General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

Wait, the who did what!? 

Brian mentions it in an interview I think. I'll see if I can find the link...

Ah, here. It's a translation from an Ice Jewels interview:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/161490922159/brian-orser-interview-ice-jewels-vol-6-may

Read the paragraph beginning 'After the SP, any special discussions or...?'

55 minutes ago, Sammie said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I am NOT crying, YOU are crying *angry crying*

By the way, who else is watching all of 2011-2012 competition videos with B.Esp when they should be studying for exams? I mean, not me! Definitely not me. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Alpha male = Top Dog in the pack. No one can deny that this is Yuzu. The negative and sexist connotations that have been baggaged on to the the term in recent years have absolutely zip all to do with it's actual meaning.

I can understand why... but for me it doesn't have connotations, probably for the simple reason that I have listened to David Attenborough use it all the time, in way too many shows (Sir David is right up there with Yuzuru in the 'can do almost no wrong and even then I will deny it' stakes :)

Which makes me think, someone should really do an Attenborough-style description of the Top 6 from the Olympics, it would be hysterical....

1 час назад, robin сказал:

Honestly Yuzu is just Yuzu to me and when he skates I don't really perceive him as either feminine or masculine and I am over the whole having to defend his masculinity because a large part of the western world perceives him as feminine (or worse, too feminine for a man). I don't think masculinity or feminity matters when he skates and I don't watch him through either lense. I just watch his skating and see the beauty in it and I see him not using gender or anything else as a limiting factor in how he expresses himself. His movements and lines are all very natural and strong and beautiful and I honestly don't see the point of assigning gender attributes to them. 

I agree. Yes, Yuzu always wore his blings but it's not like he's first and only male skater who does that. It's just that his skating is elegant and graceful but at the same time strong, add to the mix his slender figure that combined with his flexibility gives us impeccable lines which is a joy to watch. And it's great that Yuzu is so thoughtful about his costumes - it's part of the programme, part of the performance/image he portrays on his "stage" for the audience.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

the boy really shaped up since boobskirt times :winky:

Heck, even since Semei.  And it's probably just the angle or the fact that he squeezed himself into a costume from when he was 15 years  old, but I could swear that he's gotten more shapely even since 2018 Olympics.  He's been working hard in that gym!

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I've always been curious about Kikuchi.  I thought I read somewhere that he moved to Toronto as well.  Tracy called him a personal trainer but he seems to be something more, especially if he really does have that level of devotion.

6 hours ago, Cerunias said:

How could anyone have a negative opinion about that butt spin when he looked like he was having so much fun? That pure enjoyment and the warmth of that laugh whilst he was doing it (as captured in the PC EX practice) was enough to unfreeze the iciest of souls...

:rofl3:

Are you perchance @Ceruniasconfusing him spinning on the ice on his peachey butt with the affectionately named"butt spin" which is properly called the A spin????:notamused:

(Not sure if this was shared here or not.)

@1:57 Hanyu trying on his Olympic gold medals at home - this was kind of brushed over during the broadcast, but HOW CUTE IS THAT!? :10636614:

Do you think he lays them down and then try them on one by one? Like all his GPF ones (although he probably skipped the coaster from France), and then both of his Worlds medals too. He probably never touched his silvers from Skate Canada and 4CC again. :laughing:

This reminds me that I really miss Yuzu + Nobu throughout the season. They're not best-best friends, but their rapport and comfort with each other is so heartwarming.

Hanyu choreographing for Nobu though (:grin_clapping:) is probably how he could be like if he's seriously coaching a student.

19 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Do you think he lays them down and then try them on one by one? Like all his GPF ones (although he probably skipped the coaster from France), and then both of his Worlds medals too. He probably never touched his silvers from Skate Canada and 4CC again. :laughing:

Actually I think he does touch those silver medals.  They're to remind him of unfinished business.

24 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I remember reading somewhere several days ago that he puts all three silver from 4CC on his bedside to motivate himself. CMIIW.

26 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

(Not sure if this was shared here or not.)

@1:57 Hanyu trying on his Olympic gold medals at home - this was kind of brushed over during the broadcast, but HOW CUTE IS THAT!? :10636614:

This reminds me that I really miss Yuzu + Nobu throughout the season. They're not best-best friends, but their rapport and comfort with each other is so heartwarming.

Hanyu choreographing for Nobu though (:grin_clapping:) is probably how he could be like if he's seriously coaching a student.

I loved this whole TV program sfm, everyone was so funny :D Shame it was less than an hour long, I would have watched it all day. 

3 hours ago, TallyT said:

Which makes me think, someone should really do an Attenborough-style description of the Top 6 from the Olympics, it would be hysterical...

...do it with the women. Imagine the battle between Alina and Evgenia being described in terms more suitable to lions on the African savannah...:english1: