle:

40 minutes ago, Xen said:

I wouldn't be so sure... next thing you know, he'll be saying in interviews:
"Oh yes, I know I have fans all around the world, some have even created a site with my name in it!" 

Omg now I'm getting greedy and I want Japanese media to mention us 

51 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Sometimes for people with English as a second language, their reading and writing is much better than their speaking. I've noticed this time and time again amongst many of my fellow Asians. So I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Yuzu could comfortably browse this forum, and maybe even post with passable and understandable English. 

The reverse is also true. I find my writing and reading Japanese is better than speaking, though it's not that my speaking is bad, it's just not as on the fly as when I speak English, I have to think through it a bit more. 

6 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

The reverse is also true. I find my writing and reading Japanese is better than speaking, though it's not that my speaking is bad, it's just not as on the fly as when I speak English, I have to think through it a bit more. 

tbh I think it's always true whenever you are studying a language on books, in a "school" way, whereas if you go to a country and practice a new language without grammar study, you will probably speak and listen better than you will be writing or reading... the thing you practice more is the thing you will be better at. 

20 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You're deliberately tempting fate, aren't you? :ohno:

I'm not tempting fate, I'm making a very deliberate and calculated bet.

It's unlikely he'll reveal he lurks here, assuming he does, and if he does it will probably be waay waay later after he r*****s.

Theory: Yuzu is waiting for 1-2 week before ACI to reveal his programs or may even just reveal them at ACI with no media day. If his team is as media savvy as they have been so far, that's what I'd do. He has drawn it out long enough that the suspense is there, but ACI isn't until a few other challengers (Lombardia, Salt Lake, and Ondrej Nepela?) and among other reasons waiting to announce his programs can help him hold his cards closer despite the attention being on the other skaters at the time. Much like during Olys Team Event even being absent the media buzz was somewhat in his favor with momentum gearing to switch to any men at any time especially him (due to the uncertainty of his situation). I still greatly admire TCC and Yuzu's team playing their cards perfectly during Olys. I'd write a book on it if I can.

13 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Theory: Yuzu is waiting for 1-2 week before ACI to reveal his programs or may even just reveal them at ACI with no media day. If his team is as media savvy as they have been so far, that's what I'd do. He has drawn it out long enough that the suspense is there, but ACI isn't until a few other challengers (Lombardia, Salt Lake, and Ondrej Nepela?) and among other reasons waiting to announce his programs can help him hold his cards closer despite the attention being on the other skaters at the time. Much like during Olys Team Event even being absent the media buzz was somewhat in his favor with momentum gearing to switch to any men at any time especially him (due to the uncertainty of his situation). I still greatly admire TCC and Yuzu's team playing their cards perfectly during Olys. I'd write a book on it if I can.

Yeah, he's held media day in September before (2016) so I feel like there's a good chance it'll happen again this year. He did have a delayed start to the off season so it makes sense :scratch2: 

4 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Anyone else dying from Yuzu withdrawal? :13877886::13877886:

I'm so happy  I've  discovered    someone  who  is  equally as  talented and  captivating as Yuzu ,  but  in   another  field , and  with   whom I've  been  fascinated  recently . It helps  me  to   cope with Yuzu  drought  so much. Otherwise  it  would have  been unbearable.

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

A small return to the 4cc announcement discussion: how was it in 2014 and 2015? I understand that they did not choose Yuzuru in 2014 because he needed surgery. But what about 2015?:scratch3:

He was in fact injured back then and in great pain. The injury which grounded him for summer 2016. 

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I know, but he hid it, right?

Depends who he hid it from. From the public - definitely, but would you swear the Federation didn’t have a clue? January 2016 was actually when the injury got really bad.... 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Depends who he hid it from. From the public - definitely, but would you swear the Federation didn’t have a clue? January 2016 was actually when the injury got really bad.... 

They announce team for 4cc during nationals in December, right? And he still normally participated in them but was not chosen.

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

Anyone else dying from Yuzu withdrawal? :13877886::13877886:

I almost got a heart attrack when I read the word "withdrawal" so yep, dying here.:slinkaway:

18 minutes ago, Fay said:

But Brian Orser didn't know, did he? So what kind if situation it would have been if the Fed knew but Brian didn't? Unless Brian knew about injury but was in the dark about how bad it was and thought it was getting better.

But doesn't Japanese fed often distribute skaters across many competitions to give more of them a chance? Like Kaori got the Olys and Wakaba got the Worlds? Maybe Yuzu just let them know he'd like to prepare better before Worlds and they accepted it and sent someone else instead? If I remember correctly, the devision about who goes where i made right after Nationals.