General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

bought a wanikani lifetime subscription around new years, but I'm about 1000 kanji in already from other sources and wanikani starts you from scratch, so it's very hard to be motivated with it. And some of the radicals are different than what I've been associating them with so I don't really care for that adjustment.  Yeah review is good but that's time I can spend learning the other 1000+ kanji I don't know.  

See, I'm starting from scratch, and I figure the radical names don't matter asuch as knowing the shapes of them and how they get used, so it's not bothering me that way. However I am finding it slow going just because I don't have the time to put into it.

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Yuzuru "Oak Tree" Hanyu... :yznotimpressed:

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

It's okay. Oak tree symbolizes strength and wisdom. Yuzu is the last boss afterall.

I'm more side-eyeing the "willowy" part (didn't Hersh use that same adjective in the past... Feels like such a backhand comment ugh.) 

8 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I'm more side-eyeing the "willowy" part (didn't Hersh use that same adjective in the past... Feels like such a backhand comment ugh.) 

I know. I side-eyed the description too. :laughing: But I just decided by myself to turn a blind eye because of reasons. So, yea, it's like a, "whatever - oak tree is a symbol of wisdom anyway" feeling.

Isn't T. Machida known for taking a fresh approach to his choreography? Maybe Mr. Hanyu will explore a "Machidaesque" angle for his programs. (Don't ask me to define "Machidaesque",  I just thought it sounded catchy.)

Oh and thanks for the Wanikani mentions, i think i'm going to check it out. 

3 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

No hairstyle can make up for Roooxannnne - surely he wouldn’t inflict that on us?

You can always mute the music and use other songs, but you simply cannot close your eyes to avoid looking at his hair!

(a lil hyperbole here, his meh hairstyle are usually those in ads)

He can use this one though

'Willowy' is probably one of the first things I would call Yuzuru if I had to describe him physically, to be honest. :laughing: It's a very nice and accurate descriptor: long and slim, graceful, flexible, looking like he's moving with the wind. HYK reminded me of a weeping willow or weeping cherry tree when I first saw it.

"The willowy Hanyu looked like an oak tree beside the slender, blond, five-foot teen."

That's unusually poetic language coming from the staid old CBC. See what you inspire, Yuzu? 

And yeah, Yuzu the Oak? :68468287: He's definitely more of a willow. Plus, a willow seems more, well, Japanese. Google 'bonsai willow', you'll see it.