General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Anzi said:

A serious question: is there any possibility that he know our forum? 

It's hard to say. From things he's said in interviews, it's pretty obvious that he lurks on the Japanese fan forums and sees what they say but who knows if he does it for English ones as well

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I am 100% sure he has at least browsed it once. And am 50% sure he has come back to it at least two times. 

Some of the newer satellites probably missed the a) banners and boards and fan stuff we did back at ACI 2017; b) that our very own @Hydroblade put her l33t programming skills to work and made an interactive map where satellites and others could put Birthday wishes to him (and in the end we sent it to the TCC twitter).

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's hard to say. From things he's said in interviews, it's pretty obvious that he lurks on the Japanese fan forums and sees what they say but who knows if he does it for English ones as well

I can imagine if he saw us he will say anything internally with the beginning "I am so happy.. " then I would be satisfied ; )

Just now, Xen said:

Some of the newer satellites probably missed the a) banners and boards and fan stuff we did back at ACI 2017; b) that our very own @Hydroblade put her l33t programming skills to work and made an interactive map where satellites and others could put Birthday wishes to him (and in the end we sent it to the TCC twitter).

Yesss plus I think he wouldn't miss the creation of this Planet, I think he is well aware of the meme "Planet Hanyu, population one: him!" and he might have listened to Ita esp once or twice... oh, maybe I am too optimistic! But the Japanese fans love ita esp so much! 

He knows he has fans all over the world and fans who watch online - I still remember him commenting about that, was it at Worlds 2017? Or somewhere else? - and I think it would have been hard for him to miss the Planet Hanyu banner that was behind Brian virtually the entire Rostelecom Cup last year. But whether he did come here to browse, I don't know. I guess it depends how comfortable he is with it. Personally I think he probably has, but he might find the sheer amount of English overwhelming - the same way many of us find long Japanese texts overwhelming with the sheer amount of kanji lol. If you actually put in a bit of effort, it's not that hard, but at first sight, it can be a bit of a "Err, no, thanks, I'll pass!" lol

I also doubt he'd spend too much time here. If anything, I think he might be more interested in more objective opinions on him and the sport than actual fan forums. While it's nicely supportive, I'm sure it can get a little too much to keep seeing people gushing over you. IF he's confident enough in his English, he might actually be more interested in the General Skating Chat thread and other threads there than this one. Just IMO. He does seem like someone who'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about the sport and maybe even debate on it himself - though I doubt he, at this point, would actually join in the debates, anonymously, or other wise.

9 minutes ago, Anzi said:

I can imagine if he saw us he will say anything internally with the beginning "I am so happy.. " then I would be satisfied ; )

I'm pretty sure that if he did read us, some of the things we've said would leave him blushing the way he did when Plushenko praised him at CiONTU....

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I also doubt he'd spend too much time here. If anything, I think he might be more interested in more objective opinions on him and the sport than actual fan forums. While it's nicely supportive, I'm sure it can get a little too much to keep seeing people gushing over you. IF he's confident enough in his English, he might actually be more interested in the General Skating Chat thread and other threads there than this one. Just IMO. He does seem like someone who'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about the sport and maybe even debate on it himself - though I doubt he, at this point, would actually join in the debates, anonymously, or other wise.

Not sure if I would die laughing or crying if he really did create an anonymous account secretly just to debate stuff out in Gen Skating thread. What if he and I are diametrically opposed when debating over there?!

:13877886:

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Not sure if I would die laughing or crying if he really did create an anonymous account secretly just to debate stuff out in Gen Skating thread. What if he and I are diametrically opposed when debating over there?!

:13877886:

I REALLY really doubt that is the case at this point. His English just doesn't seem to be up to that level just yet. But maybe he should visit it, it could be good motivation to improve his English, so he can join in XD I also doubt you'd be that opposed, but I think it'd actually be fun... I wonder how fired up he'd be lol

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Personally I think he probably has, but he might find the sheer amount of English overwhelming - the same way many of us find long Japanese texts overwhelming with the sheer amount of kanji lol. If you actually put in a bit of effort, it's not that hard, but at first sight, it can be a bit of a "Err, no, thanks, I'll pass!" lol

What if he browses the Planet to train his English? :peek:

Sometimes for people with English as a second language, their reading and writing is much better than their speaking. I've noticed this time and time again amongst many of my fellow Asians. So I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Yuzu could comfortably browse this forum, and maybe even post with passable and understandable English.